It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3 - 33rd Anniversary Edition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Alternative 3 - 33rd Anniversary Edition

www.scribd.com

Like Milton William Cooper’s Behold a Pale Horse, Leslie Watkins’ Alternative 3, inspired by the Anglia Television hoax of the same name, is a repository for memetic cues designed to disinform and confuse. Like Cooper’s cult-classic, Watkins’ novella is printed and reprinted without editing. All typos and factual inaccuracies are preserved. It is not meant to emulate a work of serious scholarship...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
alternative-3.tumblr.com
www.archive.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Alternative 3 secret Mars landing footage 1962.
Alternative 3 Video of Mars Landing!
alternative 3

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Watkins’ Alternative 3 is a bona-fide diversion, as is the original Anglia Television hoax. Its aims are suspect as it has been permitted a life that better books have been denied; it has assumed an undeserved aura, especially as so many calculated deceptions lurk in the details. So how is one to read Alternative 3? Carefully! The heavy employment of misinformation should be dealt with expeditiously. Herein you will find a unique edition of Alternative 3 that has been edited of overt misinformation, while a large percentage of disinformation has been preserved, albeit in a form that aims to reconstitute the little truths that had previously been undermined by contrivance.

www.scribd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think the idea that alt 3 was pure disinformation is pretty prevalent but I would argue that there is a bit of truth in there. I think in some ways alt 3 was a whistleblower attempt to get some of the information out, much like what the georgia guidestones did. Alt 3 served as a structure for a project and it left the rest of us to find the details.

I have to admit I've been interested in and confounded by alt3 for some time. I did write a short article on the subject which I hope to expand further in the future...you can read it here

www.anomalies.net...

maybe you agree with my hypothesis, maybe not but there are defiantly some strange coincidences we should consider. I would also argue the fact that all masters as well as all contracts, marketing material and just about everything else being destroyed is a bit strange. BTW its also been banned in at least 3 countries as well as prompting the head of standards and practices for NBC to say it was too dangerous for airing is significant in and of itself. But to dismiss it as pure disinfo is to do a disservice to the film.

- olav

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by orphillips

I have a hypothetical question for you and archimedespress. If given
the opportunity would you go off world? Could you leave the world
and everyone you know behind to live in a Star Trek type world?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

thats a difficult question. Given that I have a family no, but if you had asked me before I had a family I might do that.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D

I have a hypothetical question for you and archimedespress. If given
the opportunity would you go off world? Could you leave the world
and everyone you know behind to live in a Star Trek type world?

I'll answer the question, as well.

I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat. Not for fame, money, or glory, though. I'd be in it for the experience. The answer actually comes down to the individual. I bet the settlers/explorers in the 'Star Trek' type world knew the sacrifices they'd be making upon signing up...

In short, I'd follow my childhood dreams of seeing the stars without this atmosphere blocking out most of their beauty. I'd love to see for hundreds of thousands of miles with just my eyes. I would love to be one of the first human eyes to behold another planet, or the first to see another star through the viewing ports... Let alone the very small plaque on earth which would signify that an insignificant few people were chosen to represent our race on our journey away from home.

My loved ones would understand.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Dear Mr. D.,

I have considered, carefully, the idea of living off-world (e.g., Mars w/ a one-way ticket). There are, however, members of my family (my mother and father, sisters) and a handful of close friends that I am unable to leave behind. What about you?

Sincerely,

A.P.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Dear Orlav,

I agree wholeheartedly, with one caveat...

"It is important to note that facts, in and of themselves, lead brief lives. Once described, a fact becomes hearsay. What is more, it becomes managed. This is the conspiracy of information in which we all participate."

—George Irwin

That being said, it is the intention of the 33rd Anniversary Edition of Alternative 3 to marginalize & undermine disinformation in an effort to underscore the text's underlying truths.

Sincerely,

A.P.

new topics

top topics

join