It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

www.telegraph.co.uk

His abrasive style has rubbed some people the wrong way, while there has been frustration among Mr Obama's closest advisers that he failed to deliver a smooth ride for the president's legislative programme that his background promised.

"It might not be his fault, but the perception is there," said the consultant, who asked not to be named. "Every vote has been tough, from health care to energy to financial reform.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Rats leaving a sinking ship...

I have to say that the Obama Administration really does seem to have their heads in the sand if they believe what they're spouting. While I certainly AM NOT defending Emanuel, I do have to comment that if they think it's Emanuel's fault that they have a tough time with all of the "reforms" thus far, they are absolutely, positively NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

"Democrats have not stood behind the president in the way Republicans did for George W Bush, and that was meant to be Rahm's job."

Can they seriously not see that the reason Democrats haven't stood behind Obama is because THEIR AFRAID THEIR CONSTITUENTS won't re-elect them?????

His departure would regarded as another sign of how Mr Obama's presidency has been far more troubled than expected.

This is one of the very few responses in the article that is TRUE. Obama's presidency really is in trouble.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Its an odd family. His brother, Ari Emanuel, is the basis of the character of Ari Gold from the HBO show entourage, which is very telling if you ask me.

I would not shed a tear if he was gone. He has a rather unprofessional attitude at times, and the press has caught him belittling the very people he was supposed to be serving.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As I recall the Obama administraion didn't even really want him in the first place, and only gave him the position as a nod to the democratic machine and compromise.

edit: I couldn't find a golf club

[edit on 21-6-2010 by thedarklingthrush]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Rahm is extremely unprofessional, acts truly like a spoiled brat.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Am I the only person here who finds the constant attacks against Mr Emanuel some what anti semitic in tone? I wonder if he would be subject to this kind of criticism if he was not Jewish?

As far as I can see the man is a true servant to his country and works tirelessly in it's service, yet he is given very little credit for this, why? I think it worth pointing out that during the first Gulf War Mr Emanuel volunteered for military service and served loyally in the war against terror in defence of his nation. It seems that he is given very little credit for this.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Lionel]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionel
Am I the only person here who finds the constant attacks against Mr Emmanuel some what anti semitic in tone? I wonder if he would be subject to this kind of criticism if he was not Jewish?

As far as I can see the man is a true servant to his country and works tirelessly in it's service, yet he is given very little credit for this, why? I think it worth pointing out that during the first Gulf War Mr Emmanuel volunteered for military service and served loyally in the war against terror in defence of the nation. It seems that he is given very little credit for this.

Prove it. And no it isnt anti-semitic , this Emmanuel is an Idiot.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

which country are you referring to? Rahm is a duel-citizen is he not?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thank the lord in heaven if this is true. Rahm anti-gun, anti-freedom-Emanuel needs to go. He's instrumental in crafting the 'Obama Agenda'. Next is Cass Sustein, And that nutjob anti freedom Elena Kagan.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Lunatic Pandora]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Interesting -

Also from the article you link in the OP...

It is well known in Washington that arguments have developed between pragmatic Mr Emanuel, a veteran in Congress where he was known for driving through compromises, and the idealistic inner circle who followed Mr Obama to the White House.

The article hints that votes have been tough because the administration isn't willing to compromise very much to get things done. They give the recent health care package as an example...

There were sharp differences over health care reform, with Mr Emanuel arguing that public hostility about cost should have forced them into producing a scaled down package. Mr Obama and advisers including David Axelrod, the chief strategist, and Valerie Jarrett, a businesswoman and mentor from Chicago, decided to push through with grander legislation anyway.

If this is true then the administration will have problems getting things done no matter who replaces Rahm. Add to that the fact that the mid-terms may not go Obama's way and that Hillary has made noises about wanting out and things do not look very good for the administration.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Am I the only person here who finds the constant attacks against Mr Emanuel some what anti semitic in tone? I wonder if he would be subject to this kind of criticism if he was not Jewish?

As far as I can see the man is a true servant to his country and works tirelessly in it's service, yet he is given very little credit for this, why? I think it worth pointing out that during the first Gulf War Mr Emanuel volunteered for military service and served loyally in the war against terror in defence of his nation. It seems that he is given very little credit for this.

You are talking about Israel right?

The guy is a little tyrant. Screw him.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

Have you ever scene him in interviews or on camera? The man is very bratty in his behavior. So he could have upset quite a few important people with his antics.

But he is much more of a realist than other administration members. So it either means the administration is expected to become even more radicalized or maybe they want to bring someone in who hasn't burned some key bridges.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm fairly sure that Obama gets way more heat than Rahm.

Perhaps you are only saying that because of your anti-sovereign signature "USA 4 Israel 4 Ever".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So Mr. fish man is leaving, perhaps he is heading to the gulf to get some more death fish for his pranks that he is so fond of on the people that disagree with him

[edit on 21-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

It seems you are the only one that have not research on Mr. death fish prank record of been a moron, having temper tantrums and thinking that US should be run militarily like Israel does with forced military servituted.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wonder if he is leaving for his underground bunker with the other "elites".

Such a reprehensible individual should not simply resign, he should be incarcerated. Yes, incarcerated with a gag in his mouth. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

As far as I can see the man is a true servant to his country and works tirelessly in it's service, yet he is given very little credit for this, why? ... It seems that he is given very little credit for this.

Which country? Israel? You do realize that the U.S. and Israel are supposed to be different countries, don't you? Seems to me that his service to Israel is a conflict of interest in that he holds a very, very powerful position in the U.S. government.

I am not anti-Semitic, so don't dare accuse me of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here we have two identically titled threads in two separate Breaking News forums, the only difference being that one thread has misspelled Rahm's surname.

Whatever happened to the rules for ATS?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join