It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to start a cult or religion!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This video is a great video and it shows how to "run" a cult.

It is very serious at second look, think if what groups you belong to use anything mentioned in here.

Wake up to the truth and stop Obeying Ignorance & Defying Familiarity!

www.youtube.com...

... i couldn't find this video anywhere else here on ATS sorry if it has already been posted.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Y2Zgt]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Ill ask you the same thing I ask everyone.
Whatever a person chooses to follow, what concern is it of yours to advise them to wake up?

No offense, seriously. It’s just like I have said before, people are going through hard times and have been for thousands of years. For them to look for peace and comfort in something is their prerogative and not for us to change. Even if it means that such people may drink poisoned Kool-Aid.

It really makes no difference one way or another and ultimately we are ALL driven by a belief system whether it be science religion or any number of transcendental qualities.

We live our life by personal perception, so lighten up.

Star and flag

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Y2Zgt

It really makes no difference one way or another and ultimately we are ALL driven by a belief system whether it be science religion or any number of transcendental qualities.

Star and flag

No you are very wrong.

In a simple answer, science is not a belief system.

Haha you are just poorly attempting to defend yourself, wake up!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

How to start a cult or religion!!!

I have edited my

Post.

I am not sure "how to" start a cult or religion, but I am guessing it would be kind of hard too, I am sure.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by semperfortis]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by gordonwest]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
LOL. Those techniques kind of makes the USA seem like a cult, and all her citizens are its followers. "Follow a regular 40+ hour work schedule (working for da man). Tithe your leader (taxes). Give your life to defend the cult (military). Spout the party talk (america is the greatest). Live this way (zoning laws). Eat our food (genetically modified factory processed foods). Go to our schools (the indoctrination). Pray in our churches (devotion). Say our pledge (allegiance). Sing our national cult song (god bless america). ...."

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Im attempting to deffend myself, from who or what?
You? the supposed situation you have presented which by the way is a moot point?

The truth of the matter is I have given you absolutely zero information about what I may or may not believe.
But it is important to note that whatever you believe it is still based upon choice, Or perception.

Perception being by definition: The representation of what is perceived; basic component in the formation of a concept. I.e. Data is presented to you in one form or another and from that you determine the next step as an individual, everyone is different and that’s what’s cool about it.

People of sound mind have seen plenty of times things with their own eyes that are quite empirical in aspect yet they still may fail to accept it.

Look at the 9/11 conspiracy. Science on both sides, both sides espousing logic each side selling the other on the idea of “waking up”. Both sides FACTUALLY accused and proven to have implemented pseudo science at one point or another, both denying it.

For a clearer view let me explain it this way.
Lets say JFK were not assassinated by rouge elements of the U.S. Government. That would mean all those who BELIEVE in said conspiracy would be wrong though the deny it.

But, What if he were assassinated by such, That means that all those of the official story are wrong.

Its cool man think what ever you want I’m not gonna force any idea down your throat, its your call not mine.
Just stop with the petty I’m right your wrong posts. Seems a little hypocritical of you.

All I have done thus far was say that I think it is an unimportant concept, hell I even starred and flagged you so others would come. So don’t act like I’m trying to collapse your post with pretentious ideology cause I’m not.
Take care.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt

reply to post by Y2Zgt

Star and flag

No you are very wrong.

Science and Religion can go hand in hand actually,
many scientists try to prove god's existence through there scientific works, and openly say that they view their science as religion.

And yes Science is a Belief system, because we believe in the properties of the universe around us. Are you saying you dont believe in electro magnetics, or gravity?

some food for thought.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt

reply to post by Y2Zgt

Star and flag

No you are very wrong.

I dont see how someone can Defend themselves in their first post on a thread.

he has neither challenged you or has been challenged by you you make no sense, Wake up!

edit to add : didnt mean to make 2 separate posts but, oh whell.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Very nice OP.

I am sure many here who are controlled in similar fashion by their specific "cult" (ie: religion, church etc) are all thinking to themselves, "Nah, this doesn't apply to us, it only applies to other faiths, cults, etc." Trying to come up wih any excuse to justify their particular "cult" being the exception.

The churches and televangelists are LIVING IT UP using these EXACT methods! By this control and brainwashing comes the exchange of money for the false promises of salvation and a free ticket to some paradise in the clouds above.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
[edit on 21-6-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

You are 100% correct on that with out a doubt,…..but..uh,…I don’t know maybe you could be less haughty about it. One of the first sign of cult brainwashing is an arrogant over inflated sense of self worth.
OR a looking down upon others for their beliefs.

Being observant to facts is one thing , but being a straight up ****BLANK**** is another.

Try being friendly to your fellow idealists. After all one persons ideas are another persons practical considerations.

No doubt this post will be construde as me getting frustrated orrrrrrrr whatever, its all silly in the end.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
it would take years of acid bathing, sleep deprivation and dangling my nuts over an alligator tank to get me to believe anything some idiot blabbers about because his ego has taken the form of god-knows-what.

Ha Ha Ha! I watched a show on, oh, whatever, doc channel, history channel, whatever, today, and the show concerned three people who claim they are Jesus. This one guy has a following of 6 million people in the Phillipines. He collects about 130,000 dollars a day from those schmucks. He lives in a New Garden of Eden and New Jerusalem, flies a helicopter between his home and the big church. Oh, and he brings a Bible to the podium to read from when he preaches. WTF??? Jesus needs to reference the Bible?

I think Ron L. Hubbard did an excellant job of creating his own religous cult. And he was a science fiction writer and he realized he could save money by not having to pay taxes on his books and stories by becoming a church.
Way to go Ron!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Im currently living in the philippines and I know who your talking about that dude is a throwed off obviously, whats more you should take a look at his new paradise its crazy looking. He is at ends with this other guy trying to expose him for a fruad named soriano. I dont know what "exposing" you have to do though the situation is obviously nonsensical as hell. But its wierd to see.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Does it show how to create a cult of people who are really discerning? I want nothing less of my followers.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

people dont need to follow a cult to have in their minds peace and comfort

they can believe that when they die they will be in peace without having to follow the Church, as an example

that is just an excuse that religious freaks use to justify their will to be controlled

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
People are like sheeps, they need a leader.
So its easy for some persons who build a "cult" or religion.. whatever you wanna call it. They only need the right gift, and people will run after them.

Humans did that in the whole history.. and will do it always.

People are sheeps.

Nia

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The ultimate guide on how to start your own religion, based on the master himself:

www.clambake.org...

The book takes a critical perspective, challenging the official account of Hubbard's life and work promoted by the Church of Scientology.[4]

It stretches from Hubbard's birth to death, and covers his success as a science fiction writer, his military career, the rise of Dianetics and Scientology, his journeys at sea with his followers, and his period as a fugitive from the law in California.

There are 378 footnotes in the book. These include references to interviews conducted specially, to court or government documents and to Hubbard's own writings.

top topics

join