It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad would it be if we increased daily emissions of NYC by 3.5 times?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here's the thing... Looking at the data, the methane which is reaching the surface of the water in the GULF from this massive leak on a daily basis is equivalent to 3.5 X the daily amount of emissions of the entire NYC metro area...

There is more on this thread in the Deepwater section

My question is, does this mean much? How would that effect the atmosphere for the last 60 days... how about the next 60?

I can crunch numbers, but I'm just not familiar with how much causes what kinds of effects...

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Na the world will go on.

You could have 100 times more cars on earth and the world will still be going strong, it would adapt. Of course the pollution over your city would not look very nice, but it would be just localised.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I don't know. Back in the 70s and 80s NYC and all other major metro areas were releasing much larger amounts of pollution than they are now. We've seemed to have survived that. The Earth is a tough SOB. It has survived much worse and will continue to deal with situations.

Mankind on the other hand, may not survive.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Na the world will go on.

You could have 100 times more cars on earth and the world will still be going strong, it would adapt. Of course the pollution over your city would not look very nice, but it would be just localised.

And just like that, you think the world can go on and on without reprecussions to humans, nature and wildlife??? Please, please go here, see this video as it takes you from the profound beauty of nature and wildlife, to the devestation that is now our reality. You will change your mind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join