It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by spy66

Thats how i feel too mate

Whats the point reading such eye opening stuff and forgetting about it ?

Its a shame the elite/goverment/illuminati overshadow civilians so much. If we riot and protest against them, we just get arrested...

Jesse's you did a good job on this one lol. Its hard to actually see that you missed out on anything.

But if we want changes to day. We have to talk to the generals. Only the big guns can make the money puppets go away and the illusion of this so called freedom and democracy disappear.

It is also by war,terror, lies, deception = what you have written about the elites have changed the world. That is probably the only way it can be changed back by as well. By war.
A lot of people are actually very comfortable living in this delusion, and will fight for it. Unless they can get it for free without sacrificing.

This sounds a bit ex stream to say. But just imagine how much people have suffered for the elites through history. People have actually fought for this way of life, even though, when taking time out to look at the world around them, It wasn't exactly the world they had in mind.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

It boils down to money is power, and the elite have it all win win.

Example... A civilian got his monthly payment and wants to buy a new HD TV with his money.
Now in the eyes of the elite, that civilian has basically bought a fancier mind controling tool with his own money!

The elite have it where, the civilians make them self all wraped up in the delusional world themselves.

It's becoming such a way of life, that years to come humans will be TOTALLY oblivious to it all, to a point where somone will show some strong evidence to show their being mind controlled and the other person will just say, "so what, just enjoy your life".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i found this thread this morning, and left it open as a tab in my browser until i could sit an concentrate on it.

Outstanding stuff. This is something i have been researching, personally, for the past 15 years (ever since i started needing to be able to target my audience better as a manager in a call center). I have family in advertising (Thrifty Nickels, and a couple of Commercial Artist graduates).

The ease with which the average, simple human can be manipulated is startling. Many here at ATS are immune to these effects...but just think about how simple minded the average person you know is. I don't say that in a contemptuous way, as being simple (not retarded) is common and allows for some people to work jobs that others, who need "more" would not be willing to do without great misery.

I have a friend that loves the newest, latest, greatest. We saw this Mercedes sport ute and he said, "Man, that is sweet". I looked at him like he was crazy. It was ugly, boxy, looked like it would flip over really easily. I told him the only reason he liked it was because of the Mercedes symbol...and he readily agreed with me. That it was ugly, but being a Mercedes made it attractive to him. He works a minimum wage job and has thousands and thousands of dollars in gold jewelry (40 year old man who has received gifts from chicks and family members, and he just takes care of it). Why have all this gold? "Its pimp sh#".

If i hadn't known him so long, i likely would never be his friend. But 20 some odd years of loyalty is hard to overlook, you know? even when the shallow mindedness numbs my own mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's becoming such a way of life, that years to come humans will be TOTALLY oblivious to it all, to a point where somone will show some strong evidence to show their being mind controlled and the other person will just say, "so what, just enjoy your life".

That day is already here. Show this information on a "regular" forum, and you will likely either get this response, or one that tries to argue you into submission with unrelenting, circular BS (as we see on ATS daily)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

The elite have it where, the civilians make them self all wraped up in the delusional world themselves.

It's becoming such a way of life, that years to come humans will be TOTALLY oblivious to it all, to a point where someone will show some strong evidence to show their being mind controlled and the other person will just say, "so what, just enjoy your life".

I would say, that time is already upon us. I cant even get my wife to go camping in a tent anymore. NO, she needs a cabin with just the same appliances we have at home. You know, toilet, shower, TV, and to top it all of we have to be able to drive the car all the way to the door, because she hates walking. But she loves working out at the gym and loves running around the lake three times a week.

This world that we have created for our selves is so damn comfy. Its irreversible at this stage. Even though we work more now than we ever did before, but work has become a image of social status. People love to brag about their work and status. LoL i guess a lot of movies and shows actually promote a lot of these statuses and ideas. It becomes a personal goal or a dream, to be like them in some way, but of course we want to be better. Because we love competition.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your right, its already here, come to think of it.

