It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Rape Condom Unveiled for World Cup

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
but it is also my opinion that women should never break their hymen and that doing so makes them unclean.

Thank God for unclean women then!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
many of you didnt read my words.

while it may not be unclean for a clean woman who works out and stretches her hymen.in my eyes a woman is unclean after her hymen is pierced.

a woman; is already dirty, if in my mind she is unclean after her hymen is pierced, if she is to pierce her hymen to stop a rape.she deserves to be with what you can characterize to me as being a rapist.

gods (take your pick) help the women who are in relationships with those who think like this...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undesirableusername

Us vs them mindset doesn't help women's rights at all but that's just my opinion.

You're right it doesn't help at all. We don't need more division, we need more unity.

I had one of them asking me once wouldn't I like to have an actual job, something more rewarding. My answer was that I already had a job and it was rewarding, I personally found taking care of my family to be very rewarding. Their problem is that they want to impose their views on every woman out there and expect us all to embrace those views as they do.

I don't understand how they felt their opposition to this would help women.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

Us vs them mindset doesn't help women's rights at all but that's just my opinion.

You're right it doesn't help at all. We don't need more division, we need more unity.

I had one of them asking me once wouldn't I like to have an actual job, something more rewarding. My answer was that I already had a job and it was rewarding, I personally found taking care of my family to be very rewarding. Their problem is that they want to impose their views on every woman out there and expect us all to embrace those views as they do.

I don't understand how they felt their opposition to this would help women.

Yeah. They want to negate thousands of years of culture. Yes, the culture was/is oppressive but that's how it is and screaming about it won't change the fact I'm expected to wear heels from time to time. I can ask myself: do I rebel and embarrass myself in front of others by being childish or do I go along with it while recognizing what's happening. The problem starts when women DON'T recognize what's happening.

Rights start in the mind, not by refusing to be skirted because some omniscient feminist tells me so, lol.

Not sure if it makes sense, I hope it does

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That person Auser is obviously a troll.

Dont feed into it, trolls only belong in one place and thats under bridges.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't get it, how exactly is this related to the world cup?

I suspect that everything that is supposed to generate attention is related to the world cup..
Should this be used by female soccer fans or what?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kybertech
I don't get it, how exactly is this related to the world cup?

I suspect that everything that is supposed to generate attention is related to the world cup..
Should this be used by female soccer fans or what?

You're right, it wasn't a good idea to post it there. Next time I'll make sure there's a direct link

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

I'm sure i saw this condom a while back so i don't know why it's being unveiled for the world cup.

Even so i think it's a great idea (speaking as a man btw). Some piece of scum gets his manhood caged and has to either cut it off or go to hospital and admit to rape hahahaha. Sorry but anything that hurts rapists i find exceedingly funny.

Of course there are drawbacks. If a woman wants revenge on her boyfriend for whatever reason....................i mean he might not have done anything really wrong she might just want to break up and make it nasty. Then there is the anger factor. If a rapist gets caught by one of these then he's not going to be pleased with the woman and might just kill her.

So there are positive and negative aspects to the product, still my mind can't help do a little jump of joy when i imagine some horrible little man in terrible pain after trying to rape someone.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Where the World Cup is taking place in South Africa it oddly relates to this anti-rape device. In africa, and especially South Africa it is widely believe sex with a virgin cures aids. So the rape of children it a gross epidemic in the area, and this device would perhaps make the men think twice before raping a child.

Virgin Rape in Africa

As for marketing the product elsewhere I don't see how it would work out. There are possibilities of misuse and I don't see how a woman can say "oh I might get raped today on my way home from work, better wear protection".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangefires
Where the World Cup is taking place in South Africa it oddly relates to this anti-rape device. In africa, and especially South Africa it is widely believe sex with a virgin cures aids. So the rape of children it a gross epidemic in the area, and this device would perhaps make the men think twice before raping a child.

Virgin Rape in Africa

As for marketing the product elsewhere I don't see how it would work out. There are possibilities of misuse and I don't see how a woman can say "oh I might get raped today on my way home from work, better wear protection".

