It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING VID - Lancashire police arrest Amateur Photographer UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here's a cracker of a video here showing what's happening these days on the Streets in the UK.

What do you all think of this this?

Is it the 'Big Brother Society' that government has implemented over the last few years?

Is it a taste of the 'Orwellian' society that is to come?

Or is it the Police just doing their job?

My thoughts -

I mean the Policewoman clearly says, "I believe you are taking photographs in the Town Centre Sir". Yes, he is, and...........????? Isn't a town centre a common place for photos to be taken?? Whats going on!!!???

Someone stands up to the bully authority and they don't like it.

This video makes me sick. I can't believe the UK police are doing this sort of thing to our citizens. What a sad state our society is in.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Glad they managed to get a maniac like this behind bars
meanwhile drug use, trafficking, prostitution and gang related crime is allowed to run rampant throughout our cities.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
These cops are like Borg Drones...."You will be assimilated, resistance is futile"

I just abhor the fact that Police Officers have lost all semblance of common sense.

"OMG, man with camera, must be a terrorist." - in best cave-woman voice!

They probably get a £20 bonus for any arrest or use of anti terror laws.

Buddy, you got out just in time, S+F matey!

And just for good measure....

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I agree, all the serious crimes that go unpunished and they are wasting their time with an amateur Photographer who seems like a really nice guy!!

Unreal.

reply to kiwifoot

lol...yeh, I think i did get out in time!! Just remember Kiwi, leave your camera at home next time you are in a Town Centre!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Note the blue stripe on the hat

This woman is NOT Police.

She is a Community Support Officer. And DOES NOT have power of arrest. they cannot detain anyone.

They just dress up and pretend to be police.

In the main they should all be arrested themselves for impersonating a police officer.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
And the police are always complaining about how much paper work they have to do. they've just wasted hours of police time over someone taking photos. Meanwhile what other serious crimes are taking place. I really hate these police officers who let the uniform go to their head. Always come across as those that got bullied at school and have a score to settle with the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just finished watching the rest of this.

Everything they said was text book, in order to keep the situation within thr realms of common-law, and not to be identified as "a person" to which the legislation (read company policy) can be enforced upon. where as it does not apply to a man or woman.

Once you give them your name and address. you are recognised as a person of the state, i.e. an employee to which the company rules apply. Without this only commonlaw applies. As legislation is merely policy and NOT law.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Note the blue stripe on the hat

This woman is NOT Police.

She is a Community Support Officer. And DOES NOT have power of arrest. they cannot detain anyone.

They just dress up and pretend to be police.

In the main they should all be arrested themselves for impersonating a police officer.

Well spotted! I guess most people on the street would just think she is a Policewoman, therefore would feel just as scared, threatened by her as they do the real police.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Watching this is madness. It seems like they have made photography one of the nations high crimes and will do anything to stop it. There have been a lot of videos like this over the last year, much like the brutality videos of US police forces. Every nation seems to have a lot of police abusing more and more power of late.

I did find this video also of London Tonight covering this very thing, and even the film crew for the news show was stopped and questioned by the police. Its that out of hand.

My sister is in London right now studying Int'l Law. I certainly hope she didnt take a camera, because I would hate to see her locked up for something so treasonous and damning as taking a photo.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Excellent clip, thanks for posting this wheresthetruth. I don't know about you guys, but it makes me quite angry watching this footage.

I mean where's the common sense approach that's needed? People are having their civil rights infringed upon and what's getting done about it?

Meanwhile, as other posters have said, serious crimes are being comitted and people and evading police for much worse!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This absolutely boils my blood.

The Police have to have reasonable suspicion or proof that you have or are about to commit a crime.
Photography!
This was a clear abuse of police power and is happening more and more as the police begin to believe that they ARE the law.

People need to start standing up to the police every time someting like thisoccurs and either demand their time in court or report it to a lawyer and local news etc.

In my experience the plastic coppers tend to be full of their own imaginary self-importance and due to their arrogance inflame situations to such a point that 'proper' police end up intervening and arresting someone.
They are an absolute disgrace and should be abolished.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
How to enfoce commonlaw

This is GREAT!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
She was a plastic copper..show no respect to her they have no power, yet get £23,000 pay. Whereas special constables have the same powers and equipment as standard police officers and get no pay.

It's a bit worrying though i have to admit.. This wednesday we have the austerity measures announced i foresee greece like riots.

That will prove what level today's police force are at

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well said Freeborn. This sort of thing needs to be filmed, spread around, reported and brought to justice.

What are things going to be like in 5 or 10yrs time?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
All over the place in USSR and similar countries, taking pictures was strictly forbidden in most public places. Even today, this habit persists. And, obviously, as the states feel more and more insecure, it is spreading worldwide.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Wow...I had a look on youtube too and there loads of this stuff. these people know what their doing for sure.

It's funny, the Magistrate etc don't have a clue how to handle it!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Big Brother is alive and well there.. Pity used to enjoy visiting the uk but now will stay far far away from it or any western country due to things like that.. People in china have more freedom now than people in the west..
Am sad to see the uk going down the path to totalanarism and feel sorry for friends stuck there.. Guys do a monte python RUN AWAY ! RUN AWAY !

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Look up a guy called John Harris and the TPUC.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

That was shockingly good video, great to see someone has the balls to stick it up. Also it was good to see the cops remained calm and followed their rules.

Albert

Thanks JakiusFogg

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
How to enfoce commonlaw

This is GREAT!!

That was absolutely brilliant.

Thankyou for that video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>