It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil finally reaches Fort Walton Beach, Florida Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
hello,, take a look at the article in news with views.com, entitled Obama's oil spill, written by Jon Christian Ryter, dated June 19, 2010, seems the president actually refused help from thirteen different countries, the Dutch government offered to loan special ships with oil booms for removing surface oil, three days after the leak, Obama refused. why? Rahm Emanuel is quoted as saying
"never let a crisis go to waste" well worth a read.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

justadood... wanna re-try this statement:

"North Carolina is called the TARHEEL state because the 'native' folk who lived near the beach had OIL on their feet."

disinfo much.... or, Im guessing you like football?...

The way you have used 'native' derails rational thought. Of course 'native' people who live near the beach had oil on their feet - we could see it in the vid! I am native to my land. Are you native to yours? Cos you may very well soon have oil on your feet.

Just the blunt obvious fact that the oil is simply there presents a HUGE F'ING PROBLEM, mate. Think of the fisherman and fishing industry, local businesses/merchants, etc. clean-up, crowd control, noxious gases (especially from the use of COREXIT) plus more concerning will be the indirect and unforseeable complications. And as silly as the phrase is but, "isn't it hurricane season?..."

And if I may,

Originally posted by Elieser
The people on the beach probably had no idea that this was going to happen, maybe now those that were oblivious to what was going on will finally see what we have been saying here.
But don't worry, we can swim in that water, the cleaning crews do not wear masks and we can eat the fish from those waters, it is not toxic at all, no one has told them not to go in the water. Obama would go in the water and eat the fish, so should you. (sarcasm)

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

HAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So justadood, I lived there for 16 years and "just lounging on the beach" is the source for A WHOLE LOTTA JOBS down there. I've got friends there whose entire families are dependent on people coming to the beaches to just lounge around. I live in LA now and have friends who depend on the gulf for a living here too, but don't disregard the impact it has on leisure time elsewhere. Leisure time is their bread and butter there.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
hello,, take a look at the article in news with views.com, entitled Obama's oil spill, written by Jon Christian Ryter, dated June 19, 2010, seems the president actually refused help from thirteen different countries, the Dutch government offered to loan special ships with oil booms for removing surface oil, three days after the leak, Obama refused. why? Rahm Emanuel is quoted as saying
"never let a crisis go to waste" well worth a read.

I have a theory on that.
Would you go shoveling in a blizzard or wait until the blizzard was over?

Perhaps Obama knows, or was informed, this isn't something that will be fixed in a week or a month or even a year and accepting aid at this point is useless. Perhaps if this was a spill and not a gusher of a leak that would be a different story.

Just a theory though and doesn't really excuse him from denying help or at least explaining why it was denied.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Its almost too hard to even watch. I LOVE the panhandle and all of it's beautiful beaches. It's like a nightmare. Seeing this is like living in a nightmare. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to get over this and I don't think I'm alone.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This really makes my stomach churn

It makes me really sad that my kids will not be able to experience going to beach and swimming in the same water that I swam in when I was a kid. This is horrible and I honestly feel hopeless

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by astronomine
I have relatives in Florida. Where are the warnings or preventive measures? If this video is recent, where are the floating devices that would have at least caught some surface oil? Something could have been put in place in the months that it took to get to FL coasts...

I live off on of the beaches down here on the gulf coast. Its nasty. Your question was. Why don't they put boom up to catch the surface oil? Simple, you see a normal day starts out flat. Then during the day the winds usualy shift and the waves increase. Boom dosn't do any good if its wavy. The oil just splashes over the booms, there worthless. Plus we have BP to thank for spraying all that toxic crap in the water. So most of the oil is under the water. Which goes right under booms. Its like an icebrg. Only 10% of an iceberg is above the water the other 90% is below the waterline. So Bp & the goverments idea is not put boom along the beaches, becauese they know it won't do a damn bit of good. Oh and the stupid boom didn't do any good keeping the oil out of the wetlands. The bays, the boyou's. The oil just came in under the booms.

And still the pipe is gushing untold amounts into the gulf...
One thing I know for certain in 2 years when all this politicians want YOUR vote. No one from the gulf coast is going to vote for these vile politicians that sat on thre collective butts and waited too damn long to do anything..

Would like to throw tony hayward into the gulf water and let him swim in it.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
i am from and live in the tarheel state of north carolina and you are dead wrong about etymology of tarheel nick name. because turpentine and tremendous amounts of tarpitch made from pine trees. it was also used during civil war because troops from nc were known to hold there ground like they had tar on there heels. i have never seen oil of any kind wash up on our beaches and during summer i go there once a weekend for photoshoots.yes water with oil is bad for sea life but also for tourism. if i was staying at that hotel you better believe i would be leaving and asking for a refund. and if it washes up on my coast anytime i will ask for compensation because it will kill my side business. nobody is going to want photosets of wifes and children playing in oil

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Come X-mas 2010 when every beach in the Gulf and all the up the Atlantic side having oil on them people will start to wake up.

