It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Name of the Star is Wormwood

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm not much on "biblical" references/predictions ... but, I often wonder how we would describe something that is from 2000 year in the future ... especially if we saw it in a "vision". The only things we could relate the vision to would be what we know from today.

People from 2000 years ago didn't harness oil from the Earth. Thus, they wouldn't have known the rivers weren't filled with blood ... but oil. BP's logo does look like a star (or if trying to relate it to something that would have been easily known 2000 years ago – the wormwood flower).

Anyway ... it's an interesting take. I'm not saying I'm buying into the doom and gloom prediction that this is the return of the Antichrist or that Revelations is taking place ... or that I believe ANYTHING at all in the Bible.

But, kudos for the research. F'd & the S.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by problemsolvr
reply to post by SupremeKnowledge

You do know that people read the bible and try to fulfill the prophecies themselves, don't you? Self-Fulfilling Prophecy could be distorted to fulfill individuals or groups plans to fulfill destiny, though do they know of samsara/ourobourous/the past repeating the future/ritual/?

Wow really!?
How could PEOPLE fulfil the remaining Prophecies in the bible? Maybe you should read them and then comment.
There a sect of Muslims however that wants to destroy anyone who is not or will not become Muslim in order to hasten the end of their prophecies.
Now back to topic. If we had a prophetic dream about the future but did not know exactly what it was we saw, I think we would use things we are familiar with to describe the dream.
So if some one (John) saw the BP logo while dreaming on the island of Patmos 2000 years ago the closest thing he probably found to liken it to would be the young wormwood plant.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

You doomers seriously need to make your minds up!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
ats has no hope ... man, thats just shameful and suicidal ...

this threads are the ones that really make this board look that bad

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Maybe the wormwood will look more like the bp logo when the toxic rain starts to fall on it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Son of Will

65 flags???

the BP logo looks exactly like a sunflower

OK let's try it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c91375754a3.jpg[/atsimg]

Sunflower

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/295552447ecc.jpg[/atsimg]

Phenomium said it looks like a Protea

Originally posted by Phenomium

BP logo looks more like a Protea plant if you ask me.

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c91375754a3.jpg[/atsimg]

Now compare the BP logo to the budding flower of the wormwood plant.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd854c3dfe9c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab5fc24ad901.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

Yeah, but to back min up.....they actually have an asses company IN THE GULF called Proteus Pipelines and its on their own website.
Asset Name:** Proteus Oil Pipeline

BP Pipelines (North America) Inc.
Primary Contact: Don Gregor
[email protected]
281-366-7651
(office)
281-658-9392 (mobile)
Asset Description:
– Part of the Mardi Gras Transportation System
– **Provides access to Mississippi Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico

Source Link

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The name of the BP star (logo) is Helios, named after the sun god of ancient Greece, it symbolises energy in all its dynamic forms as a sunburst of green, yellow and white...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

ok - as you are so desperatly attempting to link biblical " prophecy " to the oil spill - lets read revalations again - and pay more attention this time

ex]Revelation 8:11
. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

is oil bitter ?

the isue is that the text quoted does NOT reffer to oceans / seas

the text refers to fresh water .

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Who exactly are the "heritage companies" that "make up BP's global" family?

Does this refer to the "green" eco groups they have been paying off...oops, er, I mean... funding?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i don't think there is enough oil on the whole planet to turn 1/3 of all the waters bitter to be fair

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
No prophecy in the Bible has ever came true.

Really?

Can't say I agree with you on that one.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Religious people don't love disasters. That is a very unfair thing to say.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

You are correct too. The "Aleph-Bet" is the Hebrew letters where there are only 22 of them. Also, they do not have vowels. The scribes are the ones who started using the symbols below the consonants to make a vowel sound. Also, they did not have numbers either. They use the consonants with special characters in front of them to represent a numerical value. I have been learning Hebrew for about a year now. It is a very hard language to learn.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

Actually, Revelation is broken up into three different periods.
Chapters 1-3 are written to the churches during John's time.
Chapters 4-20:1-6 concern the Medieval, Reformation and Modern Churches.
Chapters 20:7-22:5 concerns the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, you are partially correct in saying that Revelation is history. Yes, a third of it is!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Now, I am not saying that I am buying into the whole "BP Logo" thing. I can not see this being a part of a prophecy in Revelation. However, I can absolutely connect this with other prophecies concerning a land of people that have turned from God and judgment is accordingly passed down.

Some people will not agree with me. They do not believe in God. They think they are their own God. Their fate is not good. Sure, they might have a good time in this life, but the ultimate price will be paid in the end.

Their has always been some mercy in the judgments over history. However, Revelation tells us that God will pour out His cup without mixture. That means without mercy; pure wrath. I fear nothing or no one that can harm my body, but I definitely fear anything or anyone that can destroy my spirit!

I know this does not stay inline with the thread topic, but I felt as if I needed to say that.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

ok - as you are so desperatly attempting to link biblical " prophecy " to the oil spill - lets read revalations again - and pay more attention this time

ex]Revelation 8:11
. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

is oil bitter ?

the isue is that the text quoted does NOT reffer to oceans / seas

the text refers to fresh water .

There is talk of a nuclear bomb in the gulf to stop the oil leak. If this is done, what would be the consequences? Bitter water? People dying? What?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
No prophecy in the Bible has ever came true.

Really?

Can't say I agree with you on that one.

I have to say im struggling to think of one prophesy which has come true. The so called prophesies, as has been mentioned before, can easily be twisted and suited to someone's needs.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d7981046910.jpg[/atsimg]

I saw someone post a sunflower...It is suppose to be a sunflower fer cripes

sake. Just remove all the green and you will see the sunflower sitting there.

Where y'all come up with Kabbalistic symbolism et al, I have no clue

logoblink.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hovernator

No it does not refer to that, why? Wormwood was also the name of the nuclear power plant that blew up that was called shernoble* aka wormwood. And all that radiation that was leaked out caused their land and water to become bitter.

I believe this oil gusher in the gulf could I said could refer to Rev. 8:8-9. John was seeing a vision and he could only describe what he thought what it looked like. The mountain being the oil rig on top of the sea, caught on fire and was cast into the sea. And so on...

So if this was the 2nd trumpet....

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. (Rev 8:8-9)

Where was the first?

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up. (Rev. 8:6-7)

[edit on 21-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The book of Revelations is a book of astronomical and astrological data of ancient names for the constellations.

And I saw, and behold a white
horse: and he that sat on him had
a bow; and a crown was given unto
him: and he went forth conquering,
and to conquer. = Jupiter in Sagittarius

And before the throne there was
a sea of glass like unto crystal.
And in the midst of the throne,
and round about the throne were
four beasts full of eyes before and behind.= Four main constellations of
four seasons full of stars before and behind

I think the end of the world was calculated in 13 of March 399 ad.

Any Astronomers in here know the ancient names of constellations can delineate this for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join