It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tankthinker

I'd be more than happy to help you in your efforts TankThinker!
Just tell me what you need me to do...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am one such person with abilities and experiences that I am afraid to open up about because of fear of being different from others. Most of these abilities come and go but there are certain abilities that won't stop. All of my abilities manifested when I was younger and they have affected me most of my life because I am unable to control when and if they manifest. When I was young I annoyed people a lot because I was able to know what they were gonna say before they said anything to me. It was almost as if the person was talking to me even though they weren't speaking to me at all. When phones still had long cords that could span entire houses I had this weird ability to be able wrap the phone cord around my head and like a receiver listen in to what the person was saying on the other line.. This annoyed my mother because she said every time I did it she would get interference on the phone and barely be able to make out what the other person was saying, but when I would removed the line from my head the interference would stop. Like I said before these abilities come and go. This is the first time I have ever opened up about his and I am really nervous just sending this post.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here's my slant.

Everyone has at least one of what I call "useless super powers." Everyone; they might not know it but they have one.

Mine? I can be reading a book and have to pause for whatever reason (kid screaming, wife angry) and close said book without dog-earing or bookmarking the page. Later when I finally get time to dive back into the story I open the book.... to the exact page I was at. I begin reading... at the paragraph I left off on. I always back up to make sure I'm not missing something but every time I do I find that "Nope, read that, superpower works again!"

My second one (and yes most people have a few) is that if someone drops something off of a table in my direction, I WILL catch it, no matter how unlikely. I always laugh and say I have cat-like reflexes but it really does happen a lot.

I encourage you to look at your everyday life and find your useless superpower(s).

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassie Clay
Websurfer,
Thank you for the link, this is a very fascinating website. It's going to take me a while to absorb it.
Have you ever read the sci-fi novella "Re-Birth" by John Wyndham? It discusses a lot of the things I brought up in my post & that are discussed on the site you linked. Especially this: "Re-Birth" is about a small group of young telepaths who form a psychic link with each other & start a little community. To turns out that the home-base for the big community of telepaths is in: New Zealand--which is, if the web address is any indication, is where that site is located out of. In fact, the more I read the site, the more this is just like that novella. Which is not to say that I think this is just some group basing itself on a sci-fi story--no, when I read "Re-Birth" I recognized it as a very future-thinking, perhaps even intentionally or unintentionally psychic projection. Very interesting--thanks again!

Cassie, it looks like you may still be here after 2004, seeing as your profile is pretty decorated. Could you link me to the link? I don't see it in this guys signature anymore.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I firmly know that people with abilities are out there. I don't think it's increased with time, though. I think it's actually decreased with time when you look at the legends of how the world used to work universally, ages ago. I think that people, collectively, have lost a massive amount of power and knowledge. Perhaps now, we're working on making up for the deficit.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassie Clay

My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?

According to Etymology; Psychokinesis, in Greek, literally means the movement of the mind, soul, spirit, or breath. While Telekinesis deals with the distance known spirit, mind, etc.. moves. Also, known existents was coined in 1914 by a man named Henry Holt. It was written in the book known as, On the Cosmic Relations. Used in 1934 by J.B. Rhine to see if a person could influence, this, "roll of the dice." Here's a Link

2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?

Do you have proof in any of these powers ? If so, where?

3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?

Everything should be taken seriously. Well, question everything is a good way to put it.

4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

Same of mind, same of heart. We're all connected. You can say, like a family. Maybe others need this type of influence in their life because as they were a child, had no acceptance from others. They felt alone and miserable. Then when something like happens, they begin to question the entire core foundation on how they were raised. Doesn't sound very happy, right? Alas, we are at the mere 25! More is to come! Keep questioning everything!

I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.
Very much indeed.
edit on 5262015 by ExternalForces because: (no reason given)

edit on 5262015 by ExternalForces because: color coding and error

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: blizzard12
Telepathy, telekinesis, whatever, it all exists. Studies show that humans only use about 10% of their brain's capacity (although some people don't agree with that). That means that we have yet to evolve our brains. People just don't believe in telepathy, etc. because there's very limited evidence, although there IS evidence. Imagine, for a second, a person who is blind. They wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what anything would look like, they would compare the colour red to the sound of a guitar or any other sound.
So, people who don't have telepathy would have no idea what it would be like, and since almost everyone on Earth doesn't have telepathy, they simply go with the majority and say it's impossible. I'm not saying to go and change your mind if you don't believe in telepathy, believe in whatever you want. Just remember with enough time, nothing is impossible.

Just here to inform

We use about 100 percent of our brain.

edit on 1-7-2015 by THEatsking because: c

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassie Clay

1) I don't know
2) I don't know
3) I don't know

4) I believe moral majority interests should ban together,
Scrying for self righteous or malicious attempts to censor or shut down the movement,
So as to militarily defend its evolution.

(post by Atorias removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

Just love to read this. Agree.
I'm a slight 'autist' also have some abilitys but what's really interesting That heavy autist known to be so much smart er Then us, really can break a window with the energy they create when there mad. Always trying to expand my knowledge, and trying, learn to use more %. I hope you do to.We're created to being able to

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In the future we will all have super powers and be able to create new ones according to our desires.

Intelligent design of oneself is comming it may be a ways off but its on the way.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Ofcourse we did it once we can do it again

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammie007
a reply to: THEatsking

Just love to read this. Agree.
I'm a slight 'autist' also have some abilitys but what's really interesting That heavy autist known to be so much smart er Then us, really can break a window with the energy they create when there mad. Always trying to expand my knowledge, and trying, learn to use more %. I hope you do to.We're created to being able to

no offense but I worked almost exclusively with Autistic people for many years, in home settings and medical settings and never ever observed anything of what you said.....

