It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS from AlSayr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Greetings ATS members. My name is Greg; but I will go by the handle of a new name that was given to me, AlSayr. It stands for All Seer; like the Seer's in the Bible. The difference between a Seer and a Prophet is this. A 'SEER' can see what is happening in the world; however, they are not usually a mouthpiece for God like a Prophet is. Some Seers are Prophets.

Before you conveniently dispose of me as a religious freak let me show where I am different. I don't believe in the man made institutional Church. Church comes from the Greek word Ekklesia which means Assembly or Congregation. This is perhaps one of the biggest conspiracies of all time. We really are just in a group that believes in Jesus Christ, not a Church, but man will have you believe very differently.

I have been lurking here at ATS for over a year now and enjoy the site very much. I look forward to discussing things with you great folks.

www.bible-truth.org...

*snip* The purpose of this paper is to show that the early translators of the English Bible mistranslated the word "ekklesia" using the English word "church" instead of "assembly" or "congregation." This translation has helped promote the false doctrine of a universal church and a hierarchical authority over the local congregation. Showing how this translation has adversely affected the proper understanding of the biblical doctrine of the church will demonstrate the absolute necessity of translating the text literally and rejecting the influence of any particular church's theology. *snip*

Thanks,
AlSayr - Yeah - I did numerology on this name after it was given to me, it comes out as 21, how weird is that?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AlSayr

Welcome to ATS AlSayr !!

I hope you enjoy your time here if you need any help or advice on anything then feel free to ask.

Here's a hopefully helpful link to get you started here.

Cya around.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Rising Against]

CX

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

CX.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the nice welcomes.
This web site really holds a lot of intrigue for me. Nice to see people discussing all of these subjects.

Thanks,
Greg

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlSayr

Welcome. I think you'll find this group interesting, to put it mildly. Sometimes annoying, like I am from time to time. Often not just in left field, but some unidentified, non-localized, amorphous, dimension. But never boring. Enjoy...

top topics

join