It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Name of the Star is Wormwood

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Dragnet53.....

So you are also making fun of NASA scientists that believes in Planet X as well? You know without them they wouldn't have found Eris or Sedna.
So LOL @ U!

Well, you are exactly right, except.....

Nibiru doesn't exist!

But seriously for a sec.....

It is obfuscatious to suggest the terms "Planet X" & "Nibiru" are interchangeable.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
There is another thread on the site that talks about the gas bubble thats forming. And talks about if this bubble should explode there would be a chance for a quake on the new madrid fault. If I'm correct the last time there was a big quake along that fault the mississippi flowed backwards.

If that would be so wouldn't that take the oil and water from the gulf up the misssissippi river. Would that not inturn also send that oil water mixture into rivers that feed into the mississippi?

When John was shown all this he believed that there was no other land except for what they knew of in those days. So perhaps 1/3 of the water and sea life in the United States is what he saw not in the whole world. Since he wouldn't of recognized the land mass that he saw. Maybe what we now consider to be 1/3 which would be as they say biblical porportions aren't as big as we've been taught to expect. Since we have blindly assumed John new just how big the world was as we do.

Good Idea. Take the other "most crackpot theory on BP" thread (the grasping at straws freakshow of Pax, his sock puppets, and cronies) and combine it with this one to make MEGA-crackpot theory. I'm all for it. It wouldn't be hard since both OP's backtrack and just throw more barely-related, outright wrong, or twisted truth in there to back up a horribly put together hypotheses. Throw in the radioactive thread for good measure. Now you've got the makings of the look-what-horse-hockey-I-just-pulled-out-of-my-arse trifecta.

Here's a few things I've found that help when browsing ATS. I'm just trying to put this in perspective so you don't all freak out, lose sleep, start hoarding cans of food in the cellar and stop bathing. I'm talking to the 109+ people that have flagged this thread specifically now... put the Bibles down, pull heads out of your buttocks for a second and try to follow along, if you'll oblige me:

Nobody drilled into an active volcano.
The Earth is not going to get blown out of orbit by a caving batholith or a giant gas bubble (oh please).
There is no killshot radioactivity.
Yes, the BP sunflower looks like a star. You know what else looks like a star? Every symmetrical and even some non symmetrical symbol with points. A cross is a star too. Is the Christian cross the "star Wormwood"? I bet that theory can be picked to death with more relevance and symbolism than BP's happy little sunflower.
Yes, you can make oil out of a sunflower. What other flowers can you get oil from? ALL OF THEM.
The BP Flower looks almost nothing like any of the 200 genus of Artemisia I'm sure you can find one that it almost resembles in there, but you'd be hard pressed to find any genus of flower that didn't have at least one that "kinda sorta" looks like that.

I don't mean to be rude, but this whole freaking out thing is exactly the type of behavior responsible for the fine point of human development known as the dark ages. I'm quite frankly amazed at how many of you are out there; people with no grasp whatsoever of any kind of reality.

Wow.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by EnkiCarbone]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA

I worked on the internet and graphic rebrand of BP 1999-2001. My work was on the website code, but we worked with the the graphics team side by side.

You worked on the BP logo redesign and you responded to a thread titled, "The name of the star is wormwood"?

What are the odds?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitelogic

I've seen enough pictures of the plant here, ... to think that it resembles the BP logo.

And doesn't wormwood also mean 'undrinkable'? So, not only does it resemble the plant, but also resembles the double meaning (can't drink oil).

Where does it say that these visions have to be in chronological order?

As a novel the bible is pretty much unreadable yes?

As a book from which to pull meaning out of it is useful.

And it really seems to be the best game in town for anyone who seeks to establish meaning, seeing the large user base that already exists.

And controversy over interpretation is a known constant.

No where does it say that visions must be in chronological order.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

sure good buddy.

So why build WISE then?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by investigative_journalist

April 20th is also a very big day in the marijuana community, and that friend has nothing to do with Hitler.
As much as I love Mr Icke,
There are some coincidences in this world.

S and F great insight OP!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
(delete double post sorry mods!)

[edit on 23-6-2010 by MarlboroRedCowgirl]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

No it doesn't, but what it does say is that the second angel blew the trumpet, which was followed by something resembling a burning mountain being cast into the sea. I'd like to make a point here that's been overlooked. The "as it were a burning mountain" and the Star Wormwood are two separate things, so this cannot be the spoken-of prophecy.

