It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New movie "I,Robot" may have a point on AI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ive seen the previews for this moive it looks good/ but the plot goes along with a robot that murders someone or something. does anyone have any info?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I remember a band back in the late 70's.....called Allen Parsons.......and they/he had an album out called 'progect: I Robot'
I wonder IF that has anything to do with this new ' I robot ' thing? I wonder if the music will be the same?

When I saw this post thats the first thing that came to my mind.....was Allen parsons getting residual money fro the use of his albums name....

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
three words: read the book!

www.amazon.com...=1087085531/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8875854-9584648?v=glance&s=books

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Four words

Asimov's Laws of Robotics

Asimov's Revised Laws of Robotics (1985)
Zeroth Law:
A robot may not injure humanity, or, through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.

First Law:
A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, unless this would violate the Zeroth Law of Robotics.

Second Law:
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the Zeroth or First Law.

Third Law:
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the Zeroth, First, or Second Law.

top topics

join