It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is Burning Sea Turtles Alive And Blocking Attempts To Save Them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatestone
BP don't want to fix the leak till after they have well heads that will make this area productive. The relief wells are diversionary tactics, if they get them up and running before the leak is plugged it will be a productive area and they've got a reason to stay, so they say they are to relieve pressure on the leak. It would be faster just fixing the leak. If they fix the leak without having other wells there public pressure will force them to not tap this dangerous supply.

And coincidentally, sinking 'emergency wells' for this catastrophe get fast tracked without proper investigation or permits. It's a quick way for them to jam 2 more holes in it without going through all the international red-tape. It still doesn't excuse them for completely ignoring the environmental impacts they've made.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is nothing but sensationalism backed up by hearsay. Enjoy your thread that is equivalent to a tabloid.
I am done here.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jed1Knight

i'm not saying that bp wont try to fix problem and clean up spill. But i think that they will go as slow as possible to try and maximize thier oil production from thier spill, they figure they need to get their moneys worth, and they will clean up, at least till the court ordered sum of money is gone, its gonna take a lot more than they are forced to pay to clean up and get everyone to the same level thatthey were before, ie the farmers, the fisherman, the bed and breakfasts, the mom and pop joints at the touristy places, hotels, truck drivers, list goes on and on, and wont Mexico and Cuba be affected by this as well, i haven't been allowed to hear squat from these countries, probably due to media blackout, and im sure that they are just as concerned as we are about this äccident"that occured. even if it was an accident, arent we expected to take responsibility for our accidents in a swift and timely matter? and death is too goosd for these fools, they need to be stripped of all their wealth and made to live in a third world nation with nothing. nothing. nothing.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by dizzie56

Dizzie
Fish do not eat their own waste.

To me, unless they are stupid, they have enervated sensors to inform them something is okay to eat.

Otherwise we would have to pass laws about throwing pebbles into the water, cause a stupid fish ate it and sank.

These are my onw thoughts and words, I am not repeat not, sent here by BP to rebut any thing.

Are you serious? First, where did i say that fish "eat their own waste"? Alot of the major fish we eat are ambush predators, that means they lie down somewhere in a hole and hit the first thing that floats by in reach that looks like an easy catch. A bait fish that is dieing and floating by a hole of a larger fish is an easy meal to that fish. When bait fish breathe in the oil or even eat some dead or dieing plankton, krill or shrimps, they become contaminated. These contaminated bait fish will soon become food for other, larger fish. Am I really having to explaine a food web to you and how life in nature works. You are right, the dumb ones and lame ones die off. That means they usually get eaten by other animals that take advantage of the easy meal.

Two, look up the definition of "enervated". It makes no sense in the context that you put it in. It means to weaken. So you are saying that unless they are stupid they have weakened senses that tell them something is okay to eat? Really? I know your trying to sound smart but your not helping your case here.

Third, a pebble, really man? Pebbles dont look anything like a fish or shrimp or crab or anything baitfish eat. And you say they will sink because they eat one? Seriously? They have swim bladders.

I cant believe the level of stupid in your post. Maybe you are paid by bp cause they cant get it right either. Oh, here is the definition of enervated for you btw.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by YJLTG

Here's an article I stumbled across that doesn't add a whole lot to what's already been talked about here, but it's directly related and just more fodder I guess in that way.

vaticproject.blogspot.com...

I think what's bubbling out there on the fringe of this is a story that broke on GLP a few minutes back - no link because I don't go there, but a roomate does and she read part of it to me. The US military, according to a message smuggled out by a rigger and clean-up worker, has been aiding in this effort: exploding whale corpses, burning fish, etc.

If our government is this deeply involved, I should not be surprised. Obama's "transparency" campaign has been largely rhetorical. Issuing presedential orders and then forming study groups at agencies to determine how to go about it. HELLO, we have FOIA procedures; how much does in need a study group? If the story turns out to be true, however, and the tone of the message does sound authentic, this is a betrayal of the first order. BP can no longer be isolated as the only bad guy here, and I never really fully believed they were. BP, Halliburton, Transocean, Scorpion Oil, etc. all need investigation as as well as every government agency involved. We are not being told any significant part of the truth here.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
This is nothing but sensationalism backed up by hearsay. Enjoy your thread that is equivalent to a tabloid.
I am done here.

