It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is Burning Sea Turtles Alive And Blocking Attempts To Save Them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted before but apparently the burning petrol in Gulf is burning all oceanic lives alive and the endangered species of Kemp's Ridley sea turtles near Deepwater Horizon are the latest victims. What more BP is even blocking attempts to save those sea turtles
read here

A shrimp boat captain in Louisiana hired by BP was blocked from rescuing juvenile Kemp's ridleys that were covered in oil in the Gulf waters. He was captured on video saying that the turtles are being collected in the clean-up efforts and burned up like so much ocean debris with other marine life gathering along tide lines where oil also congregates.

He witnessed BP workers burning turtles caught in the oil booms. Rescue efforts are being ended tomorrow.

STRP's Gulf Director Carole Allen responded to the news by saying "The burning of boom and oil when even one sea turtle was seen in the water is a despicable crime."

STRP's Chris Pincetich has been in communication with both the reporter who shot the interview and the Captain who witnessed the illegal killing of sea turtles, and is making arrangements to ensure that sea turtle rescue efforts are not stopped, and can be performed in areas with boomed oil.

BP Blocks Attempt to Save Endangered Sea Turtles from Oil Spill

Related video

LAtimes also reported on this
Death by fire in the gulf
So-called burn boxes are torching oil from the water's surface at the sacrifice of turtles, crabs, sea slugs and other sea life.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
WTF

wtf. i agree with whoever posted "bp must die'

they really don't give a $*!T about anything.
fn lazy, worthless p.o.s.

either~
they truly are just lazy scumbags who don't give a crap about anything except money..

Or..

They really are radioactive beyond repair..

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by YJLTG

link shows youtube video is malformed?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is really sick burning animals alive and blocking attempts to save them!! I donno what BP is thinking but they sure are going to get some favor in return.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Sorry about that corrected now.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
He will repay them, be assured. The One whose creatures these really are, I mean.

Watch and see. Nothing escapes His notice, not actions nor the thoughts in the hearts of mankind.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Also posted on Raw Story so this is not a hoax or false claim

BP ‘burning sea turtles alive’

A rare and endangered species of sea turtle is being burned alive in BP's controlled burns of the oil swirling around the Gulf of Mexico, and a boat captain tasked with saving them says the company has blocked rescue efforts.

Mike Ellis, a boat captain involved in a three-week effort to rescue as many sea turtles from unfolding disaster as possible, says BP effectively shut down the operation by preventing boats from coming out to rescue the turtles.

"They ran us out of there and then they shut us down, they would not let us get back in there," Ellis said in an interview with conservation biologist Catherine Craig.

Part of BP's efforts to contain the oil spill are controlled burns. Fire-resistant booms are used to corral an area of oil, then the area within the boom is lit on fire, burning off the oil and whatever marine life may have been inside.

"Once the turtles get in there they can't get out," Ellis said.

more

Mike Michael at Gather.com reports that Kemp's Ridleys are listed as endangered under the Endangered Species Act. Harming or killing one "carries stiff fines and civil penalties ($500-$25,000) assessed for each violation. Criminal penalties include possible prison time and fines from $25,000-$50,000."

Michael suggests that, given the size of the fines BP could face as a result of the turtle deaths, the company may be happy to let turtles burn, as it would make it impossible to calculate exactly how many turtles died. He notes that the bodies of dead animals are being kept as evidence to determine how much in fines BP will be liable for.

"Is BP destroying evidence to keep their liability down?" he asks. "Is anyone going to stop them?"

[edit on 20-6-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by YJLTG
BP is Burning Sea Turtles Alive And Blocking Attempts To Save Them

those who have empowered the institutions that permit British Petroleum to do what they do or do not do are ... must be... at least partially responsible for not prohibiting this ....

that is what the reports on all avenues of information are telling my senses.

WHEN DOES THIS BECOME AN ACT OF WAR??

For GOD sakes .... if not for reality .... if not for "home" ... then do it for:

SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS!!!

America can bail out bankers...

America can bail out AIG ....

