It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrender our guns before it's too late!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Okay, I know that the United States of America constitutions' bill of rights clearly states that we have the right to bare arms. But the constitution is made to be amended. We don't live in the 1700s anymore and the constitution should evolve with the times.

Here are some reasons I oppose citizens having guns.

~In a single year, 3,012 children and teens were killed by gunfire in the United States, according to the latest national data released in 2002. That is one child every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. And every year, at least 4 to 5 times as many kids and teens suffer from non-fatal firearm injuries. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics)

~America and Gun Violence
American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)

~Faulty records enable terrorists, illegal aliens and criminals to purchase guns. Over a two and a half-year period, at least 9,976 convicted felons and other illegal buyers in 46 states obtained guns because of inadequate records. (Broken Records, Americans for Gun Safety Foundation)

~America is losing too many children to gun violence. Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics)

~In one year, more children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined. (Children's Defense Fund)

~The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)

~Terrorists have purchased firearms at gun shows, where unlicensed sellers are not currently required to conduct background checks or to ask for identification. According to the Middle East Intelligence Report, for example, a Hezbollah member was arrested in November 2000, after a nine-month investigation by the FBI's counter-terrorism unit. Ali Boumelhem was later convicted on seven counts of weapons charges and conspiracy to ship weapons and ammunition to Lebanon. Federal agents had observed Boumelhem, a resident of Detroit and Beirut, travel to Michigan gun shows and buy gun parts and ammunition for shipment overseas. Boumelhem was prohibited from legally purchasing guns as gun stores because he was a convicted felon. Additional cases involve a Pakistani national with an expired (1988) student visa; a Lebanese native and Hamas member with numerous felony convictions; and a supporter of the Irish Republican Army. (USA Today, Wednesday, November 28, 2001 Americans for Gun Safety)

Hunting and other arguments for guns are something I can't agree with. I don't agree with killing wild animals for sport even if they are in season. If you still want to hunt maybe use a bow and arrow.

We (USA) supply the worlds illegal black market with guns.

We simply do not need them in the hands of the public.

So many lives would be saved if we could do this.

Places like Chicago and NYC have already outlawed guns.

I know its in the CONSTITUTION but the constitution is meant to be amended.

I think if we can take guns off the streets we will have a better, safer, and more evolved America. It would a step in the right direction for the world as a whole.

Does anyone disagree with me?? Why? I am open to debate.

I just don't see anything positive coming from guns.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You know, the legal defined goal of the untited states (signed by JFK into law) is to not only get rid of all guns, but all arms, armies, nuclear weapons etc...everything...and hand it over to the U.N.

...Then we can all live in peace on our collective forced labor farms making food for our NWO masters while they rape and murder us for fun from time to time.

Ah...Utopia!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You sir are an *snip*

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I see what you are saying, but what if a kid gets a hold of one of your guns. Or some stupid gang teenager takes a life with one?

Guns cause more problems than they find solutions.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
You know, the legal defined goal of the untited states (signed by JFK into law) is to not only get rid of all guns, but all arms, armies, nuclear weapons etc...everything...and hand it over to the U.N.

...Then we can all live in peace on our collective forced labor farms making food for our NWO masters while they rape and murder us for fun from time to time.

Ah...PARANOIA!

FYP

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
reply to post by PayMeh

I see what you are saying, but what if a kid gets a hold of one of your guns. Or some stupid gang teenager takes a life with one?

What if someone gets a hold of your knife, bat, car, etc. and kills someone. People will find the solutions they want. If they want to take a life, they will take it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

reply to post by PayMeh

1. Take above statement
2. Remove GUNS, insert CARS
3. Ban cars.

I love mad libs!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Violence is a social issue, not a gun issue

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

reply to post by PayMeh

1. Take above statement
3. Ban cars.

I love mad libs!

Ooo ooo....

Remove GUNS, insert PILLS
Ban Pills!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

reply to post by PayMeh

1. Take above statement
3. Ban cars.

I love mad libs!

You are just trying to derail this thread.

Cars are made for transportation, but yes they do kill some people.

The only function of a gun is to kill or harm someone or something.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

reply to post by PayMeh

And so in the end the people have no guns but all authorities and the goverments do.What does that then solve?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
gun control = more violence

Criminals can always get guns no matter what the law is. If I had the cash, I could illegally buy a gun today with just a few phone calls, no problem. Make guns illegal, and only the criminals will have guns and you get more crime. Guns could kill kids if their laying around, but your todler could also fall in a poll for example can, thats why if you have kids you get a case for your guns and a fence for your pool, no reason to make guns(or pools for that matter) illegal.

link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502

I could agree with this to a certain extent. But what about young children thinking their parents guns are toys. That is a gun issue.

link   

Originally posted by draevin

reply to post by PayMeh

1. Take above statement
3. Ban cars.

I love mad libs!

Ooo ooo....

Remove GUNS, insert PILLS
Ban Pills!

Remove Guns, Insert Bleach.

Hey this is fun!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

reply to post by PayMeh

1. Take above statement
3. Ban cars.

I love mad libs!

You are just trying to derail this thread.

Cars are made for transportation, but yes they do kill some people.

The only function of a gun is to kill or harm someone or something.

Or protect Yourself/fellow man/children.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I could agree with this to a certain extent. But what about young children thinking their parents guns are toys. That is a gun issue.

That is a parenting issue. Keep them away from your kids, don't leave them where they can get them, teach them what purpose they serve.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by draevin]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Where are the days of Samurai Honor, Wild West Bravado, etc.

All the Anti-Gun maniacs out there, you forget on law / right and the law is this;

"It is my primal right to defend my land, my family and my friends against anyone who wish them harm, by any means necessary!"

Criminals have a ball in countries that have these gun laws as it leaves us defensless. Criminals are more afraid of people who own guns than of police.

So stop with the statistics of how many children died of gun related accidents and look at statics of rape, murder, robbery, breakins, etc.

I am pro gun as well as pro gun responsibility.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
gun control = more violence

Criminals can always get guns no matter what the law is. If I had the cash, I could illegally buy a gun today with just a few phone calls, no problem. Make guns illegal, and only the criminals will have guns and you get more crime. Guns could kill kids if their laying around, but your todler could also fall in a poll for example can, thats why if you have kids you get a case for your guns and a fence for your pool, no reason to make guns(or pools for that matter) illegal.

Pools aren't made for the purpose of harm or death, guns are.

Criminals will always do what they want so yes stabbing will go up if guns are away and what not.

gun control= less violence

simply because the accidental firing of guns will cease. Children won't be exposed to guns. Young inner city kids won't see guns as a means of survival.

I think legal guns for citizens will be out of this country in under 10 years.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

reply to post by PayMeh

What if someone gets a hold of your knife, bat, car, etc. and kills someone. People will find the solutions they want. If they want to take a life, they will take it.

Bat's aren't created with the intent to harm or kill people. as knifes and cars the same. A gun is only good for harming or killing someone or something.

They are barbaric and should not be in the hands of citizens.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Death of a child by gunshot is not even an issue here. Look up the facts dude. National Child Mortality Rates and Causes

This chart paired with your logic we should outlaw vehicles.

Guns don't kill people, other people kill people.
If they can't do so with guns, they will find other ways.

Guns are like condoms. I'd much rather have one and not use it, than to get in a situation that calls for one and not have one.

If it wasn't for the fact that most of us are well armed, I'm sure your rights and liberties would be far more encroached than they are today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join