It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP: A Logistical Study.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The facility (HAARP Final IRI) officially began full operations in its final 3.6 MW transmitter power completed status in the summer of 2007, yielding an effective radiated power (ERP) of 5.1 Terawatts or 97.1 dBW at maximum output. However, the site typically operates at a fraction of that value due to the lower antenna gain exhibited at standard operational frequencies.

ERP of 5.1 Terrawatts, eh?

Thats nice.

-Edrick

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Scientists previously discovered that electrons in the outer radiation belt can extract energy from these chorus waves to reach near-light speed and become killer electrons. The new research, confirmed by the team's THEMIS (Time History of Events and Macroscale Interactions during Substorms) observations, is that the chorus waves can be refracted into the inner portion of the radiation belts by dense plasma near Earth and bounce around from hemisphere to hemisphere within the radiation belts.

Ok, so the Van Allen belt CAN refract low frequency waves...

Good to Know...

Thanks, NASA.
spacespin.org...

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The space tether experiment, a joint venture of the US and Italy, called for a scientific payload--a large, spherical satellite--to be deployed from the US space shuttle at the end of a conducting cable (tether) 20 km (12.5 miles) long. The idea was to let the shuttle drag the tether across the Earth's magnetic field, producing one part of a dynamo circuit. The return current, from the shuttle to the payload, would flow in the Earth's ionosphere, which also conducted electricity, even though not as well as the wire.

It took a considerable amount of detective work to figure out what had happened. Back on Earth the frayed end of the tether aboard the space shuttle was examined, and pieces of the cable were tested in a vacuum chamber. The nature of the break suggested it was not caused by excessive tension, but rather that an electric current had melted the tether.

The instruments aboard the tether satelite showed that this plasma diverted through the pinhole about 1 ampere, a current comparable to that of a 100-watt bulb (but at 3500 volts!), to the metal of the shuttle and from there to the ionospheric return circuit. That current was enough to melt the cable.

www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Wow... that's interesting.

Thanks again NASA!

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just thought of something...

If the inner Van Allen belt is resonant to a specific frequency of radiation (it circles the belt in the same way as the Schumann resonance circles the earth), and the particles in this ring are able to absorb and radiate at this frequency....

Then it might be possible to cause the Hydrogen plasma in the Inner Van Allen Belt to "LASE" in a circular path.

Wow... a Circular Laser resonance cavity...

Excellent.

I guess that the Excitation source could be.. HAARP for this purpose.

All you would need then, is to "Ground" the outer ring, and that would produce a Waveguide for this "Laser"

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

ERP of 5.1 Terrawatts, eh?

Thats nice.

-Edrick

Aaaaand we've learned yet what ERP means? No?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Aaaaand we've learned yet what ERP means? No?

Looks like ERP don't really matter, does it..?

Not when you can use the Van Allen radiation belt as a LASING CAVITY.

Wow... excited by the Sun at that.

Now THAT is powerful...

In fact, all you would have to do, is get all of the HAARP facilities around the globe to ADD radio waves TO this, and then you could ground it at any nearly any point on the globe.

Now THAT is special.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Ok, so the Van Allen belt CAN refract low frequency waves...

Good to Know...

Thanks, NASA.
spacespin.org...

-Edrick

Sure, it's why there's a gap between the inner and outer belt.

Next, Edrick will show us how a 2kHz wave (max) is really a microwave, because they're both EM, and it's a radio wave, and it's on this graph he's got, and to the right of it on the far side is microwaves, so they touch VLF, which touches LF which touches MF which touches HF which touches VHF which touches microwaves, so they're the same, and they're all EM. Proof!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Wow... that's interesting.

Thanks again NASA!

-Edrick

Interestingly non-sequitur. Bees smell fear, and the human head weighs about eight pounds.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

If the inner Van Allen belt is resonant to a specific frequency of radiation (it circles the belt in the same way as the Schumann resonance circles the earth), and the particles in this ring are able to absorb and radiate at this frequency....

You think an excited hydrogen atom emits ELF when it transitions to the ground state?

Please, edrick, lay off the crack.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sure, it's why there's a gap between the inner and outer belt.

Next, Edrick will show us how a 2kHz wave (max) is really a microwave, because they're both EM, and it's a radio wave, and it's on this graph he's got, and to the right of it on the far side is microwaves, so they touch VLF, which touches LF which touches MF which touches HF which touches VHF which touches microwaves, so they're the same, and they're all EM. Proof!

Next, you will show me why what you just said even matters at all.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Looks like ERP don't really matter, does it..?

It does when you're trying to use it as if you understand what it means. Which you don't.

Not when you can use the Van Allen radiation belt as a LASING CAVITY.

Wow... excited by the Sun at that.

Now THAT is powerful...

