It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***Look what they found in Higueras, Mexico!: (We better start getting real serious FAST!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Here's a video from Fox News 6-16-2010 titled:

"U.S. Marshalls Outgunned at the Border"

which discusses the drug cartels and mentions the zetas.

video.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Heres a cache from June 4 on the border.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

Mexican marines seized a substantial arsenal from a home in the northeastern border city of Matamoros, the defense department said.

The marines, who have been deployed in the region to battle powerful drug cartels, came upon the arms cache while pursuing a suspect, the department said in a statement

Inside the home were 92 AK-47 and AR-15 assault rifles, 12 handguns and roughly 200 grenades of various types, along with 580 ammunition clips, 81 military uniforms and other items.

The Gulf drug cartel and Los Zetas, a band of Mexican special forces deserters turned outlaws, are both active in and around Matamoros, located just across the border from Brownsville, Texas..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Heres a bust in Texas June 2.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

A joint operation between the Laredo Police Department and the Webb County Sheriff’s Office resulted in the seizure 147 fully automatic AK-47 assault rifles, 263 high capacity magazines, 53 bayonets and 10,000 rounds of ammunition on Saturday, May 30 in the border city of Laredo Tx.

This city is located across the Rio Grande from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, a stronghold of the powerful Zeta drug cartel.

This is the second large seizure of assault rifles in South Texas within the last 2 weeks (see “Marine Corp reservist caught attempting to export….” on this site)

It is believed the weapons were in the process of being illegally exported into Mexico.

According to authorities, the Laredo Police Department initiated a traffic stop on a van after receiving a tip from the Webb County Sheriff’s Office Crime Stoppers Division. The Sheriff’s office had received anonymous information that the van was transporting illegal contraband.

The vehicle was stopped heading east on International Boulevard. The passenger of the vehicle, who has not been identified, attempted to flee on foot before being apprehended. Officers then discovered the arms cache inside the van.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
These are not cartel weapons YET.

What you are seeing is a gunrunners stock for sale.
The Mexican government got there first.

And these are old military weapons by the wear patterns on them.
the sling fittings are shiny on the M16/CAR15s.
Military use like the Mexican army or one of the other armies in central America that got the weapons from the US government.

Also the magazines show heavy wear indicative of heavy daily use.

There are many of these type weapon floating around in central America for sale and many were stolen for government armories.

The fact that none if the M16/CAR15s have a scope on them is one clue.
It would be easy for the cartel members to get without question from the US so many cartel member would have once they got the weapons.

Even one of the barretts 50s does not have a scope.

Even the AKs show very hard wear like ones from central America. not what you would see in ones from the US

The other question would be why would the cartel have all these weapons out in the woods.
I could see a gun runner meeting with the cartel to do a gun deal in the woods.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This has little to do with illegal immigration and everything to do with drugs. Drugs that Americans buy up by the gross tonnage.

Try not to confuse the two issues, they while related do have distinct differences. Cartels don't care about living in the United States because it's much easier to operate out of Mexico.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Higueras is down in the heart of Mexico. If these arms were found near the US border then I would be concerned. These arms were probably used by a local drug cartel. IMO

Higueras -> Google Earth coordinates -> N 25 15'59.91 W 104 24' 59.75

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
The guy was only an arms dealer, nothing more. They shot one guy who was shooting at them, the article says only one gunmann. The video is of mexicans talking and showing guns. The article shows pictures of whites, our soldiers and one of them looking at a grenade. ONLY A ARMS DEALER.

Could be very true, but where do those guns end up and who has the money to buy...must be customers to have a business. Kind of interesting with a lot of money tied up in that pile.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

Trust me, we have plenty. Personally I have 12 rifles, 5 shotguns and 7 handguns in my bedroom closet thats not counting my fathers and brothers firearms in storage in my basement. And to think some my friends call my cache "basic".

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I am responding to the first page of this thread, so sorry if I'm duplicating material that came later down line. I wouldn't laugh too hard at CIA involvement here. I've been following the shifting drug pipelines of the CIA for some history research related to my work as an historian in California.

Here's a website from indymedia on the crashes of CIA front company planes in 2007 to start with:

indymedia.org.nz...

