It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deer protecting its young!Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
Deer probably thought the dog was a coyote or some other kind of predator. Deer really are aware that they have hooves and that they are good for stomping. I think the dog might have died...

Sad that the only thing protecting the dog was some screamin' idiot woman.

I re-watched it w/out audio and it didn't appear so bad this time. Now I think the dog lived...

If it got proper treatment it would of. When you watch it closely the dog rolls around and manages to reduce the damage of most of the blows.

It probably hurt like hell, but I don't think it would of died from this unless it had a broken rib the punctured the heart or lung.

I would watch it closer, but it's kind of hard for me to watch an animal get beaten like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wonder why the kitty was so fascinated with the fawn, it kept following it and wouldn't leave it alone. Was it the newborn smell? It didn't seem to want to hurt it, and the mama deer wasn't concerned much about the cat at first. Pretty funny they way kitty bopped the deer in the nose, then ran for it's life

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is obvious that the cat told the mama deer that the dog was a threat and that he like to attack baby deer. After the attack the deer realized he was duped into stomping a poor innocent dog that was minding his own business, so mama deer went after the instigator.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cavrac

Could be, sounds like a trick my cat would try on my dog

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am heartbroken for that poor dog, and for everyone here who said it was the dog owners fault..I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE..

~meathead

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The deer's lucky that wasn't a stray cat. Many diseases that strays can carry.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
As much as I hate seeing deer hunted and shot if that was my dog it attacked I would have been over like a flash and punched Bambi head off its shoulders, the dog didnt do anything and was miles away from the baby deer. Altho the owner sounded like an idiot as well if she had tried to defend the dog the deer would have bolted back to its baby.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

If you had run over and punched bambi you would be typing from a hospital bed. They look cute and all but those hooves will tear you apart.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

typing from a hospital bed. Its just mother nature.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

i think i died..

or it got hurt real bad there is no way he got out with out getting hurt.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I dont know I am a 6 foot 4` Glasweigan I have a cracking hook

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Great videos. I wouldn't be too hard on the dog owner. It looks like an old placid pooch and was probably already walking off the lead before they even saw the deer. I don't think it was hurt too bad. Probably just bruises. It's the deer that was in the wrong place. What a great mum though and cute wee baby.
The cat was funny. I've noticed with my own cats that they're really interested in babies. Like to inspect and have a good sniff.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The deer's lucky that wasn't a stray cat. Many diseases that strays can carry.

And very few if any of them are transferable to other species (and those few that are you can get from alot of other things besides cats alot more easily)
... the only thing a stray cat poses a real threat to disease wise is another cat. A wild or stray cat wouldnt have gotten anywhere near the deer.

I caught ringworm from 3 of our cats 5 years back but it wasnt anything but an itchy inconvenience for a week or two, but they were strays we rescued as kittens, but that was my own fault playing with em while getting them accustomed to us before we took em to the vet for a full health check.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by BigfootNZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join