Too bad you're full of it. Geez, guy, get back on the Geodon or whatever you use for combating that flights of ideas and bizarre ideation thing.

Go back and get a clue what you need to lase. Which you don't have any of.

In fact, all you would have to do, is get all of the HAARP facilities around the globe to ADD radio waves TO this, and then you could ground it at any nearly any point on the globe.

No. In fact, what you would have to do, is have a population inversion in a cavity tuned to the transition you're going to get when the population you're inverting returns to ground state, preferably with some cavity gain from mirrors, unless you can rig a superluminal laser, which takes even more things you don't have.

Put down the scifi channel, take the meds, get some sleep.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Next, you will show me why what you just said even matters at all.

-Edrick

It indicates that you are deep into spitting out big words from the Radio Shack Big Book o' Technical Jargon, and not even trying at this point. At least earlier in the thread, you were applying yourself.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You think an excited hydrogen atom emits ELF when it transitions to the ground state?

Please explain where the Schumann frequency comes form...

Please Explain the Resonance Frequencies of the Earths Ionosphere cavity that are multiple octaves of the base 7.4 hz.

(Second line is Curt)

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Please explain where the Schumann frequency comes form...

(Second line is Curt)

-Edrick

I already did, back up the thread.

(second line is also curt)

edit: it's related to the physical dimensions of the earth-ionospheric waveguide, which is bounded by the earth on one side and the ionosphere on the other - it's a sphere in sphere system. And like all waveguides, the size and mode determines the resonant frequency. And that's where the Schumann frequency comes from. Or more like frequencies, since the ionosphere isn't really a sphere and the height above ground varies all the time depending on a lot of factors.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Well, you are just FULL of helpful information, aren't you?

I can use you.

It does when you're trying to use it as if you understand what it means. Which you don't.

Comprehension and relevance are two separate things, Try to keep up.

Go back and get a clue what you need to lase. Which you don't have any of.

Oh, I got PLENTY of clues!

No. In fact, what you would have to do, is have a population inversion in a cavity tuned to the transition you're going to get when the population you're inverting returns to ground state, preferably with some cavity gain from mirrors

Would you really need cavity gain mirrors if the Cavity is Refractive enough so that the photons travel in a circle?

The wavefront would just circle around, and build up on itself.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sweet. I found someone that had it already worked out so I didn't have to dig out my old notebook and make mathcad jpgs of the equations. We had to do this back in the dawn times, about 1992, as part of one of my comm theory classes.

Linky

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

THANKS!

I don't suppose you have anything like that on the Van Allen Belts, do you?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Comprehension and relevance are two separate things, Try to keep up.

You seem to be lacking both. Rubbing your hands together and going "oooo, 5 TW of ERP! NOW I understand!" then when it's pointed out you are clueless, it's all "that's not relevant".

Would you really need cavity gain mirrors if the Cavity is Refractive enough so that the photons travel in a circle?

The wavefront would just circle around, and build up on itself.

-Edrick

Except you're missing the fun part where you show me you have anything in an excited state, much less a population inversion, much less something that's going to emit at the frequency your cavity is tuned to, much less what sort of path loss that cavity has since it's really vaguely defined and formed by very low density particles. You know, the conditions you'd need for lasing. Which you are woefully lacking in all respects.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You seem to be lacking both. Rubbing your hands together and going "oooo, 5 TW of ERP! NOW I understand!" then when it's pointed out you are clueless, it's all "that's not relevant".

Oh, yeah... just rubbing my hands with satisfaction at that one... really!

"oooo, 5 TW of ERP! NOW I understand!"

Did I say that?

Really?

I want you to quote me... otherwise, don't use quotation marks.

You are very venomous to someone who is just trying to use your anger to learn... aren't you?

Do you have a VESTED INTEREST in making sure that I do not peruse this line of thinking?

Or are you just being a condescending troll?

I'm just asking, because I really want to know.

Except you're missing the fun part where you show me you have anything in an excited state, much less a population inversion, much less something that's going to emit at the frequency your cavity is tuned to, much less what sort of path loss that cavity has since it's really vaguely defined and formed by very low density particles. You know, the conditions you'd need for lasing. Which you are woefully lacking in all respects.

And I suppose that the Lasing Medium of a Free Electron Laser undergos Population inversion of specific Orbital Energy States?

Oh, wait... they are not IN orbit of any protons, are they...

So, a LASER does not necessarily NEED a Lasing Medium...

All it needs is WIGGLING ELECTRONS...

Don't it?

Man, you are helping me out TREMENDOUSLY!

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

THANKS!

I don't suppose you have anything like that on the Van Allen Belts, do you?

-Edrick

Not off hand. And there's a much easier solution for finding the waveguide solution for the earth-ionosphere waveguide resonance, although that one is quite thorough, you can make a lot of simplifying assumptions and still get the same answer, looking for it now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join