For proof of this, I submit the following, located here:

Revelations, Chapter 8:

[6] And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
[7] The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
[8] And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
[9] And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
[10] And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
[11] And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
[12] And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

So, you see, this cannot be considered the Wormwood spoken of in that section, as the preceding angel's trumpet has yet to go off. And how do I know this? I know that there hasn't been a fire so great that a third part of the trees and grass over the whole Earth have been burnt away yet, which immediately precedes the onset of Wormwood. And I also know that this isn't a star, but something else, since it was not cast down into the sea from heaven, it was just cast into the sea. Seems like a big oversight to make when the very next major event is something coming from "heaven", right?

I must admit though, it had me there for a minute!!

TheBorg

[edit on 23-6-2010 by TheBorg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EnkiCarbone

I don't know you, but I love you. I seriously do! You are the kind of person I was talking about in a previous post on another thread...where I was complaining about all of these bp doom threads. Us easily freaked out people need people like you to come in these threads and refute what these crazy people are saying (no offense to anyone).
I have already hoarded food in my cellar, but it's because I am scared of other people freaking out and running to the store to buy it all up before I can do my regular grocery shopping!

But I also wrote that I know why the threads are usually all doom and gloom; because people like you do not feel like repeating yourself over and over and over again.

You are awesome!

-FCL

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm06002
I think trying to figure out what "wormwood" is and isn't is unimportant. It could be like a paradox where whatever fulfills that prophecy and kills 1/3 of the sea and turns the waters red IS wormwood regardless of its relationship to the plant or the meaning of the word. That's what it is called in the Bible so whatever fulfills it we will call it wormwood even if there's no other reason to call it that. Basically, someone just already named it before it happened. Then again you would think it is called that for a reason that would make sense but maybe not.

Just a possibility.

and obviously far too early to tell if it will kill 1/3 of the sea

and aren't these prophecies supposed to happen in order? I think there are many before this one that don't seem like they have happened.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by jpm06002]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by jpm06002]

Yep you just hit the nail right on the head. Its what people do when they want so badly to prove prophecy of any kind. From nostradamus to the bible it doesnt matter. 911 brought out all the nostradamus people claiming he wrote that and most of what was going around on the net was fake and not even what he wrote. People want so badly to believe the end is coming and look desperately for a way to prove it. Likewise the word chernobyl was once linked to the word wormwood during the chernobyl disaster. That also has been argued as a misinterpretation of the word chernobyl. However once people get a idea in their heads and they believe it, they are hard to let it go.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA

I worked on the internet and graphic rebrand of BP 1999-2001. My work was on the website code, but we worked with the the graphics team side by side.

You worked on the BP logo redesign and you responded to a thread titled, "The name of the star is wormwood"?

What are the odds?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

me bad... lots of people work for many companies in the design business,

Well I do have a little interest in little ole wormwood, I did get lost at the meteor bit though.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I'm sick of all these religious nuts that jump on single scriptures without knowing anything. The real spiritual Kingdom Christians (not the fruitcakes religious nutters) know why this isn't what this guys proclaims.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by alien]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Interesting. I always thought the Wormwood reference in the bible was referring to an asteroid or comet that would collide with the earth but after reading your post...

Anyway, very interesting speculation.

I look forward to reading the rest of the replies and discussion.

S&F

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
FYI. The next section of the bible:

12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night. 13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

The oil spill currently looks like it is depositing hydrogen sulfide and what suspiciously looks like magma. This is comparable to yellow stone exploding. If the magma actually hits the oil well, it will go boom. BIG BADDIE BOOM. And the above will occur.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Get a life. I'm sick of all these religious nuts that jump on single scriptures without knowing anything. The real spiritual Kingdom Christians (not the fruitcakes religious nutters) know why this isn't what this guys proclaims.

The real Kingdom Christians...lol, that seems pretty fruity to me not to mention arrogant in the religious nut sort-of-way. Crazy people never think they're crazy. And that statement alone is a judgment--judge not, for that which you judge another you condemn yourself (Romans 2:1).

It's only speculation, that's all.

Also, why say get a life? That statement in itself means nothing. I have a life, the OP has a life, the people who have replied are living their lives, even you have a life. Quality of life is different matter all together but that subject to individual interpretation.

No matter what your personal religious beliefs are. The Book of Revelation is an interesting topic and that is the whole point of this forum.

The OP speculation and subsequent replies of the meaning of Wormwood is interesting. It may not be correct but it is a discussion that is perfect for ATS.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
FYI. The next section of the bible:

12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night. 13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

The oil spill currently looks like it is depositing hydrogen sulfide and what suspiciously looks like magma. This is comparable to yellow stone exploding. If the magma actually hits the oil well, it will go boom. BIG BADDIE BOOM. And the above will occur.

