It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coded paranormal contact - tactition (via sense of touch)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hiya folks - I said I wouldn't post any more threads about personal experiences, but I have something that's been going on for years now that I've never been able to figure out properly, and I wanted to run it by you if that's okay.

It started about seven years ago, when I had recovered from the bulk of my anxiety-related condition, and was focused on a spiritual path, via a staunchly evangelical church group here in the UK. I began to get a variety of tactile sensations, in very specific locations on my hands, feet, knees elbows, head and face. These came usually when I was pondering/ meditating/ praying / confused about something. Generally, I was asking a question, and usually it related to my own motives, or choices I had to make. I didn't start out in thinking about a subject expecting to get answers, and was greatly surprised when these sensations began to occur, with such regularity and consistency in nature.

Over a period of time, I began to realise that there was a definite ordering of the sensations, according to the 'answer' being given. For example - if I was on the right track, I would get a repetitive, pulsating electrical tingle on my right thumb (equated this as a 'thumbs-up' from the entity). If I was doing something wrong, or I wasn't supposed to take a course of action I was thinking about, I would get the same sensation - often with greater intensity and more urgency - on my middle finger (essentially reflecting that I was going against the correct moral standard - 'flipping the finger' at God so to speak). My conscience invariably resonated with the sensation once I tested the thoughts I'd been having against it. The sensations would only cease when I resolved in my mind one way or the other what I was going to do about the message I'd been given (heed or ignore). If I chose to ignore it, the sensations would continue for a while longer, in order to remind me that I was making a mistake (of varying gravity depending on the combination that had been issued)

At other times, if I was lost in confusion, or if I was being a bit foolish, the sensation would arise on my forehead - this time it wasn't quite the same sensation (those on hands and fingers were felt across a matchstick-wide area) - but was instead more like someone pressing the palm of their hand against my forehead, though again, the electrical tingling and pulsing remained. It was a message to 'think - weigh it up properly; something's going wrong here...'

Over a very long period (the whole seven years since these sensations began) I seem to have worked out a mutually beneficial code with the entity/ entities. Different fingers mean different things - the hands relate to specific thought processes and their consequences, or plans I'm making. Sensations on the feet often relate to actual activities or journeys that are being undertaken. Combinations are frequent... For example - Big toe on right foot, thumb on right hand means: "Great - big step in the right direction; keep going with that...!" Such an indication can relate to things I'm thinking about, writing about, talking about - or even plans I have to meet with certain people. Conversely (and somewhat obviously) activity on left big toe and middle finger of right hand means means: "Stop right now. What you're doing is wrong, and detrimental to your progress (in whatever context).."

:bash:

Very specific indications and messages can now be generated with this 'code'. Another example: (either) index finger = "That's it; you've hit the nail on the head. No need to revise what you've written/said/thought about just now." (either) little finger = "It's a minor detail, don't worry about it." A key aspect of the code is that any sensation occurring on the right-hand side of the body is always related to a message that is more important than one arising from sensations occurring on the left-hand side. However, to receive any message in this manner means that (whatever it is) is an important decision/ plan/ activity one way or the other.

I would love it if people could let me know their thoughts on this phenomenon. I personally find it a highly useful means of keeping track of my progress through life (in a spiritual/ philosophical/ practical sense). I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that these sensations are being generated by a positive and intelligent entity/ spirit/ being - one which helps me very specifically and consistently, and I have taken steps to ensure that there is no 'dark' energy involved. I see it as a guardian angel, sent to keep me focused - has anyone ever come across anything similar..?

Noah

1st Edit = BB code not working... again..!

2nd Edit = BB code works in preview but not on post itself..! Arrgh..!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If anyone has ever come across a precedent for this sort of paranormal contact, please let me know...

I hope I haven't scared people off by saying I was in an evangelical church - I am very open-minded and don't preach/judge/condemn/speak against others.

I actually fell out with the church over tolerance issues, so hopefully if that was preventing you from posting on this thread you won't be worried about it any more....

Thanks in advance (please - I'm developing a complex...!)

Noah.

sniffle...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Does this seriously interest no-one at all..? I find that strange.
If I read a thread like this I would be intrigued, but maybe that's just me. It's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - I'd be happy to undergo some sort of tests if any could be devised.

Considering the 'response' to date I can't see that happening though..! I'm not bitter, really I'm not...

Oh well, better luck next thread.

Noah.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That's interesting, I always try my best to go with my 'gut' feeling on things, with my Instinct so to speak . . It seems like these are signs for you to follow? What usually ends up happening when you know your not doing the right thing but go through with it anyways?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I'd be wary of making decisions based on getting thumbs up, or down etc. though. Maybe it's kinda like the ouija board- you just don't have a clue who's giving you advice.

