It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europa Might Contains Extraterrestrial Ocean Life!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Recent findings have suggested that its ocean could be loaded with oxygen, enough to support millions of tons worth of marine life, similar to the type that exists on Earth. Scientists have proposed missions to drill through its outer shell, perhaps using heat to melt through ice, in order to explore the ocean.

Dalton said that if landers dug "even a meter or so down might also be able to find viable organisms, if there are any there." If there is life in Europa's ocean then it still remains uncertain whether it would indeed get lofted up via geological processes to its surface. However, if no life is seen on the moon's surface then that does not mean there is no life in Europa's ocean. "My point is only why wait to look for life at the hardest place on Europa to get to?" Greenberg said. "Why not go to the easy place first?"

More and more reports of possible life on other planets, just another step closer to disclosure i think.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

Changed thread title

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here is another thread about possible life on titan as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

Thumbs down this is a very misleading thread!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What is this, GLP? BREAKING BREAKING!!! BREAKING!!!
Followed by an exaggerated and misleading thread title and the rather different (old) news.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It could just be me but isn't there a difference between "contains life" and "could possibly, theoretically, might contain life"?

typos really hurt my soul
[edit on 6/21/10 by Hefficide]

[edit on 6/21/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The only thing that broke was my enthousiasme.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

sorry about that changed the title..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Pavelivanov22.....

Europa Might Contains Extraterrestrial Ocean Life!!

Europa Might NOT Contains Extraterrestrial Ocean Life!!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Europa may contain oceanic life but we will have to wait until at least 2020 for the Europa Jupiter System Mission to find out .

Goal: Determine Whether the Jupiter System Harbors Habitable Worlds.
* Characterize sub-surface oceans
* Characterize the ice shells and any subsurface water
* Characterize the deep internal structure for Ganymede and the intrinsic magnetic field
* Compare the exospheres, plasma environments, and magnetospheric interactions.
* Determine global surface compositions and chemistry
* Understand the formation of surface features, including sites of recent or current activity, and identify and characterize candidate sites for future in situ exploration.

opfm.jpl.nasa.gov...
And the theory that Europa may contain oceanic life is not new to ATS members

Edit to add

[edit on 21-6-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

sorry about that changed the title..

I forgive you ........I think.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
An interesting prospect Europa. Ever since reading Arthur C Clarke's Odyssey books, I was impressed by the wieght of possibilities which that moon had to offer. Knowing as I did that a great sum of the descriptions of Europa in the books were HEAVILY reliant on Mr Clarkes actual knowlege and access to information, I was and am still to this day , convinced that if life is to be found in any significant format on any body in the solar system other than here on Earth, it would probably be there .
Of course, I dont believe for one moment that it will be as impressive, or indeed in any way similar to the lifeforms described in the Odyssey books, but none the less... I await the findings of the missions planned to visit there with much expectation.

top topics

join