It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deer protecting its young!Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The video shows it all. Thought it was interesting.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

holy mackeral!!!!

I could not believe it when it pounded that dog!!! I was expecting it to do something to the cat then wondered where the heck it was running to!!!

My god, bet that dog hurt after that.

It's interesting it saw the cat as way less of a threat.

Shocking stuff, good on ya bambi!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I wonder what would happen that pussy cat was not so scared?

Same thing that happened to the dog.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Wow, I did not expect that at all. That dog got roughed up...

I didn't know a deer could pack such a beating. I'd rather see them do it to a hunter than a dog though, I feel bad for the dog.

Stupid cat should have got it worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

I agree, poor dog. The owners should have kept it away. I don't think the cat was any threat, it was just curious with the smell. Probably never seen anything like it before.

Mother Nature. Dont mess!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
At least we know to never go pet a baby deer! If I see a baby deer and its mother around, I am going to act like its a bear and GTFO.

I just watched it again, dog gets rolled hard. Owner should have had better control of their animal.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
wow that was some wicked stuff. Wonder what the dog was doin to deserve such a beatin

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

Looked at him funny

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It seems the mother sensed the smell of another animal on her young and than took out the biggest threat which was the dog. Animals just use basic instinct, and I guess at the time, the instinct was to own the dog!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Keep your dog on a leash or this might happen

Owners fault he let him loose..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
My guess is the dog died from this, hopefully the owners brought it to the vet in time.

Whitetail Deer or any Deer for that matter are strong animals, that's all toned muscle in their legs, add in the hooves and its a deadly combo.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

I completely agree. Owners fault 100%. They are wild animals for a reason, keep your dog in your house or behind a fence while there is wild life around.

Still shocking to see a deer whoop some a$$.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

It actually annoys me to see dogs continually put down, injured or mistreated, all because some OWNERS can't take care of them properly.

poor dog.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Here is my favorite mother protecting baby video.

Its a classic

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
wow that was some wicked stuff. Wonder what the dog was doin to deserve such a beatin

Looked like the dog wasn't even paying attention. If it had, I have no doubt it could have out ran the deer at least for a little bit. Border collies are very fast.

I would have shot the deer if it attacked my dog like that. Of course my dog isn't that confident and would be running at the sight of an animal that big.

Poor dog, I felt really bad for it

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

That video is a classic, strength in numbers. Often times the herding animals don't realize that they have the upper hand if they wanted.

Hunter or hunted, these buffalos chose to hunt, so rad.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Deer probably thought the dog was a coyote or some other kind of predator. Deer really are aware that they have hooves and that they are good for stomping. I think the dog might have died...

Sad that the only thing protecting the dog was some screamin' idiot woman.

I re-watched it w/out audio and it didn't appear so bad this time. Now I think the dog lived...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
Here is my favorite mother protecting baby video.

Its a classic

I have the feeling that this may someday apply to humans getting tired with tyrants
Or so I hope

b

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Deer are prey animals. Canines and Felines are predator animals. That deer saw a predator that would otherwise kill her baby, since domestic and wild are not distinguished by wild animals. So, the deer did what nature told her to do. Eliminate the greatest threat first. Then, she went after the next predator that was a lesser threat.

Notice, the cat initially protected itself by cowering at the first challenge. It was only when the cats natural Feline instincts took, namely swatting her claws at her aggressor, did she become a significant enough threat for the deer to react.

And, I agree with those of you that fault the humans for this. Letting your domestic dog run free around wild animals makes for a pathetic human. That dog has no idea how to address such an adversary, whereas in the wild, a coyote or wolf would make a much more evenly matched opponent.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have a Border Collie- larger than the one in the video. He has chased deer on multiple occassions. As a breed they are normally very gentle. I wondered what he'd do if they turned and challenged him. They did not once in the woods they were gone. It seemed in the video that the dog just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Coyotes kill deer all the time and they are of similar size. I hope the dog was OK.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join