Occasionally through my attempts at meditation I've wondered if there was 'someone' there, and I've asked for a touch on the hand or whatever, and sometimes there is a feeling that there might just be someone/thing there.

Could be we're just playing with ourselves though

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm going to suggest something that you may not appreciate, but you did ask for thoughts on this - three times actually.

The fact that you recognize the code (not a bad analogy) suggests that your sub-conscious is in play here. Yes, this does sound a bit dismissive, but it's not intended to be. Allow me to explain.

I have been a tarot reader for nearly 40 years, and after 25 years or so, it dawned on me that what the cards were really doing was allowing the seeker a means to bypass the conscious part of their personality and access the data that (possibly) the personality was not up to dealing with. Through a form of mind-body synergy, the shuffling caused the cards to fall (as if the person were a Savant, of sorts) into a proper alignment so that the cards would then reveal what the sub-conscious mind already knew to be the right course of action or response. Once I realized this, I set a deck aside for others to use, and my readings have been incredible ever since.

As for how this relates to you, your body is alerting you to issues that your conscious personality has been programmed to either dismiss or confuse (cognitive dissonance is rampant in the Evangelical community). Your coded indications are coming from your sub-conscious psyche, and it's basically you telling yourself what you need to know. You're unconsciously battling against some sort of prior negative influence. It'd be good to look into what that might've been.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinsta

Firstly, thank you for your reply..! I had given up on this thread to be honest, so appreciate the interest.

Well, basically, if I go through with something when I'm getting a 'no' response, it invariably ends up bad for me and the people close to me. This can be things as straightforward as drunkenness, or more complex issues like contacting a potential employer etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Again, thanks for the reply. I was at first very hesitant to take anything being indicated as a direct instruction. For the same reasons you gave essentially; my religious background taught me to be wary when making any form of contact with the lower astral.

Through a combination of prayer and meditation, I came to an awareness that the energy is most definitely positive. 'You shall know them by their fruit'... The responses and suggestions always lead me in a good direction; a good sign that my discernment is accurate on this one (I have made errors in discernment in the past, with poor consequences).

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Thanks for your detailed response. I'll admit I'm surprised that given your background in tarot, you don't think an intelligent entity might be involved here. I accept that subconscious elements might come into it at some level (being more open to receive the contact and so on).

However, my genuine discernment is that an external intelligence is involved... The contact was unsolicited, and at first I had no idea what it was or how to 'get rid of it' (it unnerved me greatly to start with). The 'code' only came into it after quite a while of having the experiences. Another indication suggesting it's not solely a personal unconscious reaction - the contact comes at unexpected times - very often in response to seemingly trivial choices that wouldn't normally merit any sort of conflict of decision, even at a subconscious level. Or, indeed, warnings are given concerning situations I have no prior knowledge or opinion on - such as potential employers - if I ignore them it turns out badly, if I heed them things go well for me/ my family...

I am grateful for the feedback, and will keep an eye on the occurrences to see how much of a role my preceding thoughts play/ might play when the contact happens. I never "don't want to hear" something, so don't worry about that - I'm pretty thick-skinned these days...! For further background on paranormal/ 'weird' events of my life (if it's of any interest at all; I feel very self-obsessed as I write this..!) my other thread is in the Gray Area:

'Hands up if you're a little confused...'

Cheers,

Noah.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Folks who suffer from anxiety have tons of electirical activity which can give you these sensations on your various body parts. It's rather common. The fact that you recognize the code indicates to me that your anxiety disorder is causing this.

Have you recently lowered a dose in your antideppressant? This can cause wierd electrical sensations which your body may interperate as this tapping?

What I would typically do for someone with GAD experiencing these sensations would be 50 mg per day metaprolol(beta blocker), low dose clonazepam, and an antidepressant.

I think you need to talk to the Dr trating your anxiety as they should easily recognize this symptom.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Dr Jay. I understand that you're a doctor, but it's not your place to try and diagnose people / prescribe medication on an alternative topics forum.

I found your comment offensive; where did you get the idea I was on anti depressants..? The experience I'm describing in this thread is nothing to do with anxiety.

For reference, I'm a married man with two kids and I work as a freelance writer. I'd consider myself well on the way to full psychological 'integration' as described by Jung. Anything I've described in this or other threads is the truth according to my experience - I'm very open-minded about the nature of reality, religion, the paranormal and so forth. Having some belief in the 'spiritual' side of life doesn't make me mentally ill..!

The effects I describe in this thread began after I started to have a variety of paranormal experiences, including OOBEs and contact with entities in the astral realms/ alternate realities/ inner worlds (define according to your take on such things). If you don't believe in the paranormal - or as someone else has suggested, the power of the subconscious to manifest physical effects - then you should perhaps stick to the science forums instead..?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but essentially your comment was patronising and inappropriate.. Still, thanks for taking the time to voice your thoughts.. No hard feelings. I've seen you around on other threads and you seem a sensible sort of person, so please take from this reply what you will.

