It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Rape Condom Unveiled for World Cup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is the worst invention possible as noble as its intentions are.

1) As has already been said many time this will infuriate the rapist and cause them to possibly kill or brutally beat the victim.

2) seems to me once this becomes wide spread the rapists can just use their finger as a probe to test ofr it. Which if discovered can still infuraite the rapist and cause additional harm to the victim.

I think the only way to eliminate or at least drastically reduce the incidence of rape in these countries is to use severe punishment against the perpetrators and having aid organizations donate more rape kits to be used as evidence against the criminals.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Bad invention, with good intentions.

I second that statement. I give the good doctor credit for trying to find ways to aid women in reducing their chances of being raped and for identifying their attackers.

Lets just call this Rape Deterent ver 1. meth 1. I can see this being used on a limited amount of the public and letting real world results help hone the product line, or eliminate it all together. I hope for the former, not the latter.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This BS here is out of control. Now, for a mere two dollars, you can have the hated one in your life charged with rape.

Once attached, only a doctor can remove the Rape-aXe and Ehlers hopes authorities will be on the scene during any potential removals

To clarify, I do not condone rape. This is over the top and has bad news written all over it IMO. Is it me, or does that woman seem to be inflicted with a higher than usual possesion of hatred and revenge?

Edited for typo fix

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Marrr]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I remember watching the history of sex and they had a anti rape machine. This machine involved spikes, razors etc etc. if the penis goes it. Its gonna be missing. what was that 19th-18th century

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What woman in her right mind would shove that thing up inside of her vagina every day? That would be the ultimate of living in fear ... lmao ... this invention is as smart as shoving razor blades up there. Stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ok so it sticks on to the man, now All men know one size fits all doesn't actually work out that way. So If for example a man with a smaller then average manhood goes in, does it still hock on the same way?

Also it seems as if the hooks are rubber, and that it resembles a condom, so the guy just needs to sort of pull it back and roll it off from what i can see. I hope this is just version 1.0 and gets upgraded once the proper field tests results come back.

good intentions yes, good idea not so much. as others here have stated many many times, finger probing is going to happen now. Even might i suggest husbands and boyfriends should start just in case. Yet i can see the deaths in SA growing exponentially.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
reply to post by k0mbination

Sounds like a good idea in theory, and if anything it will make someone think twice before raping someone else.

However, I have to wonder about the potential for this to be abused, especially since it's apparently going to be cheap and easy to obtain.

Think about it, a girl is finds out her man is cheating on her, so uses this to get back at him. I know most people wouldn't do that, but there's bound to be a few crazies out there.

You are sooo right about sounds like a good idea in theory!

Real Rapist will just carry around a dildo and shove that in first to remove this thing. If they find out their victim is using one, they are going to be just that much more brutal with the real assult.

The real victims, will be the men who are set up by their girlfriends. The evil a woman could do with this is horrible. She could wear one of these things, then act all hot and sexy, get the guy to insert and BAM the trap goes off and he is squirming on the floor in pain. She calls 911 and falsely reports that he tried to rape her. Her proof of rape, is wrapped around his manhood. She then sues him for civil damages and collects while he rots in jail.

He gets out of jail and kills her in a fit of revenge.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea women have a right to self defense and if a women wants to use it then more power too her. They need to do some research on when most women are raped so a women can wear it at times where she my be most vulnerable. Nothings perfect but this could help. Saying it's not a good idea because women might abuse it is failed logic. There are many things much more dangerous used every day that could be abused like knives, baseball bats, and cars etc...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
At this rate the odds of having sex and being charged with sexual assault or rape are so high that the risks don't seem worth it.
- Verbal consent, check.
- Written consent, check.
- Two spoken confirmations after foreplay, check.

BEGIN........whoops I forgot I had this device on.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They should have it so the barbs are able to inject the attacker with some kind of heavy sedative, like the stuff they use to tranquillize bears with to tag them
That way the victim has time to escape the situation before the attacker regains consciousness. Then you'd have something!

[edit on 6/20/2010 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Definatley would not have sold my house and cars for a penis trap...crazy.

(second line)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

What a great idea!
At first I thought it was something the man had to wear and wondered how it would ever work but this is more along the lines of a chastity belt.

The anti abortion league should fall head over heels in love with this little number. I think I can hear their thunderous applause now...No...instead I hear a deathly calm...
Why? The anti-abortion league is mostly men.

Happy Fathers Day!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What? This isn't new.

Ehlers' RAPEX and Rape-aXe have been around since at least 2005.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Women in Egypt used to use animal dung as an anti rape device.

It is true. I even have a link.
www.rhrealitycheck.org...

I can't imagine putting dung down there, but it must have worked.

You'd stink so bad no one would want you.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by jessieg]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Owww.
Actually, I like the idea of this medieval device.
Now I don’t have to worry about my girls.
And prison doesn’t seem so daunting now!
As far as this thing having to be removed by a doctor…. I don’t see anyone’s little soldier standing at full attention after said device had clamped on.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
your probably right about it failing, but I think since it was invented by a women in S Africa where the incidence of rape is endemic maybe she is just hoping to curb the rate. Like I said I'm all for it if it works and doesn't just end up with another women murdered.
look about as comfortable as walking around with a turnip up your date tho!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
This is the worst invention possible as noble as its intentions are.

1) As has already been said many time this will infuriate the rapist and cause them to possibly kill or brutally beat the victim.

2) seems to me once this becomes wide spread the rapists can just use their finger as a probe to test ofr it. Which if discovered can still infuraite the rapist and cause additional harm to the victim.

I think the only way to eliminate or at least drastically reduce the incidence of rape in these countries is to use severe punishment against the perpetrators and having aid organizations donate more rape kits to be used as evidence against the criminals.

The above cannot be stated enough. The woman would likely be beat to death by the rapist while he's close enough to her to actually receive this device.

2nd unless she is wearing one in both possible rape locations we will only see an increase in the amount of anal rapes.

3rd this can't possibly be comfortable for the woman to wear, or to um... prepare..

4th...even if the rapist gets one of these on, it's not made of steel. at some point he will be able to remove it or cut it off. Now since rape isn't about sex, but control or violence...what state of mind do you think mr rapist is going to be in after that?

Just make carrying guns legal with a safety course. We would see some dead rapists in the short term... then a safe society in the long term.

..Ex

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

its bad enough to smell like tuna but crap as well?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

They didn't use dung as an anti rape device, they used it as a form of birth control.

Perhaps the most intriguing, bizarre and possibly effective methods for birth control were pessaries. In London's words:

A pessary is a vaginal suppository used to kill sperm and/or block their passage through the cervix. The pessary was the most effective contraceptive device used in ancient times and numerous recipes for pessaries from ancient times are known. Ingredients for pessaries included: a base of crocodile dung (dung was frequently a base), a mixture of honey and natural sodium carbonate forming a kind of gum. All were of a consistency which would melt at body temperature and form an impenetrable covering of the cervix.

The crocodile dung pessary, in case you were wondering, was a specialty of the ancient Egyptians who also used various mixtures of honey, acacia, dates, carob and cotton as pessaries.

www.rhrealitycheck.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
now if the "rapist" was wearing a regular condom...will it still work effectively...or does it just hook on to the condom and maybe partially onto the skin which can then be removed easily by the "rapist" without seeking medical attention

or...imo it just changes the std operating procedure for rape ie add a step to check for and remove any anti-rape device with anti anti-rape device before inserting penis...a carrot shld do the job

[edit on 21/6/10 by FuGGer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join