It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer Solstice...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Tomarrow is summer solstice...

Summer Solstice...

Occult Holiday...

Do you think that this day is a day for the occult, or something slightly more evil? Could there be a plan for something to happen in the next few days? Everyone seems to think so with all of the predictions happening around this time.

How are you going to spend your solstice? Here in Santa Barbara they are having a major event.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's the mark of a new season - it's to be celebrated.

It's not evil.

Lol.

How are you going to spend your solstice?

If it stops raining, I'll be having a drink at the roof-top bistro, with friends.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

..although I've completely given up alcohol now. It's just.. crap.
Yeah, It's a big party over here in the land of the Midnight Sun. I might just cook something up..

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's just another day! Enjoy the nice weather, if any, life, people, food, etc.! Don't worry if it's a solstice or time to mess around with the occult and such. Each day passes like gas.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I plan to get up early and see the sunrise. Take in the cool light before the heat of the day comes raining in.

I have to work through the best part of the solstice, which is the setting of the sun on the longest day of the year. I will find time to go out as often as I can and just bask in the late evening sunlight.

There is nothing evil about it. Nothing significant will happen. Not every event has meaning. Enjoy the long day.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

I will be busy during the sunset to! Although i really want to watch it.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There is definitely nothing occult about the solstice. I see it as being a very positive thing. On Friday, there was a Summer Solstice dance in my area to welcome in this event.

I'm still aching from that dance. I danced as if it was us who were summoning the sun to rise the next day.

Good times. Show respect to the Sun for sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
From the Pagan Book of Days (by Nigel Pennick):

Summer Solstice: Midsummer, Druidic Festival of 'Alban Hefin', Anglo-Saxon 'Litha'. It is the longest day of the year and the seventh station of the new year, the time of sanctification. At Stonehenge, the heelstone marks the midsummer sunrise as seen from the center of the circle.

_____

This is one of the 8 sabaths (holy days) of the Wiccan Calender. the other three cardinal points (spring/autumn equinox and winter solstice) & the midpoints between the cardinal points (Imbolc... Feb 1, Beltane...May 1st, Lamas...August 1, and Samhain...Nov 1, commonly known as halloween), are the remaining 7. (full moons are pretty special as well).

so, to some, it is a rather holy day, to be respected as we would respect any other culture's holy day.

as far as any occult vibe goes... that is propoganda left over from the christians and pagans squaring off back in the day. same propoganda that turned the pagan forest lord (and symbol of the masculine): cernunnos, or pan, into the modern depiction of the devil. (horns, beard and stag/goats legs).

don't believe the hype! and judge not lest ye be... oh, you get it.

let the wiccans pray in peace, without whipping out the ol' satan BS.

Blessings for those who celebrate the holiday.

Enjoy the burgeonings of summer for those who celebrate it in a secular fashion.

in any case... the days will be getting shorter for us folk North of the equator.

Namaste-real.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by mythos]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just read the alternative to the sites you posted and i say dont be afraid of reading alternate views on the subject here is a link:

www.neopagan.net...

Come to your own conclusions on the subject instead of writing it off.

History has been changed alot and alot of history destroyed. Im still trying to get to the bottom of vedism aswell which is hard as its not exactly from just India. Im also trying to get to the bottom of the true history of everyone coming out of Siberia. I cant find that aswell.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Shortest day for us!

Sitting in front of the fire, drinking coffee.

Right now, sun is streaming in all the windows.

Lovin' it!!!

MM

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wonder how it would go over if I posted something like "It's December 25, do you think this day is evil?"

Of course Dec. 25 has some occult implications too - that is the day of Sol Invictus - the first day after the winter solstice when it is perceptible that the sun has returned.

But as far as tomorrow - Litha, well, if you believe that worshiping anything other than Jesus is evil, well then, you can bet I'll be about some evil tomorrow night.

We'll be drumming the sun down...then about 9:20 we'll be having a circle and casting a few spells. I've got about 5 pounds of incense ready for the fire, so it should really be smokin'. (Lots of rose, basil, lavendar) We'll be finishing up before 10:05 for sure, and then eating and drinking a whole, whole lot. If I am lucky, I'll get lucky.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My day will be spent tending my veggies(and the children of course
),i'll also harvest my herbs and i'll be cooking up some foraged food for the evening.
Tonight we'll have a fire,music,food and drinks and perform some healing spells....

Evil?Not in this house!This is a time to celebrate all that is GOOD!!

Harm none.Live well.Laugh often.Love much.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I will be sixty tomorrow,

errr today, oh I am sixty, it is tomorrow, lol

My sixtieth summer solstice.

[edit on 013030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
it is the day astrologoically to say thank you to the sun (which has been strong all year since winter solstice) and wish him well on his journey to his death (winter s)

it is a day to strengthen, energize,

it is also supposedly when the veil between the living and dead is smaller...open communication with other realms

it is why it has BECOME a negative day. the intenet of the force, good or bad, can mix with the general energy present.

i went out to smoke my pipe this morning and wish that at this time of need humans can come together, and unify, put away conflict and share. we need that now.

today is a good day for those kinds of ceremonies....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I wish I didn't have to work so I could drive up north above the arctic circle and just hang out all day outside and watch the sun never go down.

Oh and swat about a trillion mosquitos.

[edit on 21/6/2010 by enteri]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by enteri

OMG! it's humpty dumpty, I need to go to bed.

I will not have nightmares.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by enteri

that gif is seriously one of the coolest things I've seen.

Good good artwork.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Every year I join the celebration...watch the sunrise and set !!

Where I live in WI...
This year's summer solstice will officially occur at 6:28 am CDT on Monday, June 21, 2010.

That is when the sun will be directly over the Tropic of Cancer - the northernmost point on the planet where the sun is directly overhead - and summer begins in the northern hemisphere.

Heres a little more on the tpic for those interested >>>

en.wikipedia.org...

www.usno.navy.mil...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I got the chance to enjoy the summer solstice right next to the ocean, as I lay on the lava rock cliffs. I felt the some major energy coarsing through my veins afterwards. I love it.

-Sol

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
After all the rain we had in Arkansas, the whole state seems to be bound for at least a week of little or no rain. It got to one hundred degrees here and felt hotter than that. It is very humid outside. It is hard to describe, but as soon as you walk outside you just feel it.

No one wants to be outside much.

I'm hoping for rain, but when we finally do get it, it is going to be a storm for sure. I'm wondering if we will get any oily rain.
I plan to investigate it closely when in finally rains, to see if I can smell or detect anything in it.

new topics

top topics

join