It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanual expected to quit White House?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Washington insiders say he will quit within six to eight months in frustration at their unwillingness to "bang heads together" to get policy pushed through.

Mr Emanuel, 50, enjoys a good working relationship with Mr Obama but they are understood to have reached an understanding that differences over style mean he will serve only half the full four-year term.

Friends say he is also worried about burnout and losing touch with his young family due to the pressure of one of most high profile jobs in US politics.

"I would bet he will go after the midterms," said a leading Democratic consultant in Washington. "Nobody thinks it's working but they can't get rid of him – that would look awful. He needs the right sort of job to go to but the consensus is he'll go."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

So, it looks like Rahm is quitting the Chief of Staff position at the White House. I wonder if the reasons cited in this article are the real reasons behind his possible career change. There seems to be an awful lot of resignations in high places, including government and corporate. However, I'm not surprised that the Chief of Staff wants to quit, as it's got to be one of the most stressful positions on the planet. Could there be something else to his possible resignation?

On another note, I wonder who will wind up in the position. Maybe this will spell more trouble for the Obama administration, trouble that could spell disaster for his agenda.

--airspoon

Mod edit, to cut size of large external quote
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Mon Jun 21 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Interesting story.

The article and info seems legit. Obama has had problems with his own party in dealing with legislation.

Anybody have any valid explanations why he struggled with his own party who seemed to talk highly of him during the election?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I can't wait till the POS scumbag corporatist is out of the white house.

Quite frankly, Obama would be doing himself a favor if he kicked him out himself.

This man is the real engine behind much of shady corporate dealings that have happening since Obama came into office...that is a FACT.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I wonder which Israeli double agent Obama will replace him with?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I would have to agree. I never liked the guy at all and many people described him as being a snoody a-hole but personalities aside, if it takes an a-hole to get things done, then so be it. Unfortunately, I believe he has that Chicago style corruption in his method and that's what I don't like about him. Isn't his brother a famous acter?

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I wonder which Israeli double agent Obama will replace him with?

Lieberman or Spector
there is no spoon

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Airspoon, All day long you are pumping out Interesting Threads to read.

S+F

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He's just getting prepared to go into hiding.

Vault doors are now open to the underground bunkers.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord
Yes, he has served his masters well.

For that, his continued life is his reward.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

He would be the first one in the bunkers too, most likely walking around naked in there, flexing in front of the mirror telling himself how bad he is and that he is the man.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It literally sent a chill up my back when I read up on the guy, glad to see him leaving. MOSSAD has no business in the White House and I hope they clean up after him really good when he leaves. I wonder why he's really quitting though cause I sure as hell don't buy 'differences in style' as the reasoning behind it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
He's getting out of the country before things get bad....
Real bad.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I would love to see that snake in the grass Emanuel out of the white house.

You want to see the administration change for the better? Get rid of that guy!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Maybe Valerie Jarret will replace him. No reason to change philosophy, is there?

Now he needs to get rid of Gibbs.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here we have two identically titled threads in two seperate Breaking News forums, the only difference being that one thread has misspelled Rahm's surname.

Whatever happened to the rules for ATS?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Seem to recall that he didn't really give up his seat in Congress and it is just being filled by a seat-holder. Or maybe that was just for the election campaign.

Anyway, he is from an all Democrats district and will be in Congress to back Obama's play. Nobody does Chicago style politics better than Rahm. Valerie Jarrett doesn't even compare.

Of course, he will be blamed for all the mistakes but he is not the kind of guy that will take the fall for someone else.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Lol, I just caught the spelling. This one is spelled wrong due to the article spelling it wrong. Blame the Brits.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't know who will replace him, but I agree with David. I hope this is true. I'm not sure why Obama hired him for this position in the first place, but I'll bet he (Obama) has learned a LOT during these 2 years. I with they'd go ahead and get someone else now.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Naturally, the WH is saying NOPE.

The White House Monday dismissed as "ludicrous" a report that Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel plans to leave his post after becoming frustrated with the Obama administration.

Citing Washington insiders, British newspaper The Daily Telegraph
said Emanuel was fed up with the "idealism" of President Barack Obama's closest advisers and was concerned about burning out and losing touch with his three children due to the pressure of the job.

In response to the report, a senior White House official told Fox News the "ludicrous" story was "not worth looking into."

www.foxnews.com...

Others are suggesting something more
No surprise if this is true

Rahm Traded Favors with Blago: Report

Perhaps Rahm will jump ship prior to some unfortunate disclosures in the Blago trial where he may just take a bullet for Obama like a good Mossad agent would do.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i hope mr. " never let a great crisis go to waste.." is really gone.

i hope the rest of the cronies follow suit.

i hope in 2010 the obama becomes a lame duck
i hope in 2012 hes gone......................long goneeeeeeeeeeeee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join