Humans are very programmable when it comes to advertising, were almost like computers in that sense and that human free will is aload of crap. We are exploited like a doggy bit of bad programming in a game.
They find our weak points and exploit it. E.g. Sexual instinct. It overrides our logic when buying a product we don't need.

You also mention 'regular' people who fool for symbolism like the guy did with the mercedes, well my family are all vicitims to it. My dad buys lenses for his camera because of the brand, my mum goes in shops due to 'better' branding and my sister sticks to 'GHD' straightners because their popular -.- and seen on TV.

www.abovetopsecret.com... This thread fits in perfect with mine. Read this.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Yes exactly
, people want to live the movies, its the 'perfect' way of living and its more 'enjoyable'.

Games are the same but are targeted for a younger, more exploitable audience. It's the new mind control of our generation and its more potent than movies, because of the age group it affects.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I am guilty of brand loyalty, but only insofar as quality is concerned. For example, i like Dr. Pepper. If i am having a soda, it is Dr. Pepper. Not "Dr. Thunder", or some knock off. The flavor isn't the same.

If i buy dishsoap, i buy only Dawn. It has an ability to break up grease that is unmatched by other brands (although Joy is wonderful on glass in general). Dawn is so effective you can use it to clean your bilge pump on a boat, and it works magnificently.

But i don't buy branded items for appearance. I refuse to wear a shirt with a designer brand on it. I generally wear rock t-shirts, or plain T's without a pocket (or i am dressed up for work in slacks, button up, etc). In my house, you get whatever is on sale at the time we go shopping. My oldest son has learned, if you don't like what it there and don't get anything, you miss out and have to wait until we go shopping again. LOL, he seemed to be born with so many preconcieved notions and expectations. His process of disillusionment has been very entertaining. Now that he has graduated, i hope he adapts well.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You follow your logic when you buy products, your obviously not the 'regular' person who companies target.

For those 'regular' people, loyalty to a brand comes from emotion not logic like you. Count yourself lucky

I too follow logic and save my money when i really need to spend it.

I have a friend who spends up to £60-80 ($110-140) on jeans, purely because of its brand. He also was telling me he was interested in a watch which is entirely made from plastic, but the price doesn't reflect its material. It was around £40 ($70) for a one coloured (red or blue) plastic watch...
He has the perfect personality for companies to exploit.

He's a good friend at the end of day, but i can see how he is exploited.

EDIT: it's late here and am off for the night, and i understand America is waking up, so i hope they can view our topic we discussed.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Just a theory nut very plausible! If HAARP can direct a storm why couldn't it control your mind.
Mind Control

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i never knew drinking coca cola would make woman want to give head? from now on i will buy my gf coca cola all the time!

that is weird though hidden messages..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't know if you've considered this, but in my opinion television and movies are creating artificially engineered brain disorders and delusions. I try to avoid watching television as much as I can, but the little I see is just whacked. Modern shows remind me of Half-Life 2, with the television always showing Dr. Brain spewing nonsense.

I did find that shows like FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD are totally packed with subliminal messages, propaganda, brainwashing, etc. Those shows almost seem like they run on a timer, which leads me to believe that they are specifically designed to induce a state of attention deficit disorder on regular viewers.

People make idols out of movie actors, and try to mimic them in every way. Opinions and views are passed constantly, with the content of the shows trying to dumb and slow people down. The screens and flickering of certain colours and frequencies are hypnotising, and induce chemical reactions in the brain that overload it to prevent the conscious mind from noticing those subliminal messages and making them easier to be absorbed.

People who are tired and watch TV are pretty much downloading programming into their subconscious minds, especially if that user is drunk or on another type of drug. You can really tell, brainwashed people will only talk about sports or movies because they're obsessed with them. Those people are memorised by the alien technology the Trilateral Commission sells them, and people are becoming addicted to material possessions because they were so well brainwashed and think this technology is divine or something.

The elite created the herd mentality by using TV, because the television can broadcast a controlled message across the whole nation. The TV lies, and hence we live in a society where things like UFOs and NWO are too complex to discuss, because they were programmed to be so shocked and scared about the truth.

