It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF many relate current events to the bible. How does it all end?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So many people are always like "OMG ya'll! in, chapter 34, section 23.. the blood came down. ect ect ect" and then relate it to whatever..... My question is,,, if all these world events are so related to prophecies and biblical events in the correct order, how come I dont hear much about the end result.. i havent read the bible, But i'm sure it dosent end like one of those movies where you know there is going to be another sequel. If all these world events seem to follow the bible or predictions and prophecys in a sequence and order then what happens at the end?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

I recommend you read the book of Revelation, its not a very nice ending to the world.

In a nutshell a period of horrific torment befalls humanity for worshiping a guy called the Beast who is meant to rise from the ocean. Anyway God torments and kills most people, except for a chosen few.

Then at the end all are judged and the majority end up thrown into a Lake of Fire - FOREVER.

Revelation 21:8 says:

8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Source

So not only will most of humanity perish while being tortured by the God who supposedly loves us but then the vast majority will be sent to burn in hell for things as simple as LYING or being fearful or being raised to believe in the wrong God, or no God (sorry Buddhists, Yahweh doesn't give a snip how nice you were in life, you've punched yourselves a ticket to Hell
)

Luckily its just a story and as such it is open to a great deal of interpretation, you can ask around, Christians don't agree on how the End Times will play out. That's because no one, no matter what they say, knows the future or how the world will end. I do get kind of annoyed by all the panicked "The End Times are upon us" threads but then again us human beings have been awaiting the end pretty much since our society began.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Well the antichrist who I believe is already working will decieve many into following a false religion and ultimatly a false Jesus. He will resemble Christ so much that even the elect if it were possible will be decieved. When the antichrist attemps to take the seat of Jesus in the temple the real Jesus Christ will come down and show eceryone who is the real savoir. Jesus will then set up his kingdom on earth for 1000 years. Oh yea and durring the tribulation which will last seven years there will be a rapture but it will not be of the saints. When God destroyed with the flood who were left? Noah and his family who were pure blood. When God destroted Sodom who was saved? Lot and his daughters. When God reaps what he has sowed he will not take the saved but the sinners will be taken up.

Now please read this all for yourself, DO NOT TAKE ANYONES WORD FOR IT. I could be wrong, so please prove it to yourself.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Melissa101]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Let me ask this, how many times in the book of revelation does it CLEARLY SAY that the time IS NEAR, AT HAND, IN THIS GENERATION?

ANSWER: MANY TIMES over and over!!

The actual translation from its native tongue shows that the authors DID mean VERY SHORTLY this was to come. There were more appropriate words for which these verses could have used in its native language if it really meant to say anything BUT very soon is was to occur

Revelation already occurred, Nero Caesar was the Beast. The word "World" in the NT properly translated is "age", so it was the end of an age that it spoke of and NOT end of the world.
Why do the faithful folks not read about their faith??

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
IF many relate current events to the bible.
How does it all end?

well that all depends on your heart
and your beliefs and what side you
choose.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Don't forget. That's not the "final" end. There will be blissful existance on earth and the worthy will be allowed to visit the New Jerusalem. However, I don't understand how this will work, there will be some who will not be allowed to enter because they are not pure, or some such thing as that.
I thought all the baddies were going to be destroyed?

This bliss and adoration of the Messiah and God will last for 1000 years. Then that dang devil will be let loose AGAIN!! What?! But this will be just for a little while. Whew!

What happens after the critter is let loose again? Dunno. That chapter hasn't been written, yet.

A little while. What's that mean? Apparantly God's "little while" is like a really long time for us mere humans.

I have a new mission! I'm going to the island of Patmos, sit too long in the sun and have a vision and write about it. I will write the last chapter!!!!!! But, I will allow for a bit of a hook, so that the story can continue, should anyone desire a Godbo movie, Part 3, 4, 5, etc. Nothing like a good series, eh?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
So many people are always like "OMG ya'll! in, chapter 34, section 23.. the blood came down. ect ect ect" and then relate it to whatever..... My question is,,, if all these world events are so related to prophecies and biblical events in the correct order, how come I dont hear much about the end result.. i havent read the bible, But i'm sure it dosent end like one of those movies where you know there is going to be another sequel. If all these world events seem to follow the bible or predictions and prophecys in a sequence and order then what happens at the end?

