It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC offers to contain BP oil spill... again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

A commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) offers the help of experts from Khatam al-Anbiya headquarters to contain the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Brig. Gen. Rostam Qasemi said the failure of US officials to curb the leak had increased concerns about the possibility of an environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.

“It is a cause for shame that the US and UK … are still unable to contain the oil spill two months has passed since the oil rig was destroyed.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: presstv.ir...

Iran is again offering to help contain the BP oil disaster and at this point, I have more confidence in Iran containing the oil, than I do BP. They may not be able to do anything in plugging the hole but I'm sure they would do a much better job at containing the oil already spilled, I'm sure. BP and the US government simply aren't doing enough, or hardly anything at all, to contain the oil already spreading.

Of course this offer won't go anywhere and I think it's a shame. Is the US and BP more capable? I'm sure they are, however they seem to not care enough to stop the oil from reaching wetlands and beaches. It's time something gets done about, regardless of who does it.

--airspoon

For Iran's first offer of help a month a two ago, see this thread (also by me): Iran offers help in fighting Gulf of Mexico oil leak

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
But why do they want to contain the spill when Corexit is making some people very rich

Nalco formed a joint partnership with Exxon Chemical in 1994 which included a BP executive on the board as well as an Exxon executive. Who is directing these mergers, investments and profits is none other than Goldman Sachs through Blackstone Group and the Apollo Management

Lets just forget this agent has been banned in many parts of the world and if the american public are so stupid as to let Bp spray them with this stuff in the name of profit by zionist controled corporations then lets just see as evolution in action.

Iran offer of help will be turned down because the chemical make up of the oil is protected under some type of corporate protection as if it's a trade secret as shown in the Youtube link above so they will be turned down just like Russia was who leads the world in ultra deep oil drilling.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

i think it is because the United States, as a national entity, has such a war-mongering attitude that it is blinding us to everything else.

we won't let Iran help us because everyone is just sure that they are making bombs when they say they are developing nuclear energy - well within their rights as parties to the Anti Proliferation treaty.

this is a conflict because we allow Israel to blatantly have their nuclear weapons at the ready, without being a party to any of the treaties made in an effort to decrease tension and fear on the global militant level.

i don't know why we should have a problem with Russia, either, they are not communist any more nor are they aggressive.
they are in the process of becoming a different economic entity altogether and that means they don't have the time or money to play war games anymore.
i'm sure they are all sick to death of it, anyway, having been subjected to hardships at least as long ago as the Bolshevik revolution.

if we weren't so damn paranoid, knowing we haven't always done the right thing by our neighbors, then maybe we would be able to humbly accept some help for this TRAVESTY that we obviously are not going to be able to resolve on our own.

and the world is not just ours.

it is just as much Iran's and Russia's and Israel's and Afghanistan's and France's and Lithuania's and on...and on...and on....

we sure the hell don't need to be so foolish that we mess things up for EVERYONE.

if there is going to be a killing off of the human race, it's a damn shame that it is going to be the fault of my country!

so much for the hope of freedom and the grand experiment in democracy!
looks like capitalism and complacency got us in the heart!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The US would never allow Iran to help for the simple reason that they wouldn't want the American public to see Iran in a good light. It would be much harder to go to war with Iran or initiate a regime change in that country.

--airspoon

[edit on 21-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
The Us would never allow Iran to help for the simple reason that they wouldn't want the American public to see Iran in a good light. It would be much harder to go to war with Iran or initiate a regime change in that country.

--airspoon

That's it exactly!

We should be accepting help from anyone who offers!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
The Us would never allow Iran to help for the simple reason that they wouldn't want the American public to see Iran in a good light. It would be much harder to go to war with Iran or initiate a regime change in that country.

--airspoon

Well many of us American's know and understand that 99% of the Iranian people are good, caring and loving people just as 99% of Americans are.

It is our governments and religious leaders that refuse to reconcile. They continue to follow ancient religious doctrine and dogma of uncivilized man attempting to understand the meaning of life.

Most but not all we fight over happend before most of us were born yet we continue to be slaves to things that no longer matter and hamper advancement of the human race to what could be a wonderful existence for most of humanity.

I believe we should allow some minor help from Iran. It can not hurt to "trust but verify". Good will measures should be accepted at least in part to put cracks in the walls we have built between our cultures.

Of course this aid would need to be monitored and watched simply because both of our Nations are suspect in anything we do with one another. Yet we will never make progress without opening ourselves up a bit.

Maybe our leaders would gain nothing from it but those who participate out on the water, on the ships could build friendships that could slowy eat away at the trust issues between our cultures.

We are no better than they are in respect to how our government acts.

There are crazy zealots over there and there are some here as well but we cannot contiune to allow those crazy people to define our relations if we truely want to become friends in the future were all our children can enjoy life.

There is a time to fight but there is also a time to find peace too..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
There is a time to fight but there is also a time to find peace too..

AMEN!

and more every day i am thinking that the time is NOW for humanity to mend its ways...
or else!

kind of like this is the time destined for an opportunity to either make it or break it.

the whole world.

i'm voting for peace and a clean environment and an end to senseless bickering that does nothing but waste time, lives, and money!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Keiser still believes in the "peak oil" and "global warming" scams..... I'll tune in to him when he gets properly informed in these areas.

new topics

top topics

join