It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian troops may soon enter Nagorno-Karabakh. Turks prepare to enter Nakhchivan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Russian media quoting a source in the Ministry of Defense claimed that Russian troops under the cover of "peacekeepers" will be sent in the Nagorno-Karabakh in near future.

The paper Nasha Verisya (Our version) citing sources in the Ministry of Defense reported this, according to the Bakililar.AZ.

According to the source, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Safar Abiyev visited Moscow this year two times already to agree on details of stationing Russian troops in Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region.

The paper's information has been confirmed by deputies of the Azerbaijani parliament, linking it with a hasty adoption of the military doctrine by the parliament of Azerbaijan. They believe that the first Russian soldiers will appear in Nagorno-Karabakh approximately in the beginning of August.

At the same time, it is reported that Ankara warned Azerbaijan through the Foreign Ministry that in case of entering Nagorno-Karabakh by the Russian troops, Turkish units will be immediately sent to Nakhichevan - pursuant to the Treaty of Kars of 1921, which stipulates a possibility of military intervention by Turkey in the event of a security threat in this region.

It is noted that the Turkish Ministry of Defense of Turkey issued a statement a week ago, which explicitly links the planned enter of its army units in Nakhichevan with the appearance of Russian soldiers and officers in Nagorno-Karabakh.

kavkazcenter.com...

thought this to be interesting.. russia flexing thier regional muscle some more... Azerbaijan is an american ally for several obvious reasons (caspian sea resources)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting but Kavkaz center is a bad source. Almost as bad as Debka or Whatdoesitmeans...

It's run by Chechen terrorists who post video of them bombing russian convoys...

So... yeah.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

chechen sources are just as good as american sources. besides, they give their sources in this article as well.. and just so you know, i for one think the chechen cause a just one.. no matter what thier tactics are. the russians have done far worse to the people of caucasas...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by Vitchilo

and just so you know, i for one think the chechen cause a just one.. no matter what thier tactics are. the russians have done far worse to the people of caucasas...

You have got to be kidding me. You think their cause is just? No one with a just cause behaves the way they do. Killing women and children.

Guess how they treat christian minorities in Chechnya?
www.christiananswers.net...

I predict horror and destruction for those who continue their violent Muslim, antichristian behavior. Nothing is hidden from the eye of God.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Know who backs the Chechens? I will give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The obvious answer is the UK, since they've given asylum to a few of their terrorist ringleaders.

It fits the general trend of the EU towards full Islamification.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

i assure you the russians treats the chechens much worse... mass deportation and genocide...

top topics

join