It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's special Father's Day Gift...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Happy Father's Day ATS...

I recieved correspondance today directly from President Obama wishing me a happy father's day. That message was about Obama's history, his being a father of two daughters, and some of the things his administration has been doing in way of investigating the effects on fatherless children across the nation.

Here's the letter's text:

Good afternoon,

As the father of two young daughters, I know that being a father is one of the most important jobs any man can have.

My own father left my family when I was two years old. I was raised by a heroic mother and wonderful grandparents who provided the support, discipline and love that helped me get to where I am today, but I still felt the weight of that absence throughout my childhood. It's something that leaves a hole no government can fill. Studies show that children who grow up without their fathers around are more likely to drop out of high school, go to jail, or become teen fathers themselves.

And while no government program can fill the role that fathers play for our children, what we can do is try to support fathers who are willing to step up and fulfill their responsibilities as parents, partners and providers. That's why last year I started a nationwide dialogue on fatherhood to tackle the challenge of father absence head on.

In Chicago, the Department of Health and Human Services held a forum with community leaders, fatherhood experts and everyday dads to discuss the importance of responsible fatherhood support programs. In New Hampshire, Secretary of Education Duncan explored the linkages between father absence and educational attainment in children. In Atlanta, Attorney General Holder spoke with fathers in the criminal justice system about ways local reentry organizations, domestic violence groups and fatherhood programs can join together to support ex-offenders and incarcerated individuals who want to be closer to their families and children.

Now we're taking this to the next level. Tomorrow, I'll make an announcement about the next phase of our efforts to help fathers fulfill their responsibilities as parents -- The President's Fatherhood and Mentoring Initiative. You can learn more at www.fatherhood.gov.

This Father's Day -- I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a dad to two wonderful daughters. And I'm thankful for all the wonderful fathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers and friends who are doing their best to make a difference in the lives of a child.

Happy Father's Day.

Sincerely,
President Barack Obama

www.fatherhood.gov

I don't much care for Obama's policies, his back peddling, nor enjoy watching him break his oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.

I however am overjoyed to see, that for ONCE... an American President is active in the role of the core American institution... the Family Unit.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Lucky you... Did he send these to all US fathers? Anyways...

Barry is full of tihs...His father left him when he was 2? How can a clone have a father?

epic fail on barrys part

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Ah how nice even though he is a liar a thief and a traitor he had is staff write a nice fathers day letter and send it out... Isn't that sweet...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo
I don't much care for Obama's policies, his back peddling, nor enjoy watching him break his oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.

I however am overjoyed to see, that for ONCE... an American President is active in the role of the core American institution... the Family Unit.

I could choose other words, but your words work well. I agree, I am glad to see this come out of the white house.

I have been wary of Obama since he was a candidate. I will not ignore the (few) good things that he has done since taking office.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
ALLOW ME TO FILL IN THE BLANKS.

First, his APPROVED FOR PUBLIC REVIEW version:

Good afternoon,

As the father of two young daughters, I know that being a father is one of the most important jobs any man can have.

My own father left my family when I was two years old. I was raised by a heroic mother and wonderful grandparents who provided the support, discipline and love that helped me get to where I am today, but I still felt the weight of that absence throughout my childhood. It's something that leaves a hole no government can fill. Studies show that children who grow up without their fathers around are more likely to drop out of high school, go to jail, or become teen fathers themselves.

And while no government program can fill the role that fathers play for our children, what we can do is try to support fathers who are willing to step up and fulfill their responsibilities as parents, partners and providers. That's why last year I started a nationwide dialogue on fatherhood to tackle the challenge of father absence head on.

In Chicago, the Department of Health and Human Services held a forum with community leaders, fatherhood experts and everyday dads to discuss the importance of responsible fatherhood support programs. In New Hampshire, Secretary of Education Duncan explored the linkages between father absence and educational attainment in children. In Atlanta, Attorney General Holder spoke with fathers in the criminal justice system about ways local reentry organizations, domestic violence groups and fatherhood programs can join together to support ex-offenders and incarcerated individuals who want to be closer to their families and children.

Now we're taking this to the next level. Tomorrow, I'll make an announcement about the next phase of our efforts to help fathers fulfill their responsibilities as parents -- The President's Fatherhood and Mentoring Initiative. You can learn more at www.fatherhood.gov.

This Father's Day -- I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a dad to two wonderful daughters. And I'm thankful for all the wonderful fathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers and friends who are doing their best to make a difference in the lives of a child.

Happy Father's Day.

Sincerely,
President Barack Obama

Now, his TRUE FEELINGS version (inspired by me):

Good afternoon,

As the father of two young daughters, I know that being a father is one of the most important jobs any man can have, next to making sure the borders stay open.

My own father left my family when I was two years old because he wanted no part of my corrupt future. I was raised by a heroic mother and wonderful grandparents who provided the support, discipline and love that helped me get to where I am today, all the while doing nothing for the citizens of this once great nation, but I still felt the weight of that absence throughout my childhood. That is why I MUST send young men's fathers to serve in Afghanistan, possibly losing a limb or getting killed! It's something that leaves a hole in my heart, and a hole no government can fill, and trust me, we won't be filling any holes, digging any ditches or putting up any more fences because it's not good for big business. Studies show that children who will grow up without their fathers around are more likely to cross the border illegally, drop out of high school, go to jail, or become teen fathers themselves in a never ending cycle that will doom this once great country.

