It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Rape Condom Unveiled for World Cup

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the common concensus here. I work in the medical field, and I have a lot of trouble believing that it won't let go, AND does no harm. If the joystick goes in at full throttle it's going to lose steam fast, and those things can get real small when threatened. It's a biological response. If it is supposed to hold on even when the tissue is flaccid then it has to grab something very tightly. The teeth on the little bugger in the picture don't look nearly long enough to do this, unless they penetrate something. I don't see it happening both ways: that it stays put, and does no lasting harm.

Another biological response is fight or flight. With your tool in a grinder I'm sure that button would definitely get pushed. It is a total misconception that people immediately flee, or take the flight side of the equation most of the time. Most people fight first to secure their flight.

Deployment is almost laughable. What woman is really going to wear one often enough to stack the odds in her favor? This device is similar in use to a kevlar vest. Sure it's nice to have just in case, but not even police officers wear them 24/7 because they are uncomfortable. I think soft body armor would be an order of magnitude more comfortable than this gadget.

Rape aXe:

Pros: Good intent, perhaps a mild psychological deterent simply knowing they exist.

Cons: Cannot be immediately deployed during an incident, must be worn 24/7 to be completely effective, expensive if used hygenically, uncomfortable, unproven reliability, increased possible violence risk to victim, potential for misuse/abuse.

Ruger LCP:

Pros: Can be immediately deployed during an incident, powerful psychological deterent, can be comfortably worn 24/7, inexpensive to maintain after initial purchase, no hygiene issues, proven reliability, drastically and instantly mitigates violence risk to victim.

Cons: Potential for misuse/abuse. Expensive initial purchase.

You do the math, and tell me which you would prefer close to your nether regions? Plastic in your behind, or steel in his?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Projecting your hoohoo-dilly with a bear trap is kinda like protecting against tresspassers with land mines.

Glad to see that someone finally came up with a way to clamp down on rape though (Pun Intended).

What if the rapist is also a masochist?

Am I the only guy here who cringed and puckered when I saw a pic of that thing? Im gonna have nightmares tonight.

How about something a little less violent, like a vehicle anti theft device such as the club...except for your vagina.

Next they will be coming out with the new Lorena Bobbit female condom/guillitine.

Rapists are animals though. I suppose a fish hooks in a condom is appropriate for the crime. But seriously....this thing is medieval

[edit on 21-6-2010 by conspiracyguru]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I heard stories from the old timers who fought in the Vietnam War about VC (Vietcong) prostitutes who used to hollow out cucumbers and put razor blades pointing up. When the GIs would stick their willy in, it would go in easily but when they pulled back out, it would do the intended damage. It was a tactic of the VC to demoralize the Americans, frighten them and take a few out of the war effort. This was almost always a suicide mission for the prostitutes as the GI would almost always blow her head off. However, the GIs smartened up to what was going on and before sleeping with a prostitute, they would just stick a pistol in there and if it hung instead of easily sliding out, they would just pull the trigger.

I never knew how truthful these stories were but after seeing this thread and the news article on CNN, it reminded me of those stories and I wonder if the idea for this condom came from the Vietcong. Of course I don't agree with this "device" at all and think it's extremely harmful to all men everywhere, regardless of whether your a rapist or not. Click on this link for a better explanation of why.

--airspoon

[edit on 21-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

I'm not so sure the invention itself would actually help for some of the reasons already mentioned in the thread. It might just make the attacker go for something else other than traditional intercourse or it may make them angrier and kill the victim that might have been raped and then left alone.

Personally, I think those convicted of rape should get life in prison or the death penalty. Rapes would go down quite a bit, and there would be as many abortions either since rape babies would decrease in number.

Yea, I know it's extreme, but rape is also a very heinous crime and I think we let these monsters get away with too much. I'd rather arm each of these women with a hand gun than give them this thing. The permanent damage of having your junk blown off might make you think twice about ever trying to rape somebody again, or trying to rape somebody in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
hmmm I recall seeing something very similar several years ago, also released in Africa

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
this is stupid and an attack on the women it is marketed to. any woman who breaks her hymen by placing this in their bodies deserves to be with what is portrayed to me as a rapist(my opinion).but it is also my opinion that women should never break their hymen and that doing so makes them unclean. [/quote

WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your one of a kind, and have no influence over any minors so you can't peddle this sort of crap to anyone who might believe you. You seriously need to think about what you've just written mate because if you think rape under ANY pretense is ok and is somehow a women's fault then you are one f....ked up individual and need some major help.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Ausar

I want every guy on this board who mouths off about women to realize that THIS GUY is actually fairly representative of a large section of the human populace.