I don't think you get the whole ATS "deny ignorance" mantra. Keep on sucking on the tit of big business

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

You know, I do appreciate your full disclosure, but how many suppressed stories which are then confirmed by Reuters, Wall Street Journal or CNN do you have to see to know that information is only being dribbled out by MSM until they pick it up from independent press or the internet and confirm the reality to protect their image as the "fourth estate" to believe a lot of what you read hear is true and reported here or on some other such site first.

No lie guys and gals, I am an academic by profession and I've studied the press and representations the press makes for twenty years now. I know you can't trust the nightly news to tell you anything "first" on any issue of importance or controversy. When they put new divisions under the entertainment divisions' authority back in the early days of cable, MSM became nothing but the "go shopping" channels.

It forced the rest of us to risk becoming marginalized as "conspiracy theorists" and go find the truth ourselves. We are all independent journalists now. So while the accusations of "this is pure conjecture" arouses our ire, and rightfully so, it does inspire us to provide MORE evidence as an irritated response. Kind of a peer review process, but in a much livelier form. So, if you haven't sold your stock already, you might consider doing so soon, on one hand, thank you for the unneeded motivation to prove you wrong on the other and finally, do go back to sucking on the tit of big corporations and buy a good blackened Cajun dish for dinner tonight. I think I'm stuck with Jack in the Box myself.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I've posted this before on ATS. I am willing to arm up and confront these BP scum in the name of freedom of the press and for the sake of the marine life. It appears to me that the Coast Guard has become the tool of BP and the American people need to be shown what is really going on.

Hold on a second.

Did you know the rig was rented Bp for $1/2m a day ?
Did you know Bp did not own the Bop
Did you know all the workers seemed to be american ?
Did you know Haliburton did a bodge job on the Cement.
Did you know who granted the licence to drill.
Did you know who passed the saftey certificates each day.

Bp don't even own the oil but i'm with you when you smack the first security gard in the gob when they try to restrict your access to your own beach but do check he is wearing a green and yellow badge after he's down won't you.

The whole lot stinks and any investigation had better go right to the top on this one because it seems a lot more rests on people higher up the ladder and it's not just Bp

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ugh! If this is true I cant believe that there are those of u who dont find this alarming?? You may think it's no big deal, that they arent important, that they serve no purpose. Everything on the face of this planet serves a special purpose whether u see it or not. Where would it stop?
At what point would u consider it 'wrong' to kill something for no reason? Does it have to be a mammal? A certain level of intelligence? It doesnt matter bcuz it doesnt affect u directly? It will eventually affect everyone of Us. They will get away with anything and everything theyre allowed to.
They have no regard for any living entity and it doesnt stop with fish or turtles. The burning of the fuel will also affect u. When burning the oil the heat index which reaches well above 110* turns into toxic vapors. It releases sulfur dioxide which reacts with the moisture on ur skin and lungs. Low levels of repeated exposure causes permanent pulmonary disease. It causes lung, stomach and brain cancer in animals. It increases the liklihood of asthma, aggravates heart disease and is fetotoxic, causing functional deficits.
Methane is produced and evaporated into the air which creates a rapid rate of global warming thats 25% greater than carbon monoxide that increases liklihood of hurricanes, severe heat and floods.
Nitrous dioxide is produced and is a known teratogen. It increases the chance of spontaneous abortion and birth defects, damage to reproductive organs and the endocrine system.
You should be upset, u should be angry bcuz now it's not 'just fish and turtles', it's u and yours. Crazy thing is tptb will have the same outlook on u as u do the sealife.
Kim

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Turtles are an indicator species for levels of methane, co2 and o2 breathability in the environment.

Humans and most mammals are not terribly capable of surviving significant changes in breathable air. Turtles have a greater range.

Geologists in this field should be well aware of the Permian Triassic Extinction Event, in which lizards and turtles and other similar species were likely to survive it.

gsabulletin.gsapubs.org...