And while no government program can fill the role that fathers play for our children, what we can do is try to support fathers who are willing to step up and fulfill their responsibilities as parents, partners and providers by raising their taxes and insurance premiums, kicking them out of their homes, and making them wait on welfare lines so they can feed their children. That's why last year I started a nationwide dialogue on fatherhood to tackle the challenge of father absence head on, which really wouldn't be an issue if they took on the family values of the illegal immigrant, such as 9 people to a small home.

In Chicago, the Department of Health and Human Services held a forum with community leaders, fatherhood experts and everyday dads to discuss the importance of enlightening the youth to the ways of corrupt politicians and greedy corporations. In New Hampshire, Secretary of Education Duncan explored the linkages between father absence and educational attainment in children due to the fact the father had to sell the mother to pay bills and put food on their childrens' plates. In Atlanta, Attorney General Holder spoke with fathers in the criminal justice system about ways local reentry organizations, domestic violence groups and fatherhood programs can join together and sing Kumbaya until manna falls from the heavens and their families and children can once again have a meal.

Now we're taking this to the next level. Tomorrow, I'll make an announcement about the next phase of our efforts to help fathers fulfill their responsibilities as parents -- The President's Fatherhood and Mentoring Initiative. The Supreme Court will be ruling that all unemployed fathers must make their children eat ChiaPets, grown with Monsanto seeds yet is safe for the whole family. You can learn more at www.fatherhood.gov.

This Father's Day -- I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a dad to two wonderful daughters, but I'm not thankful for being president to a failing country who has a hard time believing anything I say, even though I can't really blame them. And I'm thankful for all the wonderful fathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers and friends who are doing their best to make a difference in the lives of a child, and in mine, as I sit here at this luxurious table eating a very expensive meal which you, the taxpayers, are on the line for.

Happy Father's Day.

Sincerely,
President Barack Obama

[edit on 6/21/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
just out of curiosity, I looked up the name meanings of their kids Sasha and Malia:

Sasha: Sasha and Zamani are two stages of time in some Eastern and Central African cultures. Sasha are spirits known by someone still alive, while Zamani are spirits not known by someone currently alive. Sasha concerns and is present time and the recent past and near future while zamani is the limitless past. en.wikipedia.org...

Malia: African/Swahili meaning: Queen. babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com...

interesting anyhoo.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'll be perfectly honest with folks here.

Now we're taking this to the next level. Tomorrow, I'll make an announcement about the next phase of our efforts to help fathers fulfill their responsibilities as parents -- The President's Fatherhood and Mentoring Initiative.

Supposedly today is the day Obama made this announcement, which I intend on doing the footwork on here shortly to see exactly what it is that this is supposedly all about...

Obama mentioned in the above letter that he sent representatives into prisons to talk to fathers...

Who here wants to bet that this has everything to do with the welfare system?....

more to follow...

[edit to add]

Ok... first off, I located addresses to "federal" "departments" listed on the fatherhood dot gov website where people can get involved with this "initiative". Check these out!

DC Dept of the Common Health Administration
825 N. Capitol,N.E. 3rd flr.
Washington, DC 20002
(202) 698-7347

National Organization of Concerned Black Men
1816 12th Street, NW
Suite 204
Washington D.C. 20009
(202) 783-0177

Healthy Families/Thriving Communities Collaborative Council
1436 U Street Northwest
Suite 203
Washington D.C. 20009
(202) 299-0900

Latin American Youth Center
1419 Columbia Road, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20009
(202) 319-2246

first of all... why does there have to be departments dedicated to specific "colored" people, and secondly, why does there have to be a department dedicated to a certain "nationality" of people?

finally, when did the "DC Dept of the Common Health Administration" come into existance?! wtf!!

ok... this is now starting to sound more and more like the "YES WE CAN" thing... with new Homland Security connections. I looked up my State's approved plan administrator and it said that it did not have one!

There are currently no Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance Promoting Responsible Fatherhood grantees serving [State].

these three departments: Department of Health and Human Services, and/or Administration for Children and Families (and/or) Office of Family Assistance - are all involved in issuing welfare relief programs!...

like I mentioned earlier... who here thinks this "initiative" has everything to do with the government trying to re collect welfare money issued to mothers for WIC. EIC, FoodStamps, and welfare checks from "Deadbeat" Dads?

Promoting Responsible Fatherhood

wow...

under the guise of feigning an interest in the well being of families, instead the GOV wants to instead make FATHERS responsible for welfare debts!

Child Support

Child Support Enforcement – Find a Local Office
The Office of Child Support Enforcement (CSE) sounds like an intimidating and unfriendly place for a father – regardless of your custody situation. However, working with OSE on establishing and updating a support order when your situation changes, help establish paternity, and connect you with local resources.

Why would such an office "sound like an intimidating and unfriendly place for a father"?

AWE.. go ahead, we know your a drug abusing street bum dad.... but, go ahead and contact us, we can help!... (SLAM!!) lol....

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

new topics

top topics

join