It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil finally reaches Fort Walton Beach, Florida Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thanks a lot BP... WHERE ARE THE CLEANING CREWS? And isn't this toxic? They should close this beach resort...

Something must be done.

Fort Walton Beach is north east of Florida.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
From there, it wont be long until the entire western beachfront of Florida is covered in the sludge. Just wait until it reaches the areas that the movie stars like to hang out. Then they will be screaming at the top of their lungs, as if this were a new revelation and how could it happen to them. Just wait until their luxury yachts are dripping with this stuff and they will speak out and put their collective influence behind getting something done.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The people on the beach probably had no idea that this was going to happen, maybe now those that were oblivious to what was going on will finally see what we have been saying here.
But don't worry, we can swim in that water, the cleaning crews do not wear masks and we can eat the fish from those waters, it is not toxic at all, no one has told them not to go in the water. Obama would go in the water and eat the fish, so should you. (sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just terrible....
......absolutely terrible

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
OMG this is truly disgusting .. I don' live down there but my auncle and cousins do ... Thanks BP for this disaster!!!!!!

I think we all should protest the closing of all BP service stations untill this is resolved why should they be allowed an income when others have to suffer our fisher men are with out jobs!!! .. Once again people Lets do something about this .. need to stand up against this giant monster and insist on some justice !!!!!!! Organize through your local human rights groups in your area ..... This is getting out of control.. I'm sorry but this is the attitude I have when people neglect our mother earth
Chi Migwitch Roxy

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have relatives in Florida. Where are the warnings or preventive measures? If this video is recent, where are the floating devices that would have at least caught some surface oil? Something could have been put in place in the months that it took to get to FL coasts...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
this is crazy! Its one thing to hear about this oil spill and the damage it will cause, but its totally different to see it happening. That video will be NOTHING compared to what we will see in the coming weeks. i can promise you all that. There needs to be some kind of response team that can be called in to clear out the area and start cleaning it up. Apparently thats to difficult for BP to do though. Can anyone tell me why BP is still in charge of anything down there in the Gulf?

*edit to add - this needs to be on the front page to show all those people who say "its just an oil spill, no big deal, blah blah blah" that it really is a big deal. FLAG this thread people!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
this is crazy! Its one thing to hear about this oil spill and the damage it will cause, but its totally different to see it happening. That video will be NOTHING compared to what we will see in the coming weeks. i can promise you all that. There needs to be some kind of response team that can be called in to clear out the area and start cleaning it up. Apparently thats to difficult for BP to do though. Can anyone tell me why BP is still in charge of anything down there in the Gulf?

*edit to add - this needs to be on the front page to show all those people who say "its just an oil spill, no big deal, blah blah blah" that it really is a big deal. FLAG this thread people!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

Yes, this is a BIG DEAL. But it washing up on the shores of a resort beach does not make it a BID DEAL. it's the massive plumes suspended under water for miles that are the bIG DEAL because they are killing sea life.

people get worked up about oil on the beach because it means they cant lounge on the beach. but by the time it gets there, its essentially harmless. Just having oil in the water or on the beach is not necessarily a BI DEAL. Oil, albeit in MUCH smaller amounts, has been seeping into all the oceans sincew the dawn of time. North Carolina is called the TARHEEL state because the 'native' folk who lived near the beach had OIL on their feet.

Yes, this is bad. No, this is not the end of the world (yet).

stop screaming like chicken little until you actually research the facts. hysteria does nothing but empower fear. Ge the facts.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

What about the chemicals used to disperse the oil?
Those are safe for us to splash in and breathe, right?
Are we supposed to assume that the chemicals just stayed were they were dispersed and it did not travel just like the oil did?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

no one is screaming like chicken little partner. and this is florida, not north carolina, I have been to the beaches in florida yearly and have never seen anythng like what is posted in the op video.

yes oil leaks naturally, I think most of us know that, but this is waaaaayyy bigger than some small natural oil leaks. add in the toxic chemicals being used and I think we have a recipe for disaster and one hell of a reason to be extremely worried. thereis nothing you can tell me that will make me think any diffferent.

get my facts together? didn't you see the video? that's what I'm freaked out about, I didn't make any other claims except it will get much worse, which is pretty evident considering how much oil is out there. I'm not putting any more importance on the oil on top of the water vs the large plumes beneath. I just think people should see the oil hitting the shorem sometimes its more effective than just watching it leak from the well.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I call HOAX
Nothing to see here.
This happens every season.
It's actually HARP
It's a FUNGUS
It's Nuburu.
It's not really leaking.
The engineers from the oil rig testified in Congress as to what happened, and why.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Everyone is blaming BP for this....why don't we all admit who is really behind this...think outside the box pple...christ!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ufomechanic

Holy cow... Christ is behind this?

Who woulda thunk it!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
While this is bad, I thought it was way worse when I read in the OP that Fort Walton Beach was north EAST of Florida.

After checking my map, I see it's actually north WEST of Florida...or in north west Florida, whichever you prefer.

I thought at first the oil had made it into the Atlantic and somehow I missed it.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by BRQuick]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can't stand it. I grew up on Ft Walton Beach and Panama City Beach, after moving to GA we still spent our summer vacations in Ft Walton, I love Marina Bay Resort, seeing it's shores like this break my heart. And my feelings are sooooo the least of what to worry about where the leak is concerned, yet it feels important to me to say, I am grossly sad.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think we need to hurry up and end this moratorium and quickly expand our offshore drilling! God forbid that we should starve our materialistic addictions for one second. Lets hurry up and get more drugs in this junkie called mankind, and lets hurry up and finish soiling this baby diaper we call earth. After all, the earth is OUR sand box to spoil and ruin for our own hedonistic pleasures - the hell with our fellow passengers in the animal kingdom.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Thanks a lot BP... WHERE ARE THE CLEANING CREWS? And isn't this toxic? They should close this beach resort...

Something must be done.

Fort Walton Beach is north east of Florida.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

Now finally people will get angry. Now this oil is not just on their tv screen but on their beaches people will get very angry. Resort hotels will lose money and possibly close this year once word gets out that their beaches are unusable due to the oil. It will be even worse after its been coming ashore fore a month or two.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Check this video out. The guy interviewing reminds me of the Mayor on Jaws ( the beaches and sea are safe to swim in)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Yes your post is most correct. Wait until it starts to affect those that have the money (power).

This is only the beginning.

Both Fossil fuel (oil) and nuclear are "dirty" and dangerous forms of energy, we all need to demand "clean" energy.

We cannot keep going on like this.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Where are all the people who say this is not a big deal...that oil always leaks and tarballs always come ashore and we're a bunch of over-reactors? Now, question. Isn't it the Corexit that turns the crude oil into tarballs, which this appears to be? So what's on the beach here is not only the oil but residue from the chemical soup?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join