It seems like every movie, show etc. has a predictable ending, and likewise they all seem the same. Your not even watching real actors any-more, but computer generated scenes. By the way, CBS' logo is an eye.

TV et al. are just the chains to the mind of a slave.

EDIT: ADDED SOURCES

en.wikipedia.org...

"In this particular episode, there were bright explosions with rapidly alternating blue and red color patterns. It was determined in subsequent research that these strobing light effects cause some individuals to have epileptic seizures, even if the person had no previous history of epilepsy."

This tactic, I believe, increases the epinephrine (adrenaline) flow in the brain, making the scene seem more exciting or addictive. Careful if you watch that episode, I saw the clip and it's very, very harsh.

www.youtube.com...

"New world order" in a Pokemon movie? This is clearly propaganda, as NWO is mentioned in many video games and movies, usually out of context.

New world order is mentioned in Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty, Barnyeard, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Spiderman ... this YouTube video goes over the rest, for those interested.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Svoboda]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Svoboda]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Great Thread, I highly reccomend the documentary "The Century of Self".
Look it up, you can watch it for free. A very revealing insight into the history of social engineering in the 20th century. I'd say it's a must see when speaking of this subject.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

For Prime Time Media Exposer, to reach the masses. Nancy Grace
--- Spoof --- MadTV NG

Now for the boring stuff, Listen! Don't watch. I'm sure you can now hear how the mind control works.
- Nancy Dis-Grace: infoMania
- Nancy Grace CNN Defends Self On GMA Over Duckett Interview
- Nancy Grace's disturbing comments
- Nancy Grace Argues with Guest Psychoanalyst
-

So. Notice how when she's told she is wrong she yell's that she is right? The fact that she say's she was a "former" Prosecutor is what she uses as a line all the time to make the masses believe her. The same concept goes for every news anchor out there, even Robin Meade.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Forgot to mention. Any and all shows on TV has less AIRTIME then commercials.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Page 214 in The Journal of Atomic Scientists.. physicist Robert Oppenheimer..implying that the nuclear bomb is "trivial" compared to threat of the techniques of psychological mind control while a guest speaker to the American Psychological Association in 1955 -
Quote:

"In the last ten years physicists have been extraordinarily noisy about the immense powers, that largely through their efforts, but through other efforts as well have come into the possession of man, powers notably and strikingly for very large scale and dreadful destruction.

We have spoken of our responsibilities and our obligations to society in terms that sound very provincial, because the psychologist can hardly do anything without realizing that for him the acquisition of knowledge opens up the most terrifying prospects of controlling what people do and how they feel.

This is true for all of you who are engaged in practice, and as the corpus of psychology gains in certitude and subtlety and skill. I can see that the physicists pleas that what he discovers be used with humanity and be used wisely will seem trivial compared to those pleas which you will have to make and for which you will be responsible."

So here we have one of the developers of the atomic bomb, the symbol of Armageddon telling us that there is something that will make an Atomic Armageddon seem trivial!
He was referring to the developments in psychology – that the potential such techniques might have if used in pursuit of EVIL.

And old timer in this game, George Estabrooks- back in 1943, warns that the ONLY way to prevent covert mental manipulation is to become familiar with the techniques being used upon thee.

Here is a page about the "Confusion Technique" LINK extracted from the works of Milton Erickson

And these two are exceptional: "The Rape of the Mind" LINK and "Delusion and Mass Delusion" LINK by Dr Joost Meerloo

The first one is referenced in the 1963 KUBARK Interrogation Manual (once Secret) the footnote states simply: "Recommended reading for interrogators so that they might "know themselves" better." The CIA is telling its own guys (in 1963) to read this to understand themselves.. Perhaps it is worth a look? Both books are out of print but links above go to webbed versions for your cognitive betterment.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The things I really dont like, is the Nickelodeon, and Disney shows which portray kids as the smart ones and all adults as morons, and also when the kids do something bad which in real life would result in discipline, and consequences they just apologize and everything is right with the world.
And many other nuances which I do not like.

