It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharm Vitamins - Come Get Some!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Okay,

I know it's been discussed here at some point or another. I can't seem to find where though, but here it is.

Health care reform -----> Lifestyle behavior modification ------> FDA taking more control over vitamins and herbal supplements.

Well, have no fear!! Big pharmaceutical is already on the case!! You like vitamin B-3 aka niacin? Currently pay 6 dollars for a 2 month supply like me? Well not for long!! Check out the product I saw being advertised not 15 minutes ago.

Niaspan

Prescription for a time release vitamin supplement..

Just wait until they go after the source!!!! Oh wait, most tuna and other seafood is high in niacin!! They're already taking care of the source.

I know it's not earth shattering revelations here, but connect the dots and come to whatever conclusion you feel comfortable with.

To me, this is ominous foreshadowing of things to come.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
They are also doing the same thing with Fish Oil.

The prescription is named LOVAZA and is FDA approved to ward off heart disease.

Guess what also does this same thing?

You guessed it... Over the counter fish oil that can be bought at any drug store or wallyworld of your choice.

The only difference is that those products are not approved by the FDA to actually cure any illness.

If this trend continues I may have to go out and stock up on vitamins and minerals, too bad some of them can go bad.

Watch this video it shows that the prescription version is not only way overpriced at 160 dollars a month but it is also a concentrated dose that is way more than anyone needs.

Lovaza New Drug or Sneaky big Pharma?

Has anyone noticed the newest drug ad on TV? There is a new drug called Lovaza that is actually a Omega 3 supplement! Glaxo Smith Kline has taken a very effective supplement and has begun advertising that it has an FDA approved “drug” for lowering cholesterol.

If you read our prior posts about the FDA , you’ll know that FDA approved means nothing really! The doctor in the white coat also mentions that their supplement is pharmaceutical grade and molecularly distilled.

High quality Omega 3 supplements that you buy from your health care provider are also. I know for sure that drug store brands and large grocery store brands you do need to check for both of these criteria.

What I did appreciate is that there was not a long laundry list of side effects as there normally is with medications! ( i.e. do not take if you are male, female, overweight, underweight or you may experience dizziness, headache, runny nose, sneezing or death….)

Let’s be clear- Omega 3 supplementation is excellent for optimal function of many systems in the body- I am sure that I don’t want big pharma having their hands in my supplement and calling it a new drug!

And here is the only comment someone left

Sneaky Big Pharma. This is a play to get our supplements regulated. That ain’t going to happen. The people are on to CODEX and will resist to their end.

www.rozenhartchiro.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The video does not want to imbed properly and says it is a malformed ID but if you want to see it go to youtube and search "Perscription Fish Oil"

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Wow, I had heard about Lovaza, but you know how those drug commercials are. Half the time you don't even know what they are supposed to treat.

This one comes out big and bold about it though. Not some weird long form name under the brand name simply "time release niacin."

It seems more people should be concerned about this...

Why are we as a society blind to these monopolies that are helping to destroy this country? A free market is the only thing that keeps the crooks at bay.

Insurance and big pharm are in line to bankrupt us all now.

new topics

top topics

join