Because most prophecies of the bible for the biblical events, are just "man made". I do not think that most-to-all "biblical events" are real. Just look at "what is" happening in the world today?

Even all the christian religions are man made, just so to fit in WITH the masses of a today's world type.

And, I am sure that the bible says something about "do not edit the bible"- in the back of the comic-bible book. And how_many_times HAS the bible been re:written, re:edited and re:made? a few times...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You can relate all you want to the Bible, but in truth it is only a selection of all of the writings from back in the day. A search for Biblical Canon can give you more insight as to what I mean by that. Not to mention some interesting reading to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls.

I'm thinking the root of the question here is if religion has been predicting all of this, what do we do and what should we expect. I can't give you that answer. I'm deeply religious and I literally do not have that ability to see the future. As a social scientist though I can tell you that I think there is a major sickness going throughout our civilization. Akin to Cancer in that it corrupts otherwise good "cells" and if left unchecked will end up killing the host.

How we get to that end I don't know, there are too many paths that could be taken, but unless we, and I mean we as a mental consciousness, get our act together and start removing this disease, our days at our current level of civilization are numbered.

By getting our act together, I'm not meaning that people should adhere to a religious path and stick to the morals they lay out. No, each person has a responsibility to seek their own religion, even if it is to not have one. What I mean is that we should start thinking "What can I do to help someone today?" instead of "When can I get tickets for ____?"

Maybe its too late and the cancer is spread too much. But miracles, if only perceived to be 1 in a billion chance events, do happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

Well Jesus in Matthew 24 tells exactly what will happen and even gives clues to when. The parable of the fig tree; when we see Isreal become a nation again=declared independance in 1948 this generation will nopt end until all these things come to pass. Biblical generation= 70 years, 1948+70=2018, some say Nov 1947 because this is when Isreal was voted in as a nation but went national in May, 1948 so it could be 2017, Regardless lets do with 2017 - 7 year tribulation = the start of the tribulation in 2010 ta da. Earthqakes in divers places, hum have we had any of those latley? War and rumors of war, hum. The things that will occur will be as such the world has never seen before or ever will again, oil spill, norway spiral, economy, volcanos, riots, well I guess maybe we have seen some of these things. Or oh well these things have happened all along from day one, yes but all in a 6 month period of the year Jesus told us about? I could go on and on explaining more biblical timelines that all come up with the same time frame. as well as one I found in the dead sea scrolls that also matches but to the nay sayers it is all a fairy tale, that someone 2000 years ago came up with to controll the people of the future. The wicked will never see...

edit for spelling please

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I don't believe the story for a second kyred, though I certainly look forward to your sequel, perhaps you could spruce the original up a bit then too so it makes sense... Oops, looks like tampering with the Bible is a sin

I honestly can't believe in this day and age people actually believe this stuff, or, like Shine said, don't look at the historical metaphor contained within it.

May I suggest a title: Revelation RELOADED

or perhaps REVELATION REDUX ...

Needless to say I think RE words definitely are the ticket there

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by kyred

I don't believe the story for a second kyred, though I certainly look forward to your sequel, perhaps you could spruce the original up a bit then too so it makes sense... Oops, looks like tampering with the Bible is a sin

I honestly can't believe in this day and age people actually believe this stuff, or, like Shine said, don't look at the historical metaphor contained within it.

May I suggest a title: Revelation RELOADED

or perhaps REVELATION REDUX ...

