It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some of the toughest questions this ATSer can think to ask ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks Yeahright. I know there are solutions available to pacify the inquiry, but how one chooses to rationalize the solution is like … what do you think of this ink splot ….. from some possible perspectives …

So instead of paying $10 for the room they each paid $8.33 and 1/3 of one cent for the room (rounding off 8.3333333…)

And each of the three guys then tipped the bellhop:
$0.66666666666666666666666666666666667…….. (eternity) …… (infinity) ….

So without knowing how the math really ends (since we are now in the realm of an endless fractions)….

Are you sure you know the math is right, once we take something apart that has more parts than we can comprehend, how do we make the leap from the math adds back together, when we do not know the finality of the fractions we are dealing with?

To assume the math adds back together without fully analyzing the end of the fractions the other side of the decimal point, is …. Misdirection… isn’t it?

No proof is really supplied, the math is based upon speculation and assumption, not the facts of the numbers.

But, I could be wrong, my understanding of math is... questionable to say the least,
ET

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Are you sure you know the math is right, once we take something apart that has more parts than we can comprehend, how do we make the leap from the math adds back together, when we do not know the finality of the fractions we are dealing with?

If it still doesn't make sense, I'm afraid you're just going to have to trust me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

The real trick in mathematics is to check yourself, something that many people do not do. For instance, when you worked your example, you came out with a false statement: $29 = $30. That is an alert that your math is off somewhere, and that you should double check it.

The other area where people err in mathematics often is that they do not analyze every step properly. I cannot remember the specifics, but there is a problem where the equation 1 + 1 can be shown to be equal to 1. The trick here is that at one point during the operations, the dividend reduces to 0; that makes everything from there on an improper calculation.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n
"How can we make the planet free from dependance on fossil fuels"

ET has an excellent start to the plan:

DEPLETE IT
as fast as possible.
kind of like flushing a junkie's fix down the toilet.

bye-bye

THEN

rely on the things that we USED to RELY on....long before we forgot who we are:

vibrational energies
hydrogen fuel cells
electro-magnetic technology
mag-lev
sound waves

hemp
wind
water
geothermal

living with nature
waste not want not
share and share alike
live free die happy

come back for another turn

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

negative entropy is no entropy at all

negative aging is not aging at all
it is staying the same
or maybe getting younger but staying the same for sure

negative erosion is no erosion
negative rust is no rust
negative rot is no rot

negative entropy is no entropy

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You'll have to excuse me... Im having an existential crisis at the moment and every time I find the same boundaries, my brain does a backflip and I freak out....

All the best on your quest.

Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
.Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Trek questions

I like the star treks.
Most often any "time" ones are my favorite episodes!

.so, which star orbitting the supermassive black hole at the center of the milky way is our star for whom time is moving at a different speed for?

this one is tough I guess *blip* it was too fast or slow to know about.

.so, is the moon actually earth?

i guess elements make up everything so that everything is everything most often.

.so, are there more than one milky way galaxies in the universe?

i guess yes because no end to space has been found and the paths to an infinity number might make it so.

.or is the math wrong?

maybe real infinity math can not be wrong or right.
so well thats my txt on this matter

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

If it still doesn't make sense, I'm afraid you're just going to have to trust me.

well, at least i provided ya with a good laugh, fine, i trust you.

thoughts, things & stuff,
ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
ok, math may not always prove to be wrong, maybe ....

can we agree that computer programs are based on math, alone, allegedly?

so, if ATS is a series of mathamatical programming, and programs within programs, and programming overlaping programs, and all these programs are fundamentally substantiated by a foundation of mathmatical equasions, then ...

how is it the same programming does not equal the same effects?
how is it the same identical cause can result in different results?

Example:
i took an empty star from ATS, and then i intoduced it numerous times, the same way, but the same identical cause did not produce the same identical results, and i was wondering if any ATSers could tell me why?

[img]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/staroff.png[ /img]

Above is proof ...
The same identical cause obviously does not always render the same identical results ????

flawed programming of ATS, or Flawed ATSer using the tools wrong?

food for thought ... maybe ...

thoughts, things and stuff,
ET

Edited to add:
i decided to run with this idea on a thread with BTS as well:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Although I was inspired by Queenannie’s thread here when i/we thought of it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Um,… Annie,
Here are some phrases with identical ingredients:
negative entropy
Overeaten Typing
Overpaying Tenet
Voyager Penitent
Voyage Pertinent
Antipoverty Gene
Attorney Peeving
Patting Everyone
wordsmith.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
All that exists are atoms. Why we humans try to put more into everything than there is is beyond me.