Noah.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian

Thanks for your detailed response. I'll admit I'm surprised that given your background in tarot, you don't think an intelligent entity might be involved here. I accept that subconscious elements might come into it at some level (being more open to receive the contact and so on).

Tarot has nothing at all to do with stray entities poking their business into the reading. This is just not what the tarot is about. If it was, you wouldn't be able to trust anything that the cards suggest. People lie and these entities are just people who have passed. Giving them benevolent intentions - without their earning such trust - is no different than assuming that everyone you meet on the street is a good and honest person.

However, my genuine discernment is that an external intelligence is involved... The contact was unsolicited, and at first I had no idea what it was or how to 'get rid of it' (it unnerved me greatly to start with).

The unsolicited nature of it is what suggests to me that it is internally generated. Keep in mind that you - too - have intelligence and a very close connection to what is going on in your life. Your capacity to realize the trajectory of a particular situation is pretty well developed. Think about when you bowl, and how you can predict - fairly well, if you're a good bowler - where the ball will hit the pins. Predicting future impact of a present trajectory of causal progression is the very same sort of thing. It's not magic. It's how the human mind works.

The 'code' only came into it after quite a while of having the experiences. Another indication suggesting it's not solely a personal unconscious reaction - the contact comes at unexpected times - very often in response to seemingly trivial choices that wouldn't normally merit any sort of conflict of decision, even at a subconscious level. Or, indeed, warnings are given concerning situations I have no prior knowledge or opinion on - such as potential employers - if I ignore them it turns out badly, if I heed them things go well for me/ my family...

The fact that this assistance is persistent and concerned is another strong indication that it is you, yourself, who are alerting yourself to potential issues of importance. The random entity is simply not that concerned over the day to day workings of the average life. Life is about making good and bad decisions, and the passed entities know this better than we do. They honestly don't try to micro-manage our lives. They realize the need we have to make our own decisions and to actively create our own existential identities through those decisions.

Some people develop a robust internal dialogue. You've developed a novel system of your own. It's still responding to what your sub-conscious is seeing by alering your conscious mind to the subtle indications that the causal trajectory is suggesting. People call it a "gut feeling" when it doesn't manifest in such an obvious manner. perhaps you've gotten good at ignoring your gut feelings, so your sub-conscious has devised a means that works around your ability to ignore it.

I am grateful for the feedback, and will keep an eye on the occurrences to see how much of a role my preceding thoughts play/ might play when the contact happens. I never "don't want to hear" something, so don't worry about that - I'm pretty thick-skinned these days...! For further background on paranormal/ 'weird' events of my life (if it's of any interest at all; I feel very self-obsessed as I write this..!) my other thread is in the Gray Area:

'Hands up if you're a little confused...'

Cheers,

Noah.

I believe in passed entities having the capacity to influence and even contact the living, and have experienced it throughout my life. I've just worked a long time to try and distinguish between genuine contact and my own mind's efforts to help my conscious self manage my corporeal existence. This keeps me from pointing to slabs of pizza with messages burned into them or some of the other silly stuff we read about now days being attributed to the supernatural. Life is mysterious, and not all the mysteries are supernatural.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I concede that I knew/know nothing about tarot, so it was a bit silly to use it as a point in my response to your first post..!

The great thing about the supernatural/ occult is that none of us knows for certain what's actually going on 'out there'... One thing I'll state clearly is my belief that the entities we encounter aren't necessarily 'passed souls'. I think that to limit the universe's potential to members of the human race (living or 'dead') is a bit, well, limited...

There's a wealth of historical/ mythological/ esoteric information out there relating to other types of life in this ol' universe - variously interpreted as angels, extraterrestrials, mermaids, 'little people' and so forth. I'll have to stick to my guns on this one and say that I do believe that on occasion, certain of these entities will get involved with directing our paths through life. And yes, they leave us to make our own choices, but no, they don't always stand idly by while we miss opportunities or make terrible mistakes. Given the fruit of the contact (positive, helpful, useful etc) I'm quite happy to have this entity involved in my life, and I guess one fine day I might even meet him/her/'it'.

I don't think any life can be considered 'average', unless one decides for oneself that it will be so. The mystic potential of each human is the same, and life/death is without doubt one big adventure - meditation and internal reflection can open doors to vistas beyond our most potent imaginings.

Have you ever come across the works of Emanuel Swedenborg..? The Arcana Coelestia is his masterwork, and it provides incredibly detailed and precise descriptions regarding the nature of a variety of entities, universal realities etc, along with the potential for human interaction with the same...

To sum up - we're each entitled to an opinion, but it seems we've reached an effective stalemate..! Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to state the case for your opinion (which you've obviously put a lot of thought into).

Noah.

new topics

top topics

join