It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


N.J. Naval Base Under 'Lockdown' After Several Incidents Reported

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in


posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:15 PM
As far as I know there is nothing going on anymore. The situation was much more serious than a fedex driver with the weapon. Us soldiers, airmmen etc here, would not have responded the way we did for something that simple. There were SRT teams(like SWAT) that responded to the building(s) the shots came from...which I can't seem to find in any news articles. They even named a specific building that some of the shots came from.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
reply to post by mp9504

Yea that's pretty crazy the media wrote it off as a Fedex driver with a gun.

Let us know if they tell you anything new about the situation when you get debriefed.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
Some of the 17 are no longer AWOL?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for there reports from the area and from the news.
This is what ATS is all about, keep it going guys!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

From page 6 of that topic...

Fox has an updated story. Ten of the 17 are still missing. 4 are in custody, 1 is in Canada, 1 left the country and 1 - is a friggin' citizen!

Fox reporting this story now is just weird too after they've been going "missing" over the span of two years.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
The Houston Chronicle is now Reporting new arrest in Florida...this seems to be expanding today.

2 people detained with weapons at MacDill AFB

TAMPA, Fla. — The military says two heavily armed people are in custody after trying to enter MacDill Air Force Base outside of Tampa. The base is home to U.S. Central Command, which runs the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Base public affairs officer Senior Airman Katherine B. Holt reports a man and woman were unable to show proper identification Monday evening, and their vehicle was searched. Security found military-style gear and weapons in the sport utility vehicle but no explosives. Holt says she didn't know how many weapons were removed but they were rifle-type. The suspects names were not released. The military is investigating and says the base is operating normally.

This could be coincidence, but there appears to be some coordinated probing of military installation going on today.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by realmatrix]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:57 PM
RawStory has this...

There are a lot of quotes there from different sources.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
Thanks guys for the links.

I've noticed there has been a number of incidents at Bases over the last few weeks and even months.

These recent ones have been very strange.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:08 PM
Heh, I love playing this game.

Lakehurst Naval Station is where the Hindenburg went down on May 6th, 1937.

May 6th is one of the prominent dates in the April 19-21, May 6, June 21-28, Nov 3-11 series.

The flash crash in the equities market occurred May 6th, 2010.

Hindenburg = Crash and Burn. Equities = Crash and Burn.

[Adjusts tin foil]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
Just watched the 5:00 (updated) news on our local NJ News channel 12.
They're still going with the story that a Fed Ex driver had an unregistered gun and that there was unrelated second incident at another entrance in which gunshots were reportedly heard by base personnel.
The base spokesperson was on briefly saying the investigation is ongoing but at no time was anyone in danger.

What I found strange was that when I posted earlier I had just watched this particular channel and the reporter said that there would be a news conference on the incident later in the day. No more is being said about it!

Edit to add: it was an "improperly registered gun"

[edit on 21-6-2010 by itsallmaya]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
reply to post by realmatrix

I think the McDill storey being reported as happening today is actually the one from last week. It also makes no sense as it refers to it being Monday evening, however in the US at the time of writing it was only the afternoon!

Links to the same story from last week:

Looks like it is either a software error on the site you linked to or someone has re-released it again today for some reason as if it is today's news.??

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
Someone already mentioned the recent arrest of two people with assault weapons who tried to get into MacDill AFB home of Centcom, Two ID'd in Florida air base incident. It is still a mystery about the identity of these two people? One was reported to be a service member who was absent without leave.

Then this recent intrusion at a Naval Base in New Jersey? It seems like security measures at domestic military installations are being tested? Could these intrusions be like priming targets by some terrorist group whether foreign or domestic? It is quite peculiar all these security incidents happening so close together?

It would seem there may be some coordination behind all these intrusions. Some one goes to the gate attempting to gain access and off in the distance there may be lookouts gathering data about the security posture of US military installations. The last intrusion in Florida took place less than a week from this one. Maybe it is time to change the security postures akin to what was exhibited after 9/11? Something seems to be going on at the moment?

Edit: Thanks to AgentSmith and his source
Soldier Who Tried to Enter MacDill Base Wanted to Impress Girlfriend, Dad Says for clearing up the identity issues of the two MacDill AFB intruders and their possible motives for gaining access to the military installation. They have been identified in the article above.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
reply to post by Jakes51

I think the procedures should ALWAYS be akin to right after 9.11!

At Hurlburt Field and Eglin Airforce Base prior to 9.11, you could slow down wave at the guard, show him a Pizza, or a Business Card and zoom on through. After 9.11 it was a 2 hour wait to get in the front gate! Traffic backed up for miles while every car was searched, sometimes with a dog.

Now, why isn't a military base always that secure? Why isn't our border that secure? I guarantee my house is that secure! Nobody comes into my home, or even gets the door cracked without first being positively identified. Upon positive identification, if they are not personally known to me, they don't come inside, I go outside (usually armed and escorted by my dog). After a conversation, maybe they get to come inside.

Now, if I can protect my home that way, then I expect the military to protect our service members homes that way, and I expect the Government to protect my borders that way!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
Hmmm...testing. That's interesting. Common terrorist tactics are to lure first responders to the scene and then take them out too. Could be they're looking at what kind of response they get, who comes, and how many. And maybe even watching to see what areas go unguarded. That is of course if there's something really going on and we're seeing a pattern developing.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM

Originally posted by Jakes51
It is still a mystery about the identity of these two people? One was reported to be a service member who was absent without leave.

Well yes, if you read the Fox News link I posted in my post above yours then it has all the info in there, his name and everything

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
reply to post by AgentSmith

Thanks and yes this does seem to be the same story...I wonder why it was listed as new News in the Houston Chronicle? Humm

[edit on 21-6-2010 by realmatrix]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
reply to post by AgentSmith

Thanks for the update! Why were they trying to enter the base, home of CentCom and the unit tasked with conducting the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq? Plus, the group had assault weapons as well. Moreover, one had a phony military identification card as well. Apparently, there is more to this than a dumb kid grieving over a sour relationship, as the AWOL soldier's father says? Just my thoughts on it, and there may be more here than the official story?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
No I do agree with you on that, it does seem more than slightly suspicious and as usual I'm sure we are not told the whole truth, if any.

And I don't know why it is reported as todays news today? Might be a software glitch or something more sinister.. who knows!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:21 PM
reply to post by AgentSmith

Yeah it seems something is going on at the moment? The close proximity of these stories are so suspicious it is almost sickening. Then the story about the Army specialist who was AWOL going back to a military base and armed to the teeth to do nothing more than impress a girl?

That story sounds suspect to me? The official story seems so tacky and outrageous. Who really knows why, but one thing is for certain, the two arrested at MacDill had more than squirt guns and sling shots on their persons. As for the story of the MacDill intruder's identities being released today and on a day of another intrusion at different military installation; it is a very odd coincidence indeed. Strange coincidences seem to be the going norm in the post 9/11 world?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
And seems funny the delayed this guys trial today until 4:30. Did something happen at these bases that delayed this guys day in court?

At the request of the prosecution and the defense accused Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad’s noon arraignment on Monday is postponed until 4:30. No reason was given. Shahzad’s attorney would not discuss the possibility he was trying to negotiate a deal with the US Attorney. Shahzad wearing a blue prison jump suit, an orange t shirt and a skullcap said nothing during the brief hearing.

Last week Shahzad was indicted on ten courts including attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction. Soon after his arrest on May 3rd, he reportedly cooperated with investigators. According to the indictment the Pakistani Taliban provided Shahzad with training and possibly money for his planned attack. It is not known if Shahzad is still talking to authorities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

log in