Which part, the part about oil not exploding underwater because of the lack of oxygen? Woops there went your theory. Add that there's no freaking magma. Bam. MYTH BUSTED.
Now, let's talk about The Claus Process. OK. Show some evidence that there's H2S in a high enough concentration for that to happen. Now explain how substoichiometric combustion is going to happen under 3000 feet of water without nearly 850 degree Celsius temperatures and without being able to collect enough large amounts of sulfur to create "BIG BADDIE BOOM".

Maybe you should stick to "talking eagles"? lol.

Clearly, you have a really firm grasp on reality.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If Yellowstone blows, before the rig collapses, this theory in the OP will get very scary.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnkiCarbone
. . .

Here's a few things I've found that help when browsing ATS. I'm just trying to put this in perspective so you don't all freak out, lose sleep, start hoarding cans of food in the cellar and stop bathing. I'm talking to the 109+ people that have flagged this thread specifically now... put the Bibles down, pull heads out of your buttocks for a second and try to follow along, if you'll oblige me:

Nothing wrong with worrying and being prepared. Everyone knows the end is coming sooner or later, whether it be in our lifetimes or not. Better be safe than sorry. If you choose not to, that is fine. Accuse everyone to have their heads up their asses . . . and you will end up with your head up your ass.

Nobody drilled into an active volcano.

Proof?

The Earth is not going to get blown out of orbit by a caving batholith or a giant gas bubble (oh please).

Maybe not, but the potential is there to make this very very bad.

There is no killshot radioactivity.

Proof?

Yes, the BP sunflower looks like a star. You know what else looks like a star? Every symmetrical and even some non symmetrical symbol with points. A cross is a star too. Is the Christian cross the "star Wormwood"? I bet that theory can be picked to death with more relevance and symbolism than BP's happy little sunflower.

Have at it, then . . . in another thread. This thread is for speculation on the theory that the BP logo is Wormwood.

Yes, you can make oil out of a sunflower. What other flowers can you get oil from? ALL OF THEM.mmThe BP Flower looks almost nothing like any of the 200 genus of Artemisia I'm sure you can find one that it almost resembles in there, but you'd be hard pressed to find any genus of flower that didn't have at least one that "kinda sorta" looks like that.

And you miss the point completely. Right over your head.

I don't mean to be rude,

Yeah you did, or you would not have posted . . . especially with the first paragraph I quoted.

but this whole freaking out thing is exactly the type of behavior responsible for the fine point of human development known as the dark ages.

No . . . that was because the fall of Rome, and the Catholic Church's rise to power . . . and their way of putting "heretics" to death for anything that did not fit their religious views.

Learn your history, please.

I'm quite frankly amazed at how many of you are out there; people with no grasp whatsoever of any kind of reality.

Wow.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by EnkiCarbone]

And you smack of disinfo. If it is such a problem for you, why do you take the time to write such a lengthy expose on how stupid people are?

What a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EnkiCarbone

No. You're either clueless of physics and chemistry or just don't realize the facts.

Temperature affects volume. Just as micro fractions of absolute zero give you a black hole, magma temperatures give you explosions, regardless of oxygen content.

You know, that's why the sun explodes... without oxygen. But that's a lot hotter than what we are talking about.

When you heat up what can only possibly be a few hundred million barrels of oil to the temperatures of magma, this will cause an explosion. And the sudden release of all that is toxic. Now, just as anything underwater does not explode traditionally, neither would an event this large under sea. What would happen would be a release of toxins and ash into the atmosphere that would do horrors to the surface.

So. If you were to have a big fat oil well meet a magma chamber, you would have an explosion. Probably an earthquake. And Yes, an Earthquake is a form of an explosion, because it is the undercurrents of the Earth's mantle changing temperature and expanding, and contrasting. IE, an explosion.

In addition, if you saw earlier, there were yellow, seemingly glowing, gases coming out of the oil plumes. This is often seen in undersea vents and volcanic gas active areas, often preceding the event of an eruption. Hence the term YELLOWstone. Because the yellow is sulfur.

Now luckily this stopped. BP is calling is hydrocarbons. Which, btw, is also evidence of temperature change and heat action. Thus far BP has lied, so I see no reason to trust them. And regardless of what it is, it's not good.

That area is geologically unstable. Hence the earthquakes in Haiti and nearby. If you think you can suddenly remove enough fuel to run several small nations for a year without any sort of negative effects, you truly do not know the ecosystem, nor a thing about geological activities.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Gorman91]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join