So, they are doing bad booming and for PR reasons are trying to prevent people from seeing the "poor dying creatures" and spending quite a lot of effort on that.

As priorities go, I'm becoming less sympathetic by the second.

[edit on 2010/6/21 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Any thoughts on whether or not this is BP's way to get rid of the evidence of the amount of devastation and extent of not only sea life death but the number of animals covered in oil? It's often crossed my mind how people are able to do such things while still claiming to believe in a Higher Power. Do they not think that creating havoc, participating in coverups and murder (whether animals or people - different concepts, I know) et.al. will result in some kind of punishment after death? Puzzling...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
^ attempt to derail thread using religion above.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I knew a lot of this but not all and I agree with you thoroughly. This should go straight to the top at all levels. I just finished another article here:

blog.al.com...

And the news just continues to get worse. Walking around in a depressed daze today.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

At what point would u consider it 'wrong' to kill something for no reason? Does it have to be a mammal? A certain level of intelligence? It doesnt matter bcuz it doesnt affect u directly? It will eventually affect everyone of Us. They will get away with anything and everything theyre allowed to.

Everyday i wash my hands and it kills things.

I drive to work and the bugs that aim suicidally for my windshield is just unbelievable.

I never kill mosquitoes, they have a right to live just like me.

Snakes, when they come in to my house, I just show them the way out.

Remember that spider has a mother and father too.

If you want to stop killing things stop brushing your teeth and taking a bath.

Plus u no u r a pore speller when u no u r 12.

You probably are the one who believes that a butterfly batting its wings off the coast of west Africa is what caused the last hurricane too.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
^ attempt to derail thread using religion above.

contribute or don't post aeons besides your one line folly there was nothing about the topic in there. I saw nothing wrong with dovdov's post he was relevant to the topic on the turtles and asked questions. maybe you shouldn't try to derail threads with useless posts.

OT: At what point should we hold our government criminally liable? This is a perfect case of criminal negligence, of which billions if not trillions of dollars worth of damage has been done to our oceans. not to mention other sea life which has no dollar amount. Who knows what we have already lost in the ecosystem of the gulf, it may not be renewable or able to be saved.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This isn't exactly helping anyone to breathe easier:

From the source:

"June 10, 2010 — LATEST VIDEO TODAY NOT SEEN ON TV OIL SPILL BREAKING NEWS MILITARY AERIAL VIEW BURN BREAKING NEWS TODAY VIDEO COURTESY DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AERIAL VIEW OF BURN INSITU Burn (Controlled Burn) They Have to Burn the Oil They Collect. Scientists Say 40 Million Gallons of Oil Released into the Ocean as high as 40 thousand barrels per day or 1.6 million gallons. 100,000 barrels could be leaking a day says Ira Leafer researcher at UCSB UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA SANTA BARBARA. Video of Controlled burn of the Gulf Coast Oil Spill. Video by Chief Petty Officer Bob Laura. Produced by Deepwater Response Unified Command."

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkingSleipner

OT: At what point should we hold our government criminally liable? This is a perfect case of criminal negligence, of which billions if not trillions of dollars worth of damage has been done to our oceans. not to mention other sea life which has no dollar amount. Who knows what we have already lost in the ecosystem of the gulf, it may not be renewable or able to be saved.

You realize YOU are the government don't you?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You realize YOU are the government don't you?

You really cant help yourself can you? Please do us all a favor and either contribute or don't post your ruining the flow of the discussion.

reply to post by manta78

Very interesting, though you stated it was from DoD aerial view. Was it possibly paid for by BP or was it from the DoD funded taxpayers? If it's taxpayer money BP should be funding that instead, DoD should get receipts for all expenses and send it to BP. We as taxpayers shouldn't be charged in anyway for BP's(and all others involved) mistakes. Either way its hard to trust them. The video doesn't really do much in the way of information, other than to show us what they're saying they're doing. Seems like a stall tactic to keep us satiated while they try to destroy evidence, which I'm sure they will not mention it being done in these burns.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by LurkingSleipner]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

While they should be concerned over their corporate citizenship being revoked and their political life being cut short, and even their personal freedom being curtailed....

so should you.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join