Out of sight, out of mind for the most part.

Sometimes people have to be up to their arse's in Alligators, before they think to drain the swamp.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
From there, it wont be long until the entire western beachfront of Florida is covered in the sludge. Just wait until it reaches the areas that the movie stars like to hang out. Then they will be screaming at the top of their lungs, as if this were a new revelation and how could it happen to them. Just wait until their luxury yachts are dripping with this stuff and they will speak out and put their collective influence behind getting something done.

yeah reeally or they just buy a new house
???????
3rd line

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by astronomine
I have relatives in Florida. Where are the warnings or preventive measures? If this video is recent, where are the floating devices that would have at least caught some surface oil? Something could have been put in place in the months that it took to get to FL coasts...
if u followed ats or my earlier threads
u would have plenty of warning
i ll give u another one
this is just the beginning
expext a MAJOR tsunami
wake the f up
the thruth cant be hid much longer

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

2 bad the goverment has been planning 4 major uprise of the people 4 years now
they made this spill because they are ready 4 people getting angry
the camps are 2
havent u noticed as if they are trying 2 get u (us) mad

all of u who now think wow this is bad , im going 2 do somthing now

u are sadly 2 late

[edit on 21-6-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Living on the Gulf Coast its actually a daily conversation about when its going to come ashore. Fortunately for me and the area I live in its expected to be a while unless a major storm hits the gulf and drives it home. But I honestly cant believe that this story hasnt driven all of those celebrities who are so for the enviroment to do all those helpfull benefits that they like to do oversea's whenever something happens. Oh wait, actually not suprissed in the least bit.

I can tell you one thing, im going to be enjoying the beautiful landscapes and the wonderful pastime of fishing and harvesting the fish from the Gulf this summer, legal size or not. The area Im in (just west of Tampa) isnt expected to get any oil until at least this winter (provided no hurricanes) when the cold fronts come thru to push the oil thru the loop current. By then it will be too late and all that seafood that Obama says is okay to eat definately wont be around here. Its still ok if its harvested just off shore around here being that the oil is like 150 miles off the coast, but I would be damned if I actually bought the stuff from a store, no telling where they got it. Was actually out yesterday in some grass flats and saw a shrimp boat that didnt go past the horizon all day. To me that is almost unheard of. Usually you see them go out pretty far and he wasnt but a couple miles off the coast all day.

As far as the rest of the country waking up to this, I dont predict that it will happen for a bit. All of the local people that lost their jobs are still sticking around here and some of them are being enlisted in converting their boats to oil skimmers and boom layers and such in order to make a buck. Its when those same people (hundreds of thousands) start to go elsewhere to look for work and start making the economies of other states worse is when I predict the rest of the nation will wake up a bit. Or the oil finally gets around Florida and rides up the east coast and actually hits their beaches. But that will be hard as the current is well off the mainland and the cold fronts that we get usually push from west to east more often then not which would push it even farther out in the Atlantic. I honestly hope it hits NYC and Washington just to wake everybody up and maybe we will finally get the thing to stop leaking. I dont see them drilling a second well that deep as going to be the solution to the problem when its now only the second time they did so and the first time resulted in such a failure. I just see this stuff getting worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Hmmm looks like someone is on BP's payroll. The join date doesn't help either, just in time to disinfo...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It really is a nightmare unfolding in slow motion. The one lady in the video mentioned the oil coming on the beach right in front of their hotel. Wonder how many of those beachgoers were vacationers, and how many turned around and demanded refunds from their hotels? The tourism industry in the gulf states will be destroyed.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeyipes
It really is a nightmare unfolding in slow motion. The one lady in the video mentioned the oil coming on the beach right in front of their hotel. Wonder how many of those beachgoers were vacationers, and how many turned around and demanded refunds from their hotels? The tourism industry in the gulf states will be destroyed.

Not "will be destroyed" but is destroyed. There are several places that get booked up during this season (scallop season) that have gone from completely booked to empty allready. Some of those small towns, this the only time of year that they make any money from the tourism. You might as well put a fork in them now.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That looks like it is all dispersed oil. Small little clumps that are carried more quickly by the current then undispersed oil slicks. I guess BP wasn't patient enough to let nature do the spreading for them, they wanted to speed up the process.

They know very well that Americans are very slow to anger but when the anger arises fully it will be absolute.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree completely that it has to affect the wealthy before we see anything happen. I'm in Cape Coral/Fort Myers area myself. Once it hits down here and also Bonita and Naples, then we'll see some outrage.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
I call HOAX
Nothing to see here.
This happens every season.
It's actually HARP
It's a FUNGUS
It's Nuburu.
It's not really leaking.
The engineers from the oil rig testified in Congress as to what happened, and why.

you forgot to mention 2012.. hihi

[edit on 21-6-2010 by ressiv]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join