Aren't the OCEANS too big to fail too??????

is someone trying to pick a fight with me?
really,
ET

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I wish I could just call the president and ask him, "Why are you letting them(BP) do all these things? I thought YOU were in charge of America! Do something!!!"

Ugh.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tha Girl They Call Roc

Well, why don't you. You can call white house and report your grievance. Nothing illegal in it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YJLTG

I just sent him an e-mail.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to make a difference, but you can't say I didn't try.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Its really sad to think about how much marine life will be dead by the time this debacle is over with.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
BP don't want to fix the leak till after they have well heads that will make this area productive. The relief wells are diversionary tactics, if they get them up and running before the leak is plugged it will be a productive area and they've got a reason to stay, so they say they are to relieve pressure on the leak. It would be faster just fixing the leak. If they fix the leak without having other wells there public pressure will force them to not tap this dangerous supply.
I'm not an expert on plugging leaks but ive done one contract on train viaducts that water was flowing out of, I had to point them leaks with fast setting mortar. I've worked with other guys who have plugged major water leaks in basements with similar fast setting concrete, i cant understand why BP havent tried this established method for plugging leaks, until that is i ponder over them wanting to stay in the area to get to this supply. I'm now wondering if BP have any kind of insurance over this disaster, public liability, etc...
BP could make a double tube insertion tool, tube one pressure forces a semi dry concrete mix into the tube and down it, while the other tube pressure sprays a chemical that mixes with the concrete and makes it quick drying, the time the mix takes to set is determined by how much of the chemical they put in the mix, it can be a 10 second setting time or a 30 second one, or a minute, however long is needed to force the mix far enough into the tube as is needed to totally block the pipe. When that is set they injection set the sea bed around the pipe so to strengthen from the outside also. They seal the end of the pipe leave the area and monitor it.
Maybe im out of my depth but fast setting concrete sounds to me a better option than the mud they tried.
They shouldn't even have control of this area anymore, govt should have law in place that when the environment is being damaged by a companies actions govt take full control of the companies attempts to stop that damage.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by thegreatestone]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by thegreatestone]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
OMG! Where is PETA???? Seriously, they sure have no problems sticking their butts up other animals, what.... is gulf sea life not worthy? And where are all the freakin celebrities that always seem to have something to say when there is a crisis. They all loved coming around after Katrina and Haiti, but once again.... is gulf sea life not worthy?

And to you Mr President Obomination,
I don't care if you think BP is more qualified than washington to fix this problem.... you are still the leader of this country. Grow a fcking spine! My god this is the most pussy administration we have ever had... jesus christ i hope we don't get invaded before this ass is out of office.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Duh. It's not like a sea-turtle could turn quarterly profits..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is disgusting, heart-wrenching, and despicable. No one will pay for this, except the turtles and the human beings who love nature and this magnificent Earth of ours.

The thought of never again being able to monitor a nest of these turtles as they incubate, or to watch them hatch and make their mad dash to the sea is something I never thought I would live to see, and yet, here we are, on the precipice of that disaster.

I am sickened.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Unfortunately this is not a surprise. From the very beginning life has not been a concern. The unprecedented amount of Corexit used is so toxic to marine life that countless millions of sea creatures will/have died and sunk to the bottom out of sight so we don’t get so many gut wrenching pictures. Also hidden is the true extent of the oil as much is underwater greatly increasing marine death and severely compromising clean up possibilities.

The government is complicit in this crime. One can only conclude mass genocide is intended for humans also. I lived in Florida for 20 years. I would not go back there for anything. Remember the air was safe to breath at ground zero after 911 according to the government. Who do you trust?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It won't be long now before people demand the execution of BP's CEO and Board. That is part of the direction of the fury presently building up.

The five Gulf states in the USA need to band together at the level of the governor's and seize control of this situation.

Obama should resign while it is yet day.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The entire upper management of BP should be taken out & executed in public.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thi is hard to believe, what is stopping a turtle from diving down and away from the fire? they are not stupid.
Pics or it didn't happen.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join