It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrender our guns before it's too late!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
STOP POSTING "pills,doctors,food,drugs,cars,planes,street kills people too" ,because you are simply trying to derail my thread. GUNS ARE CREATED TO KILL. All of the other things aren't.

Yes cities with anti-gun laws are still dangerous but in about 20 years will they be?

This isn't something that will stop it right away but for all the children born into towns with gun bans they won't grow up thinking about guns. So if we can stop the youth from guns the future adults won't be as likely to take them.

I am also in favor of stricter penalties than Chi and NYC have for illegal gun possession. like a MANDATORY 10 year prison sentence, that's not up for the judge to decide.

I guess they could also give people rewards who surrender their guns willingly and legally.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I think it is time you cowards do the opposite, ' Take your guns wwith you when you go out, let people see them, my golly, your kids are indoctrinated to be scared of guns and that it is only criminals that have guns. That is wrong, Step up before it is too late....

What is next ? Citchen Knifes ? How many is killed by knifes during a year ? Ofcourse it is the Knifes that did it, not the man holding it....

Cars, a must ban, thousands of people are killed by Cars every year and it is the cars that do it, not the Driver or the un-focused pedestrians....

Etc.... Grow some BackBone......

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I think it is time you cowards do the opposite, ' Take your guns wwith you when you go out, let people see them, my golly, your kids are indoctrinated to be scared of guns and that it is only criminals that have guns. That is wrong, Step up before it is too late....

What is next ? Citchen Knifes ? How many is killed by knifes during a year ? Ofcourse it is the Knifes that did it, not the man holding it....

Cars, a must ban, thousands of people are killed by Cars every year and it is the cars that do it, not the Driver or the un-focused pedestrians....

HAVE YOU NOT BEEN READING ANY OF MY POST. KITCHEN KNIFES ARE'T MADE to KILL PEOPLE. CARS AREN'T MADE TO KILL PEOPLE. DEATH IS A RISK YOU TAKE WHEN YOU DRIVE BUT THAT ISN'T WHY WE HAVE CARS.

GUNS ARE!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt

Originally posted by ChemBreather

HAVE YOU NOT BEEN READING ANY OF MY POST. KITCHEN KNIFES ARE'T MADE to KILL PEOPLE. CARS AREN'T MADE TO KILL PEOPLE. DEATH IS A RISK YOU TAKE WHEN YOU DRIVE BUT THAT ISN'T WHY WE HAVE CARS.

GUNS ARE!!

OMG. YOUR CAPS IS on..

So what ?? you can use anything to Kill my man...
Guns are needed to DEFEND your self/Family and Land agains tyrants and criminals, not fair that only the criminals are allowed to have guns, is it now !!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

I'm with you !!!!!!

It worked for the people of Germany.....Then when unarmed, how many did they kill????

Answer that one mate.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

No one is trying to derail the thread.People are expressing their view on it! Or did you make this thread expecting everyone to agree?

Chicago already had guns outlawed for 20 years so that point does not fly as crime has only risen in that time.And would you please stop playing "THE CHILDREN!!" card,it is a weak argument that weakens even more on repetition.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Remove Guns, Insert Bleach.

Hey this is fun!

umm bleach isn't made solely to harm or kill someone or something.

Neither are guns. Why just the other nite, i was falling asleep in bed and I was too lazy to get up to turn off the TV. luckily, A smith an wesson makes a great remote if you aim properly.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Yeah I'll give up my guns right after you convince every government in the world to give up theirs. Not a moment before.

By the way a gun is still just a tool and does nothing you don't tell it to. It's main function really is as a deterrent as most times when a gun is used in a situation it is NOT ever fired.

Also last and not least gun control has NEVER worked anywhere it has been introduced period. It has always been followed by an increase in crime but that is secondary to the most dangerous thing that has always followed gun control, OPPRESSION, DEATH, AND DICTATORSHIPS!

NOW GO GRAB A HISTORY BOOK AND TRY TO FIND ANY DIFFERENT OUTCOME FROM TAKING WEAPONS FROM THE MASSES/

You are a troll and need to put down the fascist kool-aid.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yeah, let's let the op volunteer first and see how well that works for him/her. While we are being totally rational here, lets stick a sign in your front lawn declaring your pride of not being a gun owner. Only makes sense right

I'll respect your pacifism by not protect you if anything happens. I'm sure you can handle yourself for 5-15 minutes waiting for the police to arrive.

