It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veiled threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
australia needs to take a stand now!
SAY NO TO BURQAS! it is absolutely UN-AUSTRALIAN to not be able to see someones face.

if they dont like it, they are always welcome to return to the rat-hole they came out from...tickets will be provided...good riddance!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by babloyi
Even the masks, there was a point when everyone was wearing one of those...asthama masks? breathing masks? Hygiene masks? Whatever they are called....

Those are disposable surgical, procedure, or sometimes called respirator face masks.
They're used because they can be disposed of along with any contaminates that they catch. If she wants to wear a disposable burqa, then pitch it and put on a new one between each patient, then maybe that will be compliant.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
australia needs to take a stand now!
SAY NO TO BURQAS! it is absolutely UN-AUSTRALIAN to not be able to see someones face.

if they dont like it, they are always welcome to return to the rat-hole they came out from...tickets will be provided...good riddance!

women DO come in at first place here in Australia for respect, love and being honored at all times. The women in Australia is NOT, and will NOT_BE treated as a piece of meat. I don't care who says they are. Women are number-1 in this country. My view IS - is that the women in Australia should NOT_BE treated as trash... as being forced-brainwashed into beliving that they should be wearing certain clothing.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Once again, I am somewhat uncertain about what you say...nowhere on the internet do I find any law against the covering of ones face in public. People where biker helmets on the road anyhow.

Neither do I find any law against the hijab OR the burqa. The only reference I found was of some woman who tried to get the right to wear her niqab while getting her driving license photo taken- it wasn't given to her. Instead a compromise was made where her photograph was taken in a private room with only female employees present.
This seems to suggest that in public, she was free to wear her headgear as she willed.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

bikers wear helmets for safety. astronauts wear them to breathe and as life support. race car drivers also wear helmets during races for safety again.

once a biker gets off his bike. he does not go to the mall to shop with his helmet on. or sit at his desk in the office with his helmet on.

when astronauts return to earth, they do not keep wearing it.

===============

you dont find any law against the hijab or burqa on the internet? well thats bec we have not made it law. if you researched a lil more, you will discover that many countries are in fact considering making it law.

[edit on 23/6/10 by FuGGer]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by babloyi

Look under individual state statutes:

Florida Statutes > Title XLVI > Chapter 876 > ยง 876.12 - Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way
876.12 Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way.
No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be or appear upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, highway, or other public way in this state.
Legislative History
s. 2, ch. 26542, 1951.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join