Needless to say I think RE words definitely are the ticket there

Revelation means to uncover or reveal. Jesus will come back and prove to all the non-believers who is our God. The Christians have nothing to fear we are safe, it is the non beleivers that should fear the wrath of God.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

The Christians have nothing to fear we are safe

Since when? Have you even read Revelation? The believers get their heads chopped off by the Beast.

Unless you think a Rapture will save you which means you're not going by Revelations version of the end but on Jesus's speech in Matthew, or perhaps some of what happens in portions of Daniel or that verse about God descending to get the Christians so you can be "caught up together with them in the clouds" - but those aren't in Revelation are they, they're not even written by the same authors and they're vague and often figurative.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

The wicked will not understand, so they call it un true, if one cannot reason what is being said they call it babel. Revelation is speaking more of spiritial happenings. Until you believe you will never understand and you will call the Bible, God and Jesus a lie. So there is no since in mulling this over and over.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Why do the faithful folks not read about their faith??

Because a lot of information suggests that this book could possibly be tampered with and rewritten, I hope to be working on the good side. why is a confusing question, why do people do a lot of things?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
okay i havent fully read the bible but the ending was awesome that's all i read. okay so according to the bible....

Seven trumpets will be heard all triggering a terrible disaster including locusts with human faces that wear crowns and eat people and have scorpion stingers. then meteors will fall from the sky and a third of all life on earth shall perish in huge quakes then some more perishing then after the last trumpet the four horsemen come in to take out the rest of the sinners, those who survive and are pure of heart sha'll live in paradise the greenest of pastures with the freshest of cattle, those who "sinned" will died horrible deaths and not be saved and go to hell some will die and go to heaven some will stay in the new paradise of earth after the armageddon some will be stuck in limbo others will be taken straight to heaven b4 any of the poop hits the fan. that's the ending happy i ruined the bible for everyone! lol

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

You're preaching to the retired choir

I spent most of my life believing what I was taught as a kid, including the Rapture and Revelations. Back then it was a source of EVER PRESENT fear for me.

When 911 happened I was in eighth grade, before the situation became clear to us my first thought was that the rapture had taken place and planes were falling out of the sky and I was one of those left behind to endure the horrors of the Revelation.

You can imagine how relieved I was when I got a little older and the stories still didn't make any sense. Then I realized that the crushing guilt and shame I had, for no good reason, had been the only thing making me believe such utter gobbledygook...

Revelation is describing spiritual things and only the believers can know? I was a believer, I could even speak in tongues (and although I'm an atheist I STILL CAN
) and had the so called "Holy Ghost" in me (or as I like to call it now, the Divine Fuzzy Feeling) ... But you know what the Bible never became any clearer.

Its a story and nothing more, you might want to travel down Shine's line of thought, the historical connotations sure are more obvious than the "spiritual" ones.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndreDC
those who "sinned" will died horrible deaths and not be saved and go to hell

what are the sins?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
titen thats what im sayin hahaha sick dude add my email [email protected] isn't portal sooo sick. do salvia that stuff makes you see other dimensions or at least experience alien perception. and hautmess honestly I don't know the sins but i live by this personnal rule, I won't bug you so you don't bug me. yah know respect others decision and they must respect yours if not then there's nothing you can do but move. Just stick with the love thy neightbour, i'm quite sure god isn't a child and created a bunch of people just so they can worship him like a a a a aaaa God. this character or force is what's holding all of us together when we destroy ourselves and everything around us we'll have destroyed God.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
the only way the world will work is if everyone can agree to consider themselves nothing and consider the person beside them everything this way if everyone else is carring for 1 other person then everyone is cared for.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
Revelation means to uncover or reveal. Jesus will come back and prove to all the non-believers who is our God. The Christians have nothing to fear we are safe, it is the non beleivers that should fear the wrath of God.

I haven't always believed in god, but i do now, maybe its selfish but i truly think have done a lot of good and have developed and am continually developing into a useful soul and shouldn't be punished.. i know i have the potential to impress creation. and i have sinned in the past dose some replies that are here have me worried about my past sins and that there is no way to undo what i've done..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join