I have banned all NIck, and Disney crap from my TV

Icarly
big time rush
raven
SPONGEBOB
hannah montana
wizards of waverly, etc.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Thank you for mentioning this. I see this all the time. Disney kids and Nickelodeon kids who portray sexual instances all at the age of 10.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This article makes a good argument showing how media CAN be used to manipulate people, my question is, in what way HAS it been used to create a lasting negative impact on individuals.

Sure there's the advertisements but being tricked into buying something does not have a debilitating or even a noticeable effect on someone. At worst, you might get a big bump on your forehead from banging it against the wall upon realizing your stupidity.

Well ya know they created this whole consumerism mess and its just horrible. Good news, you live in America, dot buy a TV, a computer, toys for your kids, video games, its your right!!! If you want to live that kind of life, America offers Amish sects which will fit you just perfectly.

And yes there are the political adds which try to convince you to go one way or the other but is that really going to have a life changing effect on someone?

But what about those movies you ask. What themes can we point out and go AHA! You really are trying to manipulate me! Well, there are the ones where good prevails and criminals go to jail, there are the ones which emphasize the importance of love and family, the kid ones where nature overcomes man's attempt to log forests and such. All of which are on the "elites" agenda to brain wash you into having a family, loving your neighbor, and respecting the environment because after all a stable and functioning society is good for them. Well heads up its also good for you.

And of course, the argument that its making people stupid. Well last time I checked people that's your own damn responsibility. You have the power to turn off the TV, no, you have the freedom to do so. If all the distractions caused by media outlets are indeed having negative impacts on individuals, it only exposes their lack of character and weakness.

There is nothing the government or anyone can do to bend your will without physically sticking a gun to your head and saying watch this or do this.

You have the same freedom to turn off the TV that the companies have to make and manufacture them. That is what makes America great. Culture will always exist, as will your ability to ignore it.

Law does not dictate whether technology and the resulting media is "good" or "bad" per se. Law protects the individuals right to create a TV show, a news source, a radio, an i pod ect ect and say to the consumer hey, I have created this. If you like it then watch it, if you want one buy one, but ultimately its your decision to decide what is good for you and your well being. No matter how many subliminal messages you see, you still have the ability to go hmm do I really need this or do I not. Self discipline people.

The current state of affairs presents modern day humans with the unique opportunity to adapt and evolve to worsening spiritual conditions. Only when you take full responsibility for your own self awakening do you start on the path to enlightenment.

And as far as Thomas Jefferson goes, he also said something like this;

"The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is dead on correct. The only thing I would take issue with is the use of the word democracy so much. The U.S. has never been a democracy, it is a republic. I think the distinction is fairly important for one because the spin doctors like to equate democracy with capitalism. They are not the same.

Funny that one person should mention the soap dawn. Being a former user I have found it is a good product. They turned me away though by one of their deceptive commercials. They showed a sink full of soapy foam covered water and proceeded to dump a cup of grease into it. They then claimed it cut grease so well that the grease virtually disappears. Of course most of the grease floated to the surface of the water where it was hidden by the soap bubbles. So even though it is good at cutting grease they promoted their product with a lie. This business as usual approach turned me off too the point I never purchased it again.

I rarely watch TV anymore but occasionally catch the news just to see what agenda is being pushed for the future. For instance the promotion of the swine flu vaccination was way out of proportion to any evidence of the need for such. It made me wonder what is the real reason they want as many people as possible getting it. I certainly did not get one as it was being promoted with lies.

I have not checked out any swine flu shot forums but I really do not even need to. I have found any lie being pushed by our government or corporate owned media always has hidden evil intentions behind it.

The public schools have become extremely effective at creating the “well adjusted” cooperate slaves. Children today without competent parents almost have no chance to understand what is the real agenda of the propaganda they have shoved down their throats known as a curriculum. Added to that is the shrinks attempts to use mind altering drugs on every child they can get their hands on. The future looks grim

Thank you for this post. I realize most people will never understand just how true this is. Keep trying though as the young who have had little exposure to what is really going on and why may happen upon this and become more enlightened. It is the only hope our country and the world has.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join