It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One dead, one missing after explosion in north Edmonton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

One dead, one missing after explosion in north Edmonton

edmonton.ctv.ca

Fire officials confirm a massive blast that rocked a north Edmonton neighbourhood at 1:15 p.m. Sunday was fatal, with at least one life lost. They also say another person has not been unaccounted for and four people were rushed to hospital with unknown injuries.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.inews880.com
edmonton.ctv.ca
www.edmontonsun.com

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They suspect that it could be a meth lab. I just hope if thats the case that nobody innocent was killed.

"Military officials, police officers, emergency services, and multiple fire trucks have completely blocked off road access to the area of Lakeview. The perimeter in the immediate vicinity of the blast has been completely cordoned off. ETS is presently on scene providing people water."

edmonton.ctv.ca

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

They suspect that it could be a meth lab. I just hope if thats the case that nobody innocent was killed.

"Military officials, police officers, emergency services, and multiple fire trucks have completely blocked off road access to the area of Lakeview. The perimeter in the immediate vicinity of the blast has been completely cordoned off. ETS is presently on scene providing people water."

edmonton.ctv.ca

I live not too far from where this explosion took place although I was not at home at the time. The neighborhood looks like a warzone, the house is completely destroyed as are the 2 neighboring houses and debris is scattered well over 2 city blocks.
The police aren't saying too much at this point, there was mention of a meth lab but no traces of any chemicals have been detected thus far.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Could it have been from gas?

Mybe propane?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just saw it on Global News. They are saying they don't think it was anything illegal.

Onequestion, you are probably right. I have heard of natural gas explosions before in houses, and you end up with a pile of toothpicks.
Propane, also could be.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Just seen that as well. They said there is no evidence of it being a meth lab. Very strange in deed.

www.globaltvedmonton.com...

There's a video of the carnage on Global news. The explosion even left a crater. Also, 15 houses are damaged with their foundations moved. Thats quite extensive.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A gas explosion makes sense with a crater, seeings it often comes in from under the house. Lightning struck a gas line going into a house in the Okanagan a few years ago and the result was the same. Toothpicks left.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My main question would be who were the victims? There are many "strange" accidents that kill people in opposition to TPTB. It could also simply be an accident. I wouldn't trust much of what Canadian police or RCMP say.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is some rumblings on local radio stations and the news mentioning that one former miltary and current police officer on site thinks it could be a bomb assembly that went wrong. The 18 year old citizen that rescued the mother and her son in the adjacent house mentioned the house was up for sale. I heard that on 630 CHEDD radio. They also talked about some of the debris reaching a mile away. Four people are now confirmed dead.

Last year there was a welding shop that exploded near my house and it did far less damage than this house explosion so it makes me kinda wonder. The welding shop had two vehicles that exploded along with a couple propane/oxygen/acetylene tanks.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Could be a murder?

Update here: ca.news.yahoo.com...

"Two of the victims lived next door to the house that exploded. Friends and family have identified them as Brad Winter, 26, and Craig Huber, 30. The other two victims have not been named.

Autopsies on all four individuals were completed on Wednesday but police said they wouldn't be releasing any new information. They also are not confirming or denying reports a woman's body was found bound and wrapped at the house.

Police have called the deaths suspicious and homicide detectives were called in to conduct the investigation."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think if the explosion was severe enough to move the houses on thier foundations surrounding the initial explosion, then two things need to happen , and bloody quickly at that. First, the owners/residents in the effected buildings need to get a survey done to find out to what degree thier houses may be in danger of structural failiure in time to come. The last thing you need is for your roof to come down on your head while you sleep. Second, the gas mainline to the entire area needs examining , and I really mean every last foot of pipe, leading to every building. This sort of thing is what causes gas main fractures, so making sure that every foot of pipe is as solid as the day it was laid, would be a priority in my opinion.
With regard to the cause of the blast, this is very simple. By examining the frag pattern of the buildings remains, and the damage done to surrounding buildings any good investigative team would be able to figure out what kind of explosion it was. If they havent figured that out within about a week, then they are either doing it wrong, or have something to hide.

new topics

top topics

join