It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HISTORY REPORT by Amni Fley, Class 7e(x) (BBOT)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
GRADE A
Well done Amni, a very cautionary tale indeed!

HISTORY REPORT: THE STORY OF EARTH, 448.32

History is a harsh judge, and at no point in time has History judged a Species harder than when considering the narrative of Humankind. It was the early twenty-first century (413.12 on the Naxar time index), the dominant species on the third planet of the Nellus system was Human. A bipedal, Naxaroid species, that by some anomalous quirk of the Creator found themselves at the top of the pile on "Earth". They believed that their Sun, their planet was the "centre" of the universe, the arrogance is unrivalled in Naxar Annals.

Initial reports from the early Human existence were extremely positive. Probes sent and retrieved from the Boxel-4 Instillation (time index 387.02) reveal an explosion in artistic expression, intelligence and understanding. The Creator's Enerforce (a constant throughout the Universe) was sensed by these early Humans. They existed at one with the Enerforce, at one with each other, at one with the life teeming on their planet.

However the advancement of technology was rapid, they began to leave the old ways behind. Data received from a second series of probes just 0.32 Segments later pointed to a rapid increase in Earth's population. Cities, wars and machines indicated a planet in a sustained period of growth. Most crucially, there was a lust for energy, power and systemic greed. In his report of 387.34, The then Loxus of the Boxel-4 Installation (Fr. Rey Splen) suggested that in just 0.32 Segments, the Humans had a near TOTAL disassociation from the Enerforce. The Planet was mismanaged, the resources were being squandered, control rested in the hands of a select few.

Crucially, the Humans relied on one main source of energy, Hydrocarbons (compounds made from Sp(4) and Gl(3) atoms) were burned to release heat energy. Humans harnessed this potential in engines, generators and other technologies usually to produce electricity, the means by which much of their technology was powered. Hydrocarbons were also used to create materials for the construction of a variety of non-biodegradable goods. In fact there were thousands of uses for the Sp(4)/Gl(3) materials. However in clear violation of Enerforce guidance, the waste, by-products and pollution released from the actual production and combustion of the fuel began to cause havoc on the planet. Constant warnings were ignored and recommendations not implemented. Human dependence on fossil fuels (another name for Hydrocarbons, as they were formed by the anaerobic decomposition of buried dead organisms) was approaching critical levels by the time the following event occurred.

The End of the Age of Humans

In April 2010 (417.54) an accident on one of the vehicles used to extract fossil fuels from beneath the deep ocean (a process that was controversial among the Humans at the time) resulted in the deaths of eleven people. The "well" ruptured leaking liquid Hydrocarbon into an area called the "Gulf of Mexico". The inability to halt the leak (or reluctance to damage the oil reserves) resulted in millions of Cubic Paxels of this pollutant forcing it's way into the ecosystem. While essentially a natural product of the planet, the oil had a devastating effect on the weather, ocean currents, wildlife and air quality of Earth.

Initially there was intense anger towards this accident and those responsible. However, the Leaders of the "Countries" (Municipals) of Earth managed to play down the importance of the leak until it was too late. The Gulf Stream (a major Earth ocean current) collapsed, the climate became intolerable. Toxic chemicals found their way into the food chain causing irreparable damage to the Human Genome.

In 419.53 the Meeting of Municipals determined that Planet Earth had ignored numerous warnings from the Creator. The Humans had disassociated themselves completely from the Enerforce by choice, and were responsible for their own predicament. Intervention was discounted by a majority vote, the planet was left to run it's sorry course.

Within 3.34 Segments of the accident, the devastation of Earth was near complete. Most mammalian life was extinct, pockets of Human existence was isolated to the deserts of a continent called "Africa", where nomadic hunter gatherers were still managing to successfully seek out nutrition. It is worth noting that these individuals had a high Enerforce Empathy Rating, which may yet see the continuation of this species.

While it is always sad to see the demise of a species (the Creator never rejoices in such events), it must be noted that the greed and selfishness of the Human Beings is the paramount cause of this tragedy. Instead of embracing the Enerforce, instead of continuing to manage their resources wisely, they chose another path.

A new investigation is to be launched from Boxel-4 sometime in the next Rotation, with the data signals being received from the probes soon after. It's possible the surviving hunter gatherers able to make it through the catastrophe were successful in gaining a better foothold on the Planet. Although I for one, don't know if it would be a good thing or not.

Amni Fley, Class 7e(x)

[edit on 21-6-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Very creative!

I enjoyed reading this one.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
Very creative!

I enjoyed reading this one.

Cheers for that, I was in a rush and had to do some major post-post editing!!

I'm just finding my feet really, thanks again for the encouragement!

Al the best, Kiwi

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

GRADE A
Well done Amni, a very cautionary tale indeed!

I agree wholeheartedly!
A very creative idea!

Loved it

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I agree wholeheartedly!
A very creative idea!

Loved it

Thanks BlackPoison, I wanted to do something different. Your encouragement means a lot, all the best, Kiwi

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
THis story gave me goose bumps Kiwifoot! Kind of a shiver at the end, too.

Obviously that means it was good, and point well-taken!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
THis story gave me goose bumps Kiwifoot! Kind of a shiver at the end, too.

Obviously that means it was good, and point well-taken!

Thanks LIW, it really means a lot. I have to find some time and read all of the BBOT entries, it's rude not to!

All the best friend, Kiwi

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

When I read this I couldn't help but think about the movie Avatar. How those creatures were connected with their planet. This is a very imaginative piece of work and very well executed! Thanks for sharing your History Report with us!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Great job - and a very good idea.
Enjoyed the read.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

It was different , which was wonderful. I enjoyed it very much. Can't wait to read more of your writtings!!!

new topics

top topics

join