I will follow with a couple of more links. Ever since World War II and the OSS the US has been involved in drug smuggling - or rather our intelligence agencies have - to fund covert operations. Lt. Gen. Claire Chenault (he must have a hard time as a kid with that name!) used the legendary flying tigers to fly in Opium from Burma to Chiang Kai Shek's forces fighting the Japanese (and Mao's guerillas) to fund the operations of the Nationalist Chinese. These practice carried over into the CIA in 1947 and the famous French Connection was actually a CIA operation, though noone knew that at the time they made the movie with Gene Hackman about the whole affair.

The CIA was then using (late 40s and early 50s) the wartime connections of their OSS founders with the Sicilian Mafia to smuggle heroin into the US to fund covert ops from the very beginning of the agency. This would pop up again and again (Air America during Vietnam, the Contra-Cocaine connection in the 80s and 90s and drugs will shift over from opium to coc aine after the Vietnam War was done. Gary Webb wrote about the Contra Cocaine operations in Dark Alliance and the New York Times, LA Times and Washington Post, covering the CIA's tracks, as they have since the 50s, would mount a campaign to ruin Webb's career, labeling a sloppy journalist. Thing is, later Senate Hearings run by John Kerry would prove Webb to be right on every point. The CIA was smuggling drugs with knowledge going right up to the top and to the Vice President during the operation: George Herbert Walker Bush. Though the Hearings could never quite get a smoking gun on that then. Links to a lot of the hearings materials are here, though Dark Alliance has been expunged from SJ Mercury files website:

www.gwu.edu...

A pretty fair summary, except for Gary Webb's death is hear and recounts the whole affair:

www.consortiumnews.com...

The one glaring problem is the acceptance that his death was a suicide and getting some of the facts around that wrong. It was not cut and dried. he was working on a follow-up to Dark Alliance and had received several death threats and feared for his life as he told several friends. The "suicide" was two shots the head, the first tearing off most of his jaw and the second to an area just below and behind the ear. This with a revolver. The coroner said, "while it is unusual for a suicide victim to shoot himself twice in the head, it is not impossible." End case. Deeply in shock, lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood, half his jaw gone, he recocked his revolver and shot himelf behind the ear? Uh, right. Gary Webb was a true journalist and paid for his story with his life. He should not be forgotten.

The CIA is currently, and seemingly at it again, using the Sinaloa Cartel to help smuggle their drugs, but this is dangerous stuff to look into too deeply. I'm not Gary Webb and I'm not going to Mexico to learn more. People die quickly in that environment - an pretty horribly. The Zetas are at war with Sinaloa over the Gulf side of the smuggling operations I don't know who is backing them, but that was for real US military ordinance. Here's another link to CIA front company planes and Mexico, though:

www.madcowprod.com...

Hopsicker does good work and there's other articles on this site. More later.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
They are going to say that these weapons are American and then use this as an excuse to clamp down on our 2nd Amendment. While these weapons are American (most of them), they were probably obtained through corrupt Mexican officials, not private American gun sales. US tax-dollars are used to purchase these weapons for Latin American countries, from American corporations, yet they won't tell us that. They will just simply say that these weapons came from America and that's why we need to curb gun ownership in America. What a farse!

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Just a follow-up here. The Mena connection is important, because some pretty credible people have speculated that the whole Monica Lewinsky thing was just a toss-off to direct investigations away from Mena and the Clinton's involvement with real estate deals involving that airport. One of several "CIA Homefields" in the US. I don't know much more about that and can't say.

My point is in these posts is that the whole Mexican gang wars scenario is not about immigration. It's about a turf war over drug smuggling and it involves at least the CIA and maybe Pentagon intelligence agencies as well. I noticed a reference to the Zetas being trained by Delta Force. I don't know about that either, but this could be very, very, convoluted and it will never be broached by MSM in America. Too disturbing for the peasants who should be out shopping.

If anything all this has increased or reinvigorated illegal border crossings by ordinary Mexicans trying to flee the violence, just like in the days of the 1911-24 Mexican Revolution. The folks coming across are not the bad guys, though there may be a few bad guys among them. They are families trying to survive and as usual with Latin American immigration, fleeing problems started or fueled by the good old USA. The feds, at least the White House is doing very little because there is little they can do. The last time a US President fronted off the CIA, well you know what happened there. Now we have a bunch of neo-nazis saying they're going to take care of border security. Unless these guys are ex-seals or something, they're walking into way more than they can handle. They'll end up dead, but not before they shoot a number of innocent, scared Mexicans mistaking them for Zetas or Sinaloa. They are fools and will not help the situation and further they will get NO help from any US border agency, FBI or National Guard units. Think about it. The orders there are going to be don't get involved in this and it's going to come from very high up.