I would gladly fight to the death before I let a guy like this make any fracking laws in my country.

and I'll be right beside you

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I suppose she's just using the world cup as a way to highlight the issue in SA as well as using the attention of the world to sell it

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

brilliant avatar

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
disagree if you want. it is unnatural for a womans hymen to be pierced. to pierce a "virgins" hymen by placing the subject of this threads content inside of it for your presumptions of another persons culture is FOWL.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

disagree if you want. it is unnatural for a womans hymen to be pierced. to pierce a "virgins" hymen by placing the subject of this threads content inside of it for your presumptions of another persons culture is FOWL.

if this sort of thing is what you believe, I pity you.
and no-one was presuming anything about your culture, but everyone was disagreeing with you totally. I wonder if this will make you question your own beliefs or just make you harden them. I challenge you to look outside your own box (which is what this is all about really) you might just see another way of being

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

what are your thoughts/views of its (anti-rape condom) use for non-virgins?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
psychological projection

If I was the judge. And you were the woman who put this on in the morning to "protect yourself" and then you ended up getting raped later that day...

Expect me to "blame the victim"; err accuser.

You manifest what you think about.

This is ridiculous. You're supposed to walk around all day with a large masochistic object in your cooter waiting for the off chance some man is going to stick his masochistic object in your cooter? Are you hunting? wtf? There should at least be a season when you're allowed to use this device. Late October just after turkey season, but before deer season... its rapist trapping season; get your permits, tags, and dick traps, limit 2 per accuser.

Play the victim and get victimized.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
i think it is a great invention.
but is a woman supposed to "wear" one everyday, or just on days she thinks she will get raped? seriously. so if it is everyday that is $60 a month, and she still gets raped, but she gets revenge....kinda

I believe the doctor stated that women who know they will be in a questionable enviornment, should wear one of these devicies. Like, walking at night alone, or in a bar, something to that effect.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

There's no moral high ground here, it's simply your beliefs and my beliefs. To claim the moral high ground would be to say that your beliefs are wrong, I didn't come at you for your beliefs, seems it was you that did that to me.

Actually the odds are very much against me doing the same as those men, I'm a woman

Oh I see, if someone doesn't hold the same views as you then they are not as human as you. Please tell me again who's taking the moral high ground ?

If you were truly looking through human eyes then you would share my view because you would see these men are ignorant and scared of dying and so commit an act that while utterly abhorrent to our culture is acceptable to some men of his culture.

(bolding mine)

You just invalidated your whole arguement right there, either it's part of their culture or it's not. You can't claim that these men do this because of their culture and then claim that it's acceptable to only "some men" in their culture. Rape is acceptable to "some men" in just about every culture, that does not make it a cultural norm.

No they don't do it because of their culture, their culture doe not widely accept the rape of children and infants. They do it because of their ignorant, outdated beliefs, and their selfishness. While they may be under the misconception that this will cure them of AIDS, they still know that raping someone is wrong, especially an infant or child.

Yes the act is disgusting, yes the men are disgusting for doing it, but pity is the response used when looking through human eyes as you put it.

Again it would seem as though it is you taking the moral high ground here, since you seem to think that you can dictate to people what the "morally correct" response should be.

You say that you would hate a western man for raping a child because it's done for self gratification. The men who do this in SA are doing it for self gratification also, they (in their minds) are satisfying their desire to cure themselves of AIDS and stay alive.

I don't care how much you fear for your life, you don't get to save it at the expense of another human being.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
BLAH ..
this is so lame...although made with good intention, i agree
But what it seems like is an easy way out of a very difficult issue: If issues such as rape are to be brought under control society needs to be built from the ground up and there needs to be strict punishments implemented against these crimes... I guess that'd take long but it's the right way to do it..
Oh God : Why are some men so horny?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I wish after comments like that the ATS would let me swear and practice my witty Scottish insults. No matter how promiscuous a woman is she never deserves to be raped. By your logic does that mean a rape victim is “unclean” you say it in such a way that it sounds as if you undervalue women who have sexual relations out with marriage. That’s just a example of some very out dated views.

On another note, i can see this becoming widely used among women and quite rightly so however i do have one problem. What happens when i get go out, get drunk, meet a women who is equally intoxicated who propositions me for sexual intercourse and forgets to tell me she has this thing on and forgets to take it out? I’ll tell you, my wily winky is going to end up very sore and i am going to end up very confused, this would be like having sex with a cheese greater turned inside out. But I can’t wait to hear about the first rapist that gets his main vain caught one of these.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

many of you didnt read my words.

if she is to pierce her hymen to stop a rape.she deserves to be with what you can characterize to me as being a rapist.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Ausar]

Go get me my bat I have some rapest beating to do!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

so Ausar are you a rapist, you think it's alright to rape women, if some one raped your virgind daughter or sister would you kill your daughter ,sister or condone their murder?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie

Think about it, a girl is finds out her man is cheating on her, so uses this to get back at him. I know most people wouldn't do that, but there's bound to be a few crazies out there.

I doubt it. My guess is that there will be less abuses of this item than there are rapes currently. After all, the women would still be vulnerable to retaliation, in court or physically if she misused it.

I dont know how workable it will be, but it was a clever idea. It would do little good in a gang rape, though, and would likely lead to increased violence against the user in those situations.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join