It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrender our guns before it's too late!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Y2Zgt

More than four pages, I am pleased to see that you have no flags.

Just who was it that gave you a star on the OP?

You apparently live in some sort of fantasy world, where even if guns had never been invented, people would not kill each other with rocks, clubs, knives and such.

You live in a fantasy world because I clearly have a flag.

I am for an all out gun prohibition! I HAVE stated my reasons in the OP if you don't agree with me that's cool. I asked if anyone agreed with me in my OP.
No fantasy here, there were no flags when I began my post.

And I think you have, like many before me, my answer as to whether I agree with you or NOT!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The op is clearly egotistical and continuing his/her argument for attention and frustration.

Please, enough is enough, accept the fact that majority census disagrees with you, quit the conceitedness and go enjoy life.

It doesn't matter what you think, I think, or the next poster thinks, in the end we should stay out of peoples personal business.

Many of us here can make our own mature decisions.

Guns become generally dangerous as soon as you try pressing your thumb down on peoples rights. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you'd like to avoid.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

one thing that would make it better, too, btw, is if everyone who feels the need to own a gun (just in case) started eating no red meat whatsoever and pork and/or chicken only 2 - 3 times a week.

cuts down on the blood lust.

You want me to go Rabbit 4-5 times a week????

Thats harsh, I like my meat

And BTW, I've never shot anyone....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

I see that your position is that you do not like guns. Simple solution is to not own one.

Why must everyone conform to your ideology? The 2nd Amendment was placed their for the individual, like every other one, in the Bill of Rights. Specifically, the 2nd exists to insure that rights are not removed by foreign nor domestic enemies.

Your very position, opens you up to being considered a domestic enemy of the People. You err if you believe that the lawful removal of self-protection will save lives. It will destroy them.

I read your other thread about how Obama (and I guess you mean any President) should have the ability to kill the internet at his disposal. That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever read. And believe me, I have read many books from vanity publishers and there is a reason why no real company would publish most of them, so I have read plenty of stupid things.

I would like to think that you have read the Bill of Rights, but have zero comprehension to what it means.

Freedom of the Press, isn't just for the Wall St. Journal or Washington Post. Freedom of the Press is for individuals too. To produce books, pamphlets, newsletters and even blogs. To give that power of suppression of expression to one man, with no recourse? It makes you sound like a danged fool.

Guns are not just for killing. They are property. There is collecting of antiques, historical firearms or you can engage in target practice or even a social club (but you might want to change your stance before trying that one).

But as property, I have the full legal right to defend their unlawful removal. As does everyone else.

But you do have freedom of speech and freedom of press and freedom of religion (which are philosophical beliefs) and freedom of assembly and freedom to petition.

It is because of those freedoms, and only because of those freedoms, that I would allow you to post your stupid beliefs and allow others to respond and not ask that you be removed from this site (like I have vote in that). But given all the replies that have been removed, I doubt you hold those freedoms for others in high regard yourself.

So in conclusion guns should not be banned.....I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Man you go that extra mile to annoy as many people as possible but i guess that's up to you.

Taking guns away will do nothing for crime in USA i live in UK we have no guns crime rate here just goes up in other words take the gun away they will just use another weapon knife crime is very high in UK see what i mean.

Thankyou

link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

No, I just don't see a gun ban ever working in America. Americans like their guns, (some more than others) and it's more than just a right to some people.

I grew up with firearms in the house, (A lot of firearms) and my father taught me to respect guns as a tool. Because in the end, that is what a gun really is, a tool.

I simply cannot agree with your stance on a gun ban, I just don't think that it would ever work. People would still get guns. Besides, look at the response you get in this thread, a nationwide gun ban would spark off a full blown riot.

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Just who was it that gave you a star on the OP?

You apparently live in some sort of fantasy world, where even if guns had never been invented, people would not kill each other with rocks, clubs, knives and such.

ETA: Now I did it! I was too pleased that you had NO flags and someone took pity and gave you one.

no, i didn't take pity.

i merely agree!!!!

so i gave both a STAR and FLAG!
and i'm not one to star/flag and tell...if you dig.

and i want to know why everyone says the OP is a troll?

this is a legitimate topic and to be honest, one that i've wanted to bring up for some time.
but i didn't have the balls!
and i have pretty big ones!
besides the fact that i know that no one takes the time to THINK about certain things, they just react with the 'I have a right to defend myself and my family' speech...and then have the nerve to call the originator of the thread a TROLL.

how many drive by shootings would happen if there were no guns?
how many Columbine school shootings would happen if there were no guns?
how many disgruntled-postal-worker type massacres would there be if there were no guns?

yeah, it is still possible to kill with a knife or a bomb or a car or poison or *whatever*...

but it is a whole different matter to hold a knife in your hand as that knife rips through someone else, draining them of life.

to shoot someone doesn't even require getting in each other's personal zone!

it is so easy just to get mad and lose one's head for just a moment to an onslaught of emotional impulse and BAM...someone's dead because of a hot-headed REACTION in the heat of the moment.

those kinds of things are far more likely to happen than someone breaking into your home and killing you and your entire family before you can even dial 9-1-1!

get a big dog!
light up the exterior!
invest in an alarm system!

i wonder how many suicides would not happen if there were no guns.
many people choose a gun because it is quick and painless, because otherwise they wouldn't have the nerve to take their own life.

i could go on and on....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Here is my main reason for having the opinion that we need to be able to defend ourselves. Criminals who use guns will always have them. I don't want to think what would have happened to this homeowner if he were not prepared to defend his home, and life.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As this thread has descended into childish petty bickering, its now temporarily closed pending further staff review.

Here is a link to the ATS Terms and Conditions

I suggest people read them.

[edit on 21/6/10 by neformore]

<< 3  4  5   >>

join