It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Name of the Star is Wormwood

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
so true....if ANY book in the bible should be taken serious I'd say Revelations would be the one no? i mean how can a 2000year old prophet describe petroleum? look around and you'll see its no surprise events are happening a little too much like revelations is describing...co-ween-kee-dink? i think not....good post though

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Thanks - didn't realize the plant produced a bitter oil.

Wormwood also figures in CS Lewis' Screwtape Letters as a devil who, along with Screwtape, another demon, 'lives in a peculiarly morally reversed world, where individual benefit and greed are seen as the greatest good' who is '(in)capable of comprehending or acknowledging true human virtue when he sees it.' - wiki

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OP, you are grasping at straws.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ah the art of prophecies. Make them extremely vague, and make them apply to almost anything.

How has our faithful friend Nostrodamus done on this huge world disaster? anything from him *cue the crickets*

and our most renowned modern day phophet Sylvia Browne? No word or warning from her, about 9/11 or this BP event? *cue the crikets again*

Phophets are charlitos. It's one of the oldest cons in the history of man.

Oh and according to the verse it says how many PEOPLE (people equaling humans, not krill) will die from drinking the water that has turne to wormwood. (hmm how do you drink a plant, I wonder?) but anyway...People, ie Humans DO NOT DRINK SALT WATER.

OP really grasping at straws.

This thread is so sad, it reminds me of that cartoon with the little chick running around yelling "The Sky is Falling".

Get a grip people.

You want to believe so badly....that is how prophets, and palm readers and other con artists make a living. Off your NEED to believe.

The BP logo is a SunFlower. It says so right on their site, when they made the concept.

Also, how many 1/3's of things are gonna be destroyed in the end times. Sheesh I wish the author would through in a half, or 3/4's in there every now and again, it would make it more believable, lol. Everything is a 1/3.

After 2000+ years you know how much of the original bible stories (yes theyre stories) have been lost, and changed , due to language differences? Ever play telephone as a kid?

I can't believe how many stars and flags this post has racked up.

RUN>>>>THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Nola213]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just noticed this, thought you'd find it interesting

That 'Blackjack' comic? the first nuclear bomb detonates in victoria road london

ive found the road on google maps, look at the park in the bottom right hand corner, tell me what you see : )

spooky!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

very interesting

here's you another tidbit

if you take the letters in Wormwood
and re-arrange them

guess what you get ????

DOOM OR WW (World War)

hmmmmm ?????

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Wormwood is part of the Sunflower Family aka daisy to the sunflower
cut the Bulb in half it in section of 4 to a circle and you will get the BP logo and put the sun or Daisy in the middle look at my post ! take the Second look thanks !

sorry i dont have a decent photoshop editor to do this or i would

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Revelation 8:11

the name of the star is Wormwood

Nibiru = Wormwood as well.

Another poster said that Wormwood was Nemesis.

I don't see any reference in the bible for either Nemesis or Nibiru.

How did you arrive at your conclusion?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Here is what BP has to say about their logo:

Our visual identity reflects the revolutionary quality of our business
.... It is also a pattern of interlocking shapes: like BP, a single entity created by many different parts working as one. This was particularly relevant, as the new brand was launched after a series of mergers and acquisitions. It united all the heritage companies and employees that now make up BP and its global brand.

This is just creepy beyond words...

"e pluribus unum", as they say.....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

How about the fact that Artemisia absinthium (wormwood) looks nothing like what the OP is attempting to portray.

i reckon the flowers in the top and bottom left hand corners might be pretty similar to the bp logo

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow.

How isn't this in the hoax forum yet??

This:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd854c3dfe9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Is not the flower.

You are making things up to fit your theory.

This is what the flowers look like:

This is what the leaves look like:

There is absolutely no resemblance to the BP logo.

None.

Zilch.

Nada.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Cahdwickus.....

I have obtained more information for purposes of your review & critique.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ahhh ATS, how you've changed since I was here. Religious sheep desperate to believe in something that will validate what they believe, common sense people trying to explain the obvious, and the outside world laughing at the whole pathetic parade.

Huh. Maybe thing's haven't changed so much.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this is the answer to your question but Zecharia Sitchin, a lifelong researcher of very ancient history, popularized the idea of an 'Destroyer planet' or Brown Dwarf that orbits our sun and causes Doomsday scenarios like massive earthquakes or heavy volcanic activity, (as I understand it) by effecting the core of the Earth, and causes various effects among the planets in our solar system. Binary or Trinary stars is commonplace among 70% of stars in our Galaxy. Is our sun, Sol, one of these systems?

When you consider that Homo sapiens is 50,000 to 100,000 years old it's a unusual fact to consider that we have had only 5,000 years of recorded history and may be indicative of events that destroyed entire civilizations.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
once again for the dummies and for those not in this reality....here is the link about the BP logo, it has nothing to do with nothing, its just a logo.....

History of BP

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Revelation 8:8-11

8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and a third part of all the sea became blood;

(The oil rig that exploded was in flames and considering the depth of the drill to the top of the rig would be the altitude of a decent sized mountain)

9And a third of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and a third of all ships were destroyed.

(Animals from the gulf have already fled those waters because they know what is coming.)

10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon a third of all rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and a third of all waters became poison; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Nice post. I don't see much biblical prophecy thread that are legit.

J.C.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndGame951
Revelation 8:8-11
8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and a third part of all the sea became blood;
(The oil rig that exploded was in flames and considering the depth of the drill to the top of the rig would be the altitude of a decent sized mountain)
9And a third of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and a third of all ships were destroyed.
(Animals from the gulf have already fled those waters because they know what is coming.)
10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon a third of all rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and a third of all waters became poison; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

EndGame951.....

Exactly!

That's what I always say!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

Revelation 8:11

the name of the star is Wormwood

Nibiru = Wormwood as well.

Additional information

Summer Solstice Jun 21 2010 7:28 AM EDT

Nibiru

In Babylonian astronomy, nibiru (in cuneiform spelled né-bé-ru or ni-bi-rum) is a term of the highest point of the ecliptic, (The point of summer solstice) -- June 21st

en.wikipedia.org...(Babylonian_astronomy)

Nibiru as noted by the babylonians is actually Venus - Also known as Lucifer or the Bright and Morning Star

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/baa8da561251.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07595b15c4f9.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c91375754a3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68ab777f9d5.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

too too good OP. i too believe that revelations are such complicated things that they unfold only after events have passed

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Sure the BP logo may not look like the wormwood plant, but it sure does look like a plant or flower and, arguably, a star.

It does in fact look like a star.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/618855ae7d0a.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join