It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube UFO - what is it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
definitely looks like a helicopter with the tail light at the end. Why the lights tho. . . who knows.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I say you got in the ditch and you called a toe truck...and you got a brand new camera but you didnt learn how to focus yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Interesting video. My first thoughts were helicopter but then, if it is, those lights are pretty huge. Check the end of the video for the size of the street lamps bulbs that are relatively close to the camera and then look back to the light as it appears. Even with the zoom on full that seems to me to be a pretty large *object*. Given that I'm not wholly sure it is a helicopter at all.

As synchronicity would have it, i have just watched a helicopter fly past, in the distance, in the half light of Solstice sunrise. The strobe/flashing light is very definitely white and there should be a red navigation light apparent?What's more the flashing light was way way brighter than any of the other lights on the craft. on this one, the flashing light is not as bright as the *steady* one.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well heres my theory.

The twinkling and multi-colored effects of the main lights are all artifacts of the camera. Bet the camera is video of some sort. and all video does this when trying to focus on a bright lights. the camera gets confused and sorta flashes through the spectrum in the bright lights. So we can easily discount that effect as any real factor in it being a UFO.

To me it looks like a plane or chopper coming either on approach to an airstrip (plane) or a chopper hovering looking for a suspect and then flying off afterwards. would explain to some degree the bright light on the front. THe landing lights on a plane especially if close together could easily appear to be only one light. heck maybe it's a relatively small plane and it only hase one landing light on the front landing strut.

But it's in my opinion one of those two explanations.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The funny thing is, as i watched the helicopter minutes ago. I thought to myself. I should have videoed this on my phone and stuck it up on ATS as one of the "controls" for *strange lights in the sky*. I'm about 80-20 for it being a chopper, but there is a nagging doubt, i have to admit.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

You're right...mea culpa...

Edited to add: You obviously didn't watch the whole Youtube Video (the light moves off).

Watched it to the zoom-back at about 00:45, made it look like a planet.

Jumped out on it too early, based on short view...oh, well. Better luck next time...

PS...( WHEN are people going to stop videoing airplanes and helicopters, and posting them on YT??
)

Should there be an International Standard implemented, a license requirement, before you can buy a camera??

[edit on 21 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Don't know about this first one, it certainly looks like a plane coming directly towards the camera, the colours I'm sure are camera created but when the object turned away from the camera making the front lights appear to dim I sort of expected to see some body mass of a plane or chopper.

The second video was planes or choppers most definitely, you could tell by two of them doing a standard just taking off elevation, the only weird thing was that the planes that were obvious just taking off ones went from right to left but the incoming lights then appeared to turn away from the airport which seems to be to the right?

Isn't that a bit odd?

Surely you don't merge incoming and out going air traffic and why would a plane seemingly coming towards an airport suddenly seem to flay away at the last minute?

If it needed time to lower itself it seems a much more normal idea to make it arc out o the right in then come in straight. Even allowing for multiple take off and landing strips you would not normally have another plane fly over the top of a taking off plane?

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

...but the incoming lights then appeared to turn away from the airport which seems to be to the right?

Firstly, it is a mistake in assuming you know where the airport in question actually is, in relation to the videographer's postion.

Isn't that a bit odd?

So, no...not at all.

.... why would a plane seemingly coming towards an airport suddenly seem to flay away at the last minute?

Again...don't know where the airport is. I watched, from the begining to its turn (this time) and looked to me what I'd expect if the airplane were merely flying a long Downwind leg (that's parallel to the landing runway, opposite landing direction) then turned left (viewer's right) on the Base leg...perfectly normal, IF the airport was located somewhere off to the viewer's right, and well in the distance.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sheremetyevo International Airport is some 19 miles North west of Moscow.

Domodedovo International Airport is even further than that and South East of the City centre.

Vnukovo Airport is the closest to the centre and that is still 17 miles and South West of the City centre.

Moscow, AFAIK, has an absolutely no fly zone covering the entire city limits Just maybe, the person filmed this as unusual, because there is no air traffic, anything like that low under normal circumstances, over the area they live in?

Would be nice to know what area of the City this was filmed from as that would aid the analysis big time.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... Myachkovo Airport is apparently where light aircraft and helicopters are most likely to be seen around and use for landing and take offs.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
so, i'm the only one that thinks it's a fake....
just because the colors were so vivid and distinct from the surrounding sky color, there should have been less contrast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join