It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.J. Naval Base Under 'Lockdown' After Several Incidents Reported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mp9504
As far as I know there is nothing going on anymore. The situation was much more serious than a fedex driver with the weapon. Us soldiers, airmmen etc here, would not have responded the way we did for something that simple. There were SRT teams(like SWAT) that responded to the building(s) the shots came from...which I can't seem to find in any news articles. They even named a specific building that some of the shots came from.

Thank you for not only keeping us in the loop, but for your service to our country. Though it appears we may never get an accurate rendering of this story from the media, I got a feeling of comfort from you explaining how you guys responded. Makes me fell a little safer than I did yesterday. Lately our country has been feeling more like a "sitting duck" than a military super-power.

Even if this was something more serious than what the media will let on, it's obvious our military was able to contain it and prevent a disaster. That is reassuring. This was much better response than the Ft. Hood shootings, where it was public police officers that took down the gunman instead of military personnel. How does that happen anyway?

Anyway, thanks again, and make sure you remind all your fellow servicemen that the American people are proud of them and that we're behind you guys all the way.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Here in NYC, 1010 WINS news radio said today's event in New Jersey was a FedEx driver with a gun. Nothing about fired shots or people breaking in.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Could this at all be related with the recent cases of armed men showing up at military bases? Last month we had a FBI agent shoot and kill a man at Macdill airforce base, and then last week a woman and an ex-soldier were stopped trying to enter with a vehicle containing a few handguns and assault rifles.

Oddly, most of the pages that contained the story give errors or were taken down. This is the only one I could find about the armed duo.

media2.www.baynews9.com...

And the FBI agent killing a man.

www.wtsp.com...

Edit: I say "we" because I live in Tampa.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Tralfamador]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mp9504

Just a question to you mp9504 since if your really in the army, how is the atmosphere around the us bases? what i am trying to say, do you feel anyone in those bases or in yours feel an military uprising type of atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think we're all pretty edgy lately with Gulf Disaster ongoing and all the minor events, possibly false flags to divert our attention. I'm not sure there are any terrorists out there anymore, though god knows there's more people around every day around the world who have reasons to be po'd at us. With all the talk of trillion dollar mineral deposits, Times square bombers, Ft. Hood shooter, etc. the last few months, it very much seems like we're getting constant re-enforcement to support overseas wars.

All the while Americans keep dying in Afghanistan and even still in Iraq and our soldiers pay the price for the endless wars being sold to us. The man event, the Gulf Disaster only triples anxiety and sadness at what is happening TO this country, perpetrated by MNC's. I don't want to believe there's links across the board here, or that blackjack, or anything else is about to kick off, but it's hard to just go to bed and sleep peacefully these days. BTW, I think I at least go to bed and sleep fitfully. Hope y'all do better!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't feel that people are in an uprising atmosphere. I've heard people talk about it before here, saying they're not sure yet what side they'd be on. Depending on the circumstances.  But it surprised me at the fact of how many soldiers here are actually awake and don't believe a lot of the crap the govt feeds us anymore. And after yesterdays events a lot of the other soldiers I talked to have that gut feeling  something bad is going to happen
Also thanks for the support atomic honey.  

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

It's said that there are terrorist training camps within our borders, and they're not all middle eastern either. Law enforcement for the most part has a pretty good handle on it. I wouldn't discount it too lightly though.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
okay so here is what my friend who works at lakehurst said went down. I didn't talk to him directly but he told another friend of mine what happened

Apparently a guy robbed something or someone in the vicinity and fled into woods ending up at the base. Once there he fired shots at the guards. He ran away into the surrounding woods trying to hide. Helicopters were launched to find the suspect. He was hiding in some sort of shack, heard the choppers and ran out. And was then shot by a "swat" team.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by drock905]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
okay so here is what my friend who works at lakehurst said went down. I didn't talk to him directly but he told another friend of mine what happened

Apparently a guy robbed something or someone in the vicinity and fled into woods ending up at the base. Once there he fired shots at the guards. He ran away into the surrounding woods trying to hide. Helicopters were launched to find the suspect. He was hiding in some sort of shack, heard the choppers and ran out. And was then shot by a "swat" team.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by drock905]

So then what about the FedEx guy?

What happened to our "man on the inside" reporting from within the base?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So many things are happening all at once, it's enough to make your head spin.
Maybe order out of chaos is designed to make you dizzy.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sorry guys I've been slacking on this thread.

I've been meaning to post a follow up on this story for the last few days but have been busy. When I get a little time, I will put everything we know in order. In the meantime hopefully the the inside guy will post a follow up on what he knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join