It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic glacier melt maybe 'not due to climate change'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Globa Warming may not be fact.....But we are far from certain knowledge that it wont continue to get warmer on planet earth,(as it apears to be doing)
I say we need far more data to be certain of anything.
Data comes from recording the facts over time....
people want answers to stupid questions and expect our scientists to computer model the results for them or some such other scientific way of producuing their requirements....
example...How will this sea shoreline look in ten thousand years from now?
This is the type of question that cannot reasonably be forecast yet goverments and others demand this info from the "experts"
And then GO with it to complete their agendas....(be it a nuclear waste dump on top of an aquifer which supplies eight states with drinking water)
(or some huge dam)
The point is there is no accurate way of predicting risk in these situations....
but the forcasts are used as base lines for the future....!
In the meantime the obvious prediction IS true"that over a given long period of time,catastrophies WILL happen in ratio to the cicumstances which we are now creating!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Oh. Isn't that nice.

It's so easy to say "my bad" in the scientific community.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Its really "appearing" to get warming to you? Really? I have yet to see any evidence of that. Quiet the opposite has been notice in my neck of the wood. Al Gore is a by word here. Nothing more then a con artist. Now hes working on destroying family values, since his Global Warming, turned to Climate Change didnt work.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

With all the money the right reverend Al Gore is making from the carbon scam, I'm not sure he's in it for the good of our souls, sorry planet.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I understand you point clearly, and as I am human, I too have made the mistake of being too zealous, for which I apologize.

My problem is more with the Gorian solution than the climate inconsistencies itself. I have found that much of the industries around the globe who will benefit from the carbon trading market are strongly avoiding any issues that cast the appearance of incompleteness to the scientific inquiry.

Occasionally, some scientist or group of scientists dare to point out that we are no where near understanding the forces, constants, and variables in this issue; whereas I keep getting the resounding message from the administration, the bankers, and the globalist corporate world that this carbon scheme will go a long way in making everything better.

My penchant for protesting against new revenue streams for them to exploit got the better of me.

Succinctly, yes this is another theory; yes, we need to be environmentally conscious, and must make sustainable stewardship a component of both our lifestyles and our governance.

But this Cap and trade crap is another bald-faced lie which will further removing our attention from the full problem (we have yet to adequately define,) with a solution that translates into - "give us your money."

Nevertheless, if I came across as too close-minded, it was not my intent. My intent was to highlight yet another example of how other things play a role in the changing of our climate landscape... things other than 'carbon' emissions and the heroic celebrity star of "An Inconvenient Truth."

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

This doesnt make me feel any better...

fresh water which used to be in Natures Ice Box enters ocean water in large quantities....

Salination levels are diminished...

Thermo Hayline Conveyor slows down...

World gets much colder....

I don't think the concern here is what is causing the melting... but what it can lead to, as far as I'm concerned...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
reply to post by Xeven

With all the money the right reverend Al Gore is making from the carbon scam, I'm not sure he's in it for the good of our souls, sorry planet.

Those that make the most money are usually the biggest contributors to pollution, those people might notice someone like Al Gore but not some guy without any money or status. At least this is something where without there would not be many people in such a position who would want to preach even if paid large sums of money. I'm quite sure Al Gore had other options which might be different in rewards but probably better careerwise.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Those climate change people who want to let us pay for the Co2 we exhale.

Are not really left with a lot of arguments.

But people, please do not forget we still need to fight and defend our planet from pollution and destruction.

Thankfully we learn and discover new things that cut through the lies.

This is not reason for us our blindfolds back on and go to sleep. Keep your eyes open and push the alert button when TSHTF

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Globa Warming may not be fact.....But we are far from certain knowledge that it wont continue to get warmer on planet earth

As we are far from certain that it will not get colder... or wetter... or drier... or that there will be a pole shift... or an asteroid will not impact the planet... or that the sun will not run out of fuel... or that we will not be sucked into a black hole...

The burden of proof in science is on the theory being presented, not on those to whom it is presented.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

yES, but even the "global warming" scenario is just a theory, and its beeing used for profit, control, guilt trips, as well as presented as fact, and indisputible i might ad, while they force it down our throats

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

fresh water which used to be in Natures Ice Box enters ocean water in large quantities....

Snow levels increase due to colder climate...

Salination increases as ice mass increases...

Thermo Hayline Conveyor speeds up...

World warms back up...

It's amazing what carrying a thought process to its conclusion can tell us.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
The burden of proof in science is on the theory being presented, not on those to whom it is presented.

TheRedneck

Well science has proven that ice that has survived over a million years of climate change, heating and ice ages, is now gone. People still don't want to admit that it has anything to do with the environment though.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If you are speaking of the Arctic, yes, the ice mass appears to be decreasing. That, however, does not equal Global Warming, any more than having a heat wave in Alabama during the summer does. Both are regional anomalies.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I completely understand and agree with you here.
I hope you also see the path of destruction our species really does leave in our trail.

We must start with our selves, stay mindful of the future and remain vigilant, always.
Some or maybe even a lot are aware of our worlds leaders of governments and enterprises lack moral and even worse.
Change will never happens if we forget.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

If you are speaking of the Arctic, yes, the ice mass appears to be decreasing. That, however, does not equal Global Warming, any more than having a heat wave in Alabama during the summer does. Both are regional anomalies.

TheRedneck

I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Another dent in the manmade climate change argument but I doubt this will be widely reported.

As for Al Gore, he's just part of the corporate exploitation of the people.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

My understanding is that warmer climate will cause more rain and snow because more water gets in the atmosphere.

The Antarctic ice sheet is even getting thicker which can be a result of a warmer atmosphere.

@ Intrepid

What I notice is this.

We don't know what is the cause of the changing climate. We do know it could mean trouble. Not as much trouble as we think... Because the solutions let us pay for the prevention of not fully understood science. At the same time there will not or just a little be done to make the actual polluters pay. They will in fact benefit from what we have to pay.

Nothing will change except our bank account.

This is what I see happening.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

That would be my expectation as well... however, I have had many many members argue the reverse to me. The truth is, we really don't know if a few degrees of average global temperature increase will create more rain, less rain, or have little to no impact on rain.

As another poster has pointed out, we don't even know if we will experience a few degrees of temperature change. It's just a theory, and one which I believe to be extremely shaky at best.

One thing I DO know: this

Nothing will change except our bank account.
is absolutely correct.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
LOL

someone said, well, this is a theory

boy, global warming is a theory too!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

Snow levels increase due to colder climate...

Salination increases as ice mass increases...

Thermo Hayline Conveyor speeds up...

World warms back up...

It's amazing what carrying a thought process to its conclusion can tell us.

TheRedneck

And it only takes a few thousand years to come back around...

AWESOME!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join