It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~COUNTDOwN to operation Black Jack ****

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Operation Blackjack seems to me to be intimately related to the thread elsewhere on this board on "The Secret", which tells us that it's not enough to want something to happen, but that you have to believe it will happen.

This explains the bizarre need to foreshadow in the form of a comic.

Mythology hints at this. For example, in the story of Pandora's box, Pandora opens the box and all the evils of the world escape. But there's one left over in the box - Hope. When I first heard this story, I thought that Hope was sort of a consolation prize with which to combat the evils, but Hope is like Want - a form of unfinished business, wishful thinking that may or may not be realised. It's not enough to hope, you have to know, you have to believe. "The Secret" doesn't work if you want or hope.

This is why the ancient Athenians were afraid of hope, they knew the damage it could do. You have to believe things are going to be okay, know that things are going to be alright. Yoda was right when he said "Do or do not, there is no try", in a cryptic kind of way, because it relates to knowing you can do it, rather than trying to do it. You have the confidence of knowing, believing, rather than the uncertainty of hoping or trying.

If you now consider Barack Obama's message of "hope and change" to take on an altogether more sinister cast, then you're not alone.

It's sort of encapsulated in the words of a well known song:

My friend the witchdoctor
He told me what to do
My friend the witchdoctor
He told me what to say

He said say
Ooh eeh
Ooh ah ahh
Bing
Bang
Walla walla bing bang
Ooh eeh
Ooh ah ah
Bing bang walla walla
Bing bang

So the message in this silly song is that when you're worried something bad might happen, blow it away with something silly, or realise how silly the fear is, and you won't believe it any more. It also explains why voodoo and other forms of magic are sympathetic and ritual is based on association - by going through the motions and speaking or writing out what you want to believe, you begin to believe it. It also explains why shamans can only really affect those who believe in their powers, and how others can seemingly defy science through their beliefs. Like that indian guy who is puzzling scientists with his ability to live without eating, or people with paranormal abilities.

I had a patient recently who believed she was cursed by a shaman recently, and she barely knew what a chair was, or where she was from moment to moment. I have no doubt that for her, the curse was just as real as the medical treatment she was receiving.

So the witchdoctor did tell us what to do and what to say, if we're worried about something fundamentally silly like Operation Blackjack. I mean, using a comic to foreshadow a thermonuclear attack? Come on!!! That's silly! Who's going to believe that? Pathetic, yeah?

Remember that famous presidential quote? "All we have to fear is....fear itself."

In the Jim Henson movie "Labyrinth", Sarah finally gets it at the end. After the Goblin King tells her to "Fear me, love me, worship me, and I will be your slave..." just as the clock strikes, she tells him that "You have no power over me." The bubble bursts, the illusion is broken, the fantasy of confusion and desperation falls away. "They" only have the power we give to them, and it's based on belief in their illusions, which are based on suggestion. Make negative suggestions which are believed in a dream and the dream turns into a nightmare. That's the secret of Operation Claptrap.

If "The Secret" is true, then in this concensus reality, based at least partially on what we collectively believe, the reason for the strangeness of the need to foreshadow Operation Knickknack, Operation Quicksnack or whatever dumb name it's called, is to get you to buy into it and fear it into existence. They can only suggest.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
As I stated in different Blackjack thread, nothing predicted in the slides will happen, the 21st - 25th will go by without a single whisper of anything related, ATS members will forget about it, and we'll move onto the next doomsday prediction. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat.

Of course, somebody's going to have to buy me a hat...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Regardless of how this is perceived as a Hoax or not.

I was on other UK Newspaper forums when this first kicked off, I was amongst the type of people that like contacting editors to annoy them
especially competing news outlets, and the editors at the Telegraph got barraged with calls, to the point they got so sick of those calls they switched to answer phone mode

It seems to me for the Telegraph to host the Blackjack slide shows is costing them money/time, and given that each time the slides are changed the editors are inundated with calls questioning the whole thing over and over again...

I can not see how they are benefiting from hosting it in the first place or allowing these updates to take place.. they have no forums to discuss these slides shows and not making any advert revenue as all the in depth discussions take place on sites like ATS.

So the question has to be asked as to why have they not pulled the series from their site, or prevented further updates?

My theory is that this is out there to distract us from looking at what they (the Establishment) are really up to...

[edit on 21/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'm going to do what I always do on Monday. Awaken at 1:00, go to my local gaming store, play a game of Warhammer 40,000, buy a monster burger and beer battered onion rings and large strawberry shake at Hardees, go home and listen to Coast to Coast AM. (I should have died a long fething time ago, so I'm a lot happier than I deserve to be...:lol

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
D-day is the 22nd in the slideshows, but again could be 2011 could be 2012 could be never.

Don't hold your breath people.

If something happens, we'll probably lose internet access anyway...so make preparations, and if SHTF you'll be prepared. If not, you'll be doin' your thing like you do every other day. Too much paranoia is never a good thing!

Here's to hoping this week is like most other weeks!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Spoiler warning for Doctor Who episodes "The Pandorica Opens", and "The Big Bang".

Is it any coincidence that in the BBC Program Doctor Who the date that the TARDIS will explode, the Universe will be destroyed, and 'silence will fall' is June 26th, 2010? It seems rather strange that Blackjack is meant to happen this week and the Pandorica (Pandora's Box) opens in the same week in Doctor Who?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Are the times given GST? I just want to make sure I understand. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

What are you believers doing for your last night before "Hell breaks loose"

I'm going to disneyland

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I won't hold my breath for any of this to happen, whatever it is and
whenever it is supposed to happen.

I thought the words were like this.

He said
Ooh eeh
Ooh ah ahh
Ting
Tang
Walla walla bing bang
Ooh eeh
Ooh ah ah
Ting tang walla walla
Bing bang

May be I'm wrong though, it has been awhile since I heard that one. LOL

He said say
Ooh eeh
Ooh ah ahh
Bing
Bang
Walla walla bing bang
Ooh eeh
Ooh ah ah
Bing bang walla walla
Bing bang

[edit on 21-6-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

But you know full well the Doctor will wave his sonic Screwdriver and all will be set right in the world

I dont think Stephen Moffat took the gig as showrunner to just make one series

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Sorry i know this is out of context, but your signature is awesum dude!

Never heard that one before.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

your funny.... lol.. you are joking right?
is that what you really think?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The thing that bugs me about this "Event"
is that a lot of people "Hope it happens on XX day cause its free taco day at Nacho Emporium."

How about we all hope this does not happen...even if you think its gonna. I know there are some here waiting for people to start dying just to say "I told you so!"

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
Spoiler warning for Doctor Who episodes "The Pandorica Opens", and "The Big Bang".

Is it any coincidence that in the BBC Program Doctor Who the date that the TARDIS will explode, the Universe will be destroyed, and 'silence will fall' is June 26th, 2010? It seems rather strange that Blackjack is meant to happen this week and the Pandorica (Pandora's Box) opens in the same week in Doctor Who?

I hope he saves the day, I was just starting to get used to the new Doctor!

Art imitating life, or life imitating art

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well June 23-25 was also a prediction by timewave zero. You can see the thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Forget it! There will be no nuclear attack on the 23rd as Israels FM is in Washington. Nothing happens without Israel knowing about it. The very fact that he is in Washington tells me it's baseless.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So, it looks like there is no BlackJack?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Senz20

Don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin,
and there's no telling who that its namin'.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ho hum !! yawn !! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join