It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pinball fight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hello ATS-

So I have been stuck on this thought for sometime now. From the moment we are born, we are effected by others around us. Pulling us this way and that, like a ball stuck in a pinball machine. Sometimes up, sometimes down, we wander through life bouncing off of bumpers and paddles trying not to fall into the hole. All the time we are trying to get points to better our score. Everyone wants a better score, I don't know anyone who would want there ball to fall into the hole. The problem is, what score are you going for?

Lets take good VS evil for example, no matter what side they both want the highest score, correct? But what side is good, and what side is evil? We bounce off so many bumpers and paddles through our life we spin just as the ball does. We try and change the balls direction to keep it from the hole. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and we keep pulling the knob back to get another ball.

To think like the ball helps me to understand how to make my life better. Don't fight the ball because it is only trying to help you get points. Instead, work with the ball to make it easier to hit it where you want it to go. Listen to the ball, you see with your eyes where it is going. Don't sit there and flap the paddles as fast as you can, sure you will probably hit the ball, but you will have no control over where it goes. Instead use the paddles when you think it is the right time, use them to help the ball go where you want it. Not only will it help the ball not fall, it will help you score a higher score.

So at the end of the game do you say, "Well I flapped my paddles as hard as I could, sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't, but I had no control where the darn thing went". Or do you say, "I used my paddles when I thought it would be best, when I hit it right, it went right where I wanted it to. Sometimes my timing was off and I didn't hit it right but with practice, I will get better."

We make our lives how we want it, is it not better to hit the ball with precision?

new topics

join