These atoms are clumped together and we see them because light bounces off of them.

Space is nothing. There is nothing out there except clumps of atoms we call stars and planets and gas clouds.

There is no such thing as time other than a measurement of observation.

There is no time travel as the planets are moving through space and are in a different location than they use to be and will be in a different location a second from now.

You can not move the planets back to where they were and all the atoms inside the animals back to the location they were before.

You can not see where these atoms will be in the future.

There is no such thing as worm holes as space is nothing. you can not warp space as it is nothing. There are no other dimensions as atoms in an empty space is all that there is.

Atoms spin like little gyros and cause attraction we call gravity and magnetism. it is inertia and nothing else. Dark matter is simply atoms that we can not see.

Live your life and enjoy every minute. Why waste your energy trying to find the meanings of things that do not exist.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
what would you do for S&F, and why everything?

second... whatever.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bc010101
All that exists are atoms. Why we humans try to put more into everything than there is is beyond me.

i think some people are slightly addicted to the mysterious and their own imaginations. that is sometimes my interpretation of how people can "feel" sometimes.

These atoms are clumped together and we see them because light bounces off of them.

don't they also create light?

Space is nothing. There is nothing out there except clumps of atoms we call stars and planets and gas clouds.

and theoretical black holes, and theoretical wormholes, and theoretical dark matter, and theoretical multiverses, and theoretical .... thoughts things and stuffs...

"We're trying to send signals back in time"
- Freeman
Through the Wormhole / episode:Is Time Travel Possible

do you know what that means. he made a statement, not a theoretical what if we ..

the TV guide describes the show informatiion/details as:

The Feasibility of time travel is explored, along with Einstiein's theory of relativity and strange phenomena such as quantum nonlocality.

let me put that statement Mr Freeman said, just one more time:

"We're trying to send signals back in time"

then if we succeeded ... we are recieving signals from the future..

There is no such thing as time other than a measurement of observation.

so, no ego and no measurement of observation, and then no time.
do you know many ATSers that seem to be .... anti-ego?
know any religions that are anti-ego?
look up what "ego" is and what it does, and tell me you don't want your ego. just some thoughts, certainly nothing personal, i'm pro-ego myself, just as much as i am pro-superego and pro-id.

There is no time travel as the planets are moving through space and are in a different location than they use to be and will be in a different location a second from now.

not only that, but what we are seeing from our location is already ancient history, most of what we see in the sky is allegedly older than humanity is.

You can not move the planets back to where they were and all the atoms inside the animals back to the location they were before.

interesting hypothesis. makes one wonder.

You can not see where these atoms will be in the future.

interesting hypothesis. makes one wonder.

There is no such thing as worm holes as space is nothing. you can not warp space as it is nothing. There are no other dimensions as atoms in an empty space is all that there is.

if nothing was nothing, then why do we use SEVEN symbols and TWO syllables to describe it? Heck, i recently spent 50 words describing how i edited my post in order to explain how the edit was for a space, aka "nothing".

(edited to add a space i missed inbetween words, in other words: i edited this post for NOTHING, and took the time to add these words to justify why i edited this post for NOTHING. ironic, another FIFTY words for explaining NOTHING)

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

Source/Link:
Page three of this thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Atoms spin like little gyros

interesting first hand observation, i'm sure, however the use of the gyros is an intriguing choice of word. I would say this: nonlocality is not theory, when they say they cannot physically prove the locality of a component of an atom (electron), they mean: they cannot locate a specific path or location of any electron of any atom. As much as i comprehend the physics of what they are saying, anyways. but, my interpretation might be wrong, so i read ATSers posts and discuss the possibilities...

Live your life and enjoy every minute. Why waste your energy trying to find the meanings of things that do not exist.

because.

thanks,
ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
what would you do for S&F, and why everything?

me? nothing.

second... whatever.

do you mind if i use that as my signature for awhile? or is it copyrighted?

Thanks Jedi,
ET

edited to add:
S &

:shk:

[img]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/staroff.png[ /img]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

neither!

they ARE light.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

neither!

they ARE light.

really? hmm... makes me wonder if the little pieces are NOTHING but light looped upon light, then what has enough of whatever it takes to tie light to light?

secondly, where are all the stars?

food for thought,
ET

top topics

<< 1   >>

join