We have immigration problems in California too, but our problems are not the immigrants themselves. It's the fact that once again American business still seeks cheap labor without checking who they are hiring much. And the Federal government is still mucking around in Mexico and Latin America and still tied up in protecting black budgets for black ops. At the very least the CIA is. Maybe DIA or one of the other Pentagon intelligence agencies too. You absolutely shouldn't lay your fear or anger on the Mexican people. This is all red, white and blue at the core, with the definite involvement of Mexican drug cartels and no doubt much corrupt encouragement from the Mexican government. This all TPTB all around. Peace and keep your heads down.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Of course those weapons didn't come from some gun shop north of the border, but I don't think there's any doubt they are from the US, perhaps via Haiti or Guatemala, but if history has patterns, then the CIA is still smuggling drugs and it's coming from them. That may ease up some as they re-establish the old Afghan to Europe pipeline from the early 50s. Why do you think the CIA field HQ Afghanistan is at Karzai's brother-in-law's house there? As minister of the interior he is charged with drug eradication and he was the biggest middle man in the drug trade in Afghanistan before we invaded. BTW, Afghani Heroin is now being reported in large quantities in Russia and the Ukraine, so the pipeline is up and running, probably through the agency's contacts with Chechen rebels (or Al Qaeda as they're known in the Caucasus. Maybe if we're lucky the heroin will never hit the streets of New York or Chicago.

Yes this may be used to try and impose gun control, but I don't think there's much evidence the media can use to fuel the idea that Texas gun shops are smuggling guns. That's been reported and the story died very quickly from the shear implauisibility of Texas shop owners having access to massive amounts of military grade weapons. So hopefully you don't have to worry too much about that yet. It may come, but it's not imminent, I don't think. Then again, I could very well be wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

First, everything you have said is true. I have not read the entire thread either. First, I can definitely say that the photos are Mexican and not in Colombia or elsewhere in Latin America. Those type of trucks are not sold down here. The only other possible country in Latin America would be Venezuela where gasoline is so cheap. I live in Colombia and have for 15 years. It is almost impossible to get a gun, legally, here but the bad guys seem to have no problems getting them. I have lost many friends over the years and FARC has had no problem sustaining itself for well over 50 years in its war with the government which is backed by the US. These kinds of weapons and in these numbers would be difficult to have on the US border but it could be possible one day soon.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Here's a good read from wikipedia about the weapon smuggling. en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for the link. I am not from US. I took a look about those guns and various links from google. Wow . Gun seems very very easily obtainable and a lot of loopholes for getting good weapons. I dont know its good or bad, but its cool.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

I gotta say its very good collection already. You gotta strap it like terminator already for what you have. These are good as long as these criminals have those weapons. I read in a post that a sniper is just 5k . Is it true?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

Than you for your post. It was very informative and provided me some new information. I also think CIA has money laundering operations in Honolulu. Good place they chose. Unless their finances are blocked their illegal operations cant be stopped. CIA is a terrorist organisation. The most dangerous one to this planet.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

I didnt think you guys had grenade launcher and bazooka. If you guys do have those, then i'll be damned. Its cool in a way.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The original post is a lie, if that is what you are referring to!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
T me I think controlling immigration can be made extremely simple without force. Our country (America) needs to do the same things other countries like switzerland does to control theirimmigration.

If you take away the rides no one tries to get into the amusement park.

Forget guarding the borders likeflies on # and focus inside our country. take away all the free welfare and benefits for illegals is a decent way to start but even more important start to focus penalties fines and even jail time on the american citizens who give these illegals jobs, housing and bank accounts. If the attention is put on the people who are providing such high incentives for these illegals to be here and they will actually be in trouble for doing so and it's done to a point where every american will refuse to do these things than the illegal immigration rate will drop dramatically. If everything they come for is eliminated there is no reason for them to come here.

T many of us focus our energy on keeping them out but it is our own citizens who are the ones giving these illegals jobs, banking accounts and even renting housing out to them without any proof of citizenship, and don't get me started on the #ed up welfare system that outright gives them our tax money.

Like I said remove the rides and there will be no reason to go to the amusement park.

Let me know what you guys think, am I the only one who see's this as a simple fix by doing what most other countryies already do to control their borders?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join