Cures aids? Wow, no wonder women are under siege!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How ironic! I just so happen to have an anti-murder shotgun that would work wonders along side of this device. Wait... it may be an anti-rape device as well...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It's not only the women that are under siege, it's even the poor little babies

These sickos rape little babies because they think it will cure their AIDS

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes that is truly disgusting and but before considering them sickos you should understand the culture. They think they're dying of aids and honestly believe that raping a baby will cure them. I am not excusing the act, i am however taking issue with how you react to it. Desperate people do stupid and often horrible things out of ignorance.

It's like being disgusted with cannibalism when visiting a remote tribe. To our culture it's truly horrific, but to theirs it's not only normal but vitally important because of religious beliefs. It doesn't make it right but we are looking at it from our side, when from their side it is not just acceptable, it is their duty to do it.

I share your disgust with such men, but i feel more pity than hatred.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Yes that is truly disgusting and but before considering them sickos you should understand the culture. They think they're dying of aids and honestly believe that raping a baby will cure them. I am not excusing the act, i am however taking issue with how you react to it. Desperate people do stupid and often horrible things out of ignorance.

It's like being disgusted with cannibalism when visiting a remote tribe. To our culture it's truly horrific, but to theirs it's not only normal but vitally important because of religious beliefs. It doesn't make it right but we are looking at it from our side, when from their side it is not just acceptable, it is their duty to do it.

I share your disgust with such men, but i feel more pity than hatred.

Exactly, and make no mistake, Western culture is awash with various cultural, erm, idiosyncracies.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You may not be excusing it, but in a way you are justifying it. You can take issue with my reaction all you want, but I despise anyone that would harm an innocent child, or infant for their own gain.

Pity for a man that would rape a 3 year old girl, or a 10 month baby
They my believe that it will cure them, but they also know that it is wrong.

I'll save my pity for the innocent children and babies that are the victims of this ignorance.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You may not be excusing it, but in a way you are justifying it. You can take issue with my reaction all you want, but I despise anyone that would harm an innocent child, or infant for their own gain.

I also would hate someone in western culture who did the same thing because such a person is doing it merely for gratification. These men i feel pity for becuase their ignorance is what drives them to it. I am not justifying it either, merely saying your reaction is not well thought out. It was the reaction and the reaction alone i was criticising.

Pity for a man that would rape a 3 year old girl, or a 10 month baby
They my believe that it will cure them, but they also know that it is wrong.

I'll save my pity for the innocent children and babies that are the victims of this ignorance.

Can you not pity both? If they were doing it because they were simply paedophiles then i would hate every fiber of their being. They are however doing it out of desperation and ignorance. I suppose it's the same way i pity extreme Muslims who stone women to death for being raped.

I don't judge them with western eyes, i try and see why they are doing it, look at it through their eyes and then i just pity them and feel sorry for their victims.

EDIT

I should point out that while you say you wouldn't do this, maybe if you had been raised in that culture and held those beliefs very strongly and caught HIV then you might do the same thing. It's not a nice thought and most people can't admit it, but it's more than possible.

Anyway back to the OP, the condom i think is a good idea, yes it has some flaws (like the vengful wife/girlfriend) but every product can be abused, whether it's a knife or a condom designed to stop rape. My biggest fear is simply that women will be killed by their rapist if they use the product.

Still i just can't get over that warm fuzzy feeling when i think about some rapist trying to peel that thing off and screaming in agony................happy days.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
jeez1 this is a bit over the top isnt it? Its not like the women are being stabbed with a steel knife , its only a penis after all. I know which one Id choose to get stabbed with.
relax, you may even enjoy it & get an orgasm!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This tool will guarantee a rape becomes a murder.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
This tool will guarantee a rape becomes a murder.

Yeah that is a flaw in the product but hey the man will still end up having to go to hospital and getting arrested. Of course maybe this will also lead to back alley surgeries to remove the device.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think it is a great idea. Guns/knives can and are also misused. This is mild in comparison and can save many women from being raped. It doesn't even break the skin for goodness sake. What the fuss?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join