OP, your a perfect example why some people should not have access to guns, so people like you do not have access to the power to push draconian laws.

Ignorance, intolerance and such idealism and obsession with peoples personal affairs with arms is more dangerous to societies development than any weapon.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer

OP, your a perfect example why some people should not have access to guns, so people like you do not have access to the power to push draconian laws.

Ignorance, intolerance and such idealism and obsession with peoples personal affairs with arms is more dangerous to societies development than any weapon.

"Draconion laws" I am unfamiliar with the term. Will you elaborate for me??

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

As per wikipedia

Draconian as an adjective in English qualifies a rule as being of great severity, deriving from Draco, an Athenian law scribe under whom small offenses had heavy punishments. Draconian may also refer to

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer

"Draconion laws" I am unfamiliar with the term. Will you elaborate for me??

I have come across your posts before and before I comment, some friendly advice. Debate, don't try and ram your opinions on someone - especially when the subject matter can invoke very emotional responses.

I come from a country that has banned handguns, but has very high rates of gun crime. The UK banned handguns after a terrible school shooting, but the legislation has not decreased gun crime nor violence associated with it. Indeed, gun related crime has increased.

A couple of posters have already made the point and with guns it is quite simple. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Secondly, anyone wanting to get a gun can do with relative ease. Remember, the UK has very strict gun laws, but if you really want one, you can arm yourself with pretty much anything you like. Well, I am not sure about missile launchers, but hey who knows.

Edit: Typo

[edit on 21-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/586e9cf715b4.jpg[/atsimg]

TROLL ALERT!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hey Op, the reason why we need guns is because in the real world, if a gang member or criminal attacks us, we can't defend ourseleves with CAPSLOCKS.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

I come from a country that has banned handguns, but has very high rates of gun crime. The UK banned handguns after a terrible school shooting, but the legislation has not decreased gun crime nor violence associated with it. Indeed, gun related crime has increased.

A couple of posters have already made the point and with guns it is quite simple. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Secondly, anyone wanting to get a gun can do with relative ease. Remember, the UK has very strict gun laws, but if you really want one, you can arm yourself with pretty much anything you like. Well, I am not sure about missile launchers, but hey who knows.

Edit: Typo

[edit on 21-6-2010 by LarryLove]

Thanks for the thought out post. It is appreciated. What is the penalty for possessing a gun there?

If it's a fine or less than 10 years in prison I don't agree with it.

Also you said hand guns are banned, so when you say , "they can get any kind of gun" or whatever it doesn't have much validity.

I mean no guns for hunting anything.

Lets say minimum mandatory 10 year sentence for having any gun.

Plus an additional 3 years for each prior offense you have.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

When I say any kind of weapon, you can get anything from small caliber to full automatic guns. Believe me, gun bans are a bit like drugs. Prohibition drives the trade underground and compounds the situation because there is no record of what number of guns are in circulation.

I take the view of another poster here. It is society that needs to change.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Y2Zgt

When I say any kind of weapon, you can get anything from small caliber to full automatic guns. Believe me, gun bans are a bit like drugs. Prohibition drives the trade underground and compounds the situation because there is no record of what number of guns are in circulation.

You didn't respond to any question I asked you because you know I am right.

You avoid facts and make statements like the drug ban didn't work so this unrelated thing won't work.

You are a joke, you are a part of the downfall of society. You need to do some serious thinking?

Have you ever considered talking to a Psychologist about your beliefs and issues?

if not www.findapsychologist.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Y2Zgt

You didn't respond to any question I asked you because you know I am right.

You avoid facts and make statements like the drug ban didn't work so this unrelated thing won't work.

You are a joke, you are a part of the downfall of society. You need to do some serious thinking?

Have you ever considered talking to a Psychologist about your beliefs and issues?

if not www.findapsychologist.org...

Alright dude. I was being friendly and you have just shown your real colours. These kinds of statements make you look like an idiot. See you around...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Here are some reasons I oppose citizens having guns.

-I work for the government.

-I'm a shill.

-I want people to be defenseless against tyranny.

-I support tyranny.

-I sold my soul.

And just to add in your own style:

Everything you say has already been debunked, that way of thinking is for delusional mental patients, wake up!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join