It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Scientists! New Proof Unknown "Structures" Tug at Our Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com...

"Dark flow" is no fluke, suggests a new study that strengthens the case for unknown, unseen "structures" lurking on the outskirts of creation.

In 2008 scientists reported the discovery of hundreds of galaxy clusters streaming in the same direction at more than 2.2 million miles (3.6 million kilometers) an hour.

This mysterious motion can't be explained by current models for distribution of mass in the universe. So the researchers made the controversial suggestion that the clusters are being tugged on by the gravity of matter outside the known universe.

Now the same team has found that the dark flow extends even deeper into the universe than previously reported: out to at least 2.5 billion light-years from Earth.

After using two additional years' worth of data and tracking twice the number of galaxy clusters, "we clearly see the flow, we clearly see it pointing in the same direction," said study leader Alexander Kashlinsky, an astrophysicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland.

"It looks like a very coherent flow."

The find adds to the case that chunks of matter got pushed outside the known universe shortly after the big bang—which in turn hints that our universe is part of something larger: a multiverse.

Everything you know about the Universe is WRONG

So basically no one can explain this and it challenges the Big Bang Theory. Why is this not major in the scientific community? And are there any scientists who can try and explain your theory on this?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This topic has been brought up many times on ATS already.
If you want to know what people think I would recommend reading any of these.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Whoops
S&F before I read van Doomen his reply.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw this series a little while back. It was very intresting and the dark flow theory is a strange one.

I have my own thoughts on dark flow. I believe these tugs might be other universes or other massive parts of these universe.

A quick drawing of what I think dark flow is.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i would of never seen this if you hadnt posted it so,

its new to me
thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Try wrapping your mind around multiple universes.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Sarcasm is not appreciated.

That was already my thought in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A lot of scientists believe we are part of a bigger system, like a multi verse or something like that

who knows

but good article

thanks for posting it

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok. So now that we have found another universe, I have to ask... what are we going to do with it?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I kind of think of the universe dividing as a cell divides. As below, so above. Everything we see at a cellular or atomic level is repeated on a larger level some place out in space probably. For all we know, our whole universe could be very tiny from someone or something elses point of view.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Your drawing reminds me of a Mandelbrot fractal.
sorry couldn't figure out how to put the pic in.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
www.neave.com/fractal

Try playing with this fractal and then imagining that our whole universe is a tiny speck some place deep within it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
DARK FLOW???? I am more likely to believe that these dark flows as they are called are in fact monster blackholes, I have a thread that points to an article regarding these beasts. In fact theres a beast so big its 3.5 BILLION LIGHT YEARS ACROSS and absolutely nothing lies within a total void of what seems to be nothingness

top topics

join