I agree that many Autistic and Aspergers diagnosed people are brilliant in many ways, musically, art, mathematics, savantish....

But still I have never ever seen any evidence of what you just spoke of

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I did. Also my ex landlord who has www.aura-oasis.be can make things happen. Some explaineble with science and energy but some don't . I worked in e heide. Wich is also such cent re. That's were I was stunned by it.
You don't have to be lieve me not at all. I only do to believe what I see.

But a question for you. I always wondered in psychic clinics, they didn't hear voices. After drugs they did. Is it possible to go so deep in your subconcionsness That you hear stuff That belongs to other lower or high er frequentys? You think drugs can cause that?
Just want your opinion on that

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammie007

I did. Also my ex landlord who has www.aura-oasis.be can make things happen. Some explaineble with science and energy but some don't . I worked in e heide. Wich is also such cent re. That's were I was stunned by it.
You don't have to be lieve me not at all. I only do to believe what I see.

But a question for you. I always wondered in psychic clinics, they didn't hear voices. After drugs they did. Is it possible to go so deep in your subconcionsness That you hear stuff That belongs to other lower or high er frequentys? You think drugs can cause that?
Just want your opinion on that

I suppose you could, I do meditation quite often and often times i hear things, I suppose what exactly it is , is up to any debate.

I do believe absolutely that drugs can cause that, in fact , ive had quite a few Autistic children that did NOT have that issue, and then after bringing them home from extended stays at various facilities where , i later learned they did administer drugs, they DID have auditory or visual hallucinations, at least till the drugs left their system....

Im not a physician by any means, but indeed I do

My brother for example took chantix to stop smoking when it came out, other than cigarettes, the man never did a drug or even drank......

2 weeks after starting his regimen he was seeing things and hearing things that werent there, he was having dreams so vivid and so awful that he told me at one point that sometimes he couldnt tell when he was dreaming and when he was not....

I begged him to get off them, but he was so determined to quit he wouldnt, 2 months later he shot himself......

This was a man that was never depressed, things were going great, in fact he was on his way to getting a substantial raise and him and his wife were buying a new house, and planning another child......

Drugs can be very very dangerous

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Damn tragic story sry.
They do are dangerous.
But the stuff That you hear during your meditation. Yup hear the birds better or listening to the wind ... mother nature better or something else you can't place. Don't need to know what. Just if it was known by you.

Meditation he. Nice of you
also have questions about that but going to leave it out of it here

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassie Clay

all powers are possible. nothing is impossible.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I knew a man that could communicate with his mother via telepathy. He could also do a form of mind control and suggestion. He was also psychic and predicted his own death the night it happened. He was hit by a drunk driver. He had been trained by his mother to do these things. His brother did not have any abilities. He was a navy guy. But kept his abilities from other people. In his opinion some people are born with those abilities.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Is it true that an event can never be duplicated? How, if that is true can we create a Template or perfect thought which Teilhard de Chardin spoke about? In the thought expressed about the Observer of the Observed by Bucky Fuller do we find design consciousness affecting each part being observed in a manner not unlike Heisenberg included in his Observer Principle or what causes energy and matter to disappear due to measuring such as the Australia University people just observed when reducing light to particle and/or wave?

There is a fundamental error in separating the parts from the whole, the mistake of atomizing what should not be atomized. Unity and complementarity constitute reality.

— Werner Heisenberg

Can you truly have a soul mate if you and your loved one are changing, growing and knowing more about yourself and the Self? Or should I say how can you have a soul mate if you are not both changing and growing according to the same design inputs? Wouldn't it be wonderful to spend time with all the synchronous forces affecting each of your 'carass' type of relational experience with people. Kurt Vonnegut created the word carass from 'caring' and a 'morass' which becomes what most relationships are - not just a rut - a real morass. What are those synchronous forces? I cannot simply label them as g-d or a similar word if I hope to know more than Jung who does something akin to that according to his interpreters. I do think he and I would agree words limit our ability to conceive what we DO and how every action has an effect though not always equal or opposite. I would love to know more about the vectors of energy design in Bucky's vision of sacred geometry and yet I would also love a moment alone with a person who does not want to know any of this. Trust unites a soul more than the Bodhisattva quest. A Rishi contemplating his navel might 'see' more than a logician like myself who waffles or wavers looking for a place to land.

"All things come out of the one and the one out of all things." - Heraclitus

Ah yes, Zeno's Paradox and Lynds who Wheeler supported even though Lynds had no sheep fool-owing him or the skin of sheep to prove he was right. Is there a point I am making? Is it possible to make a point with mere words? The continuum of energy from hot to cold or good to bad never stays static. Does the Oroborous snake or dragon ever eat it's tail? Can that snake ever wear a high hat and crawl under a rat's penis? Is Bohr right about a great truth having an opposite which is also true? There are an infinite number of possibilities and our science has tried to cram them into constants.

If energy is in thoughts as I do think - and it coalesces with like energy - you have synchronous effects which can affect outcomes also including different energy.

In that simple sentence is the egis of a true New World Order IF (a big word) WE (another big word) can regain control of the World Mind through the 'creative realization' of our collective (Jung and Bucky) thought effort.

designconsciousness.blogspot....hronicity.html...

Please listen to Arthur C. Clarke talking about his friend Bucky with a reverence seldom heard outside the 'Groupie' colony.

witnify.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: darklanser
I knew a guy in high school who could somehow get people to not notice him. I'm not saying he was physically invisible, just highly unnoticable. I'm serious. I saw him do it on many occasions. I don't know how. He said it was just the way you project yourself in a crowd.

I guess his super-hero name would be, [color=999999]Not-There Man.

I think I have some insight to that, could be some sort of reverse synchronicity and maybe the ability to shut off/turn on his emotions/feelings. If its shut off then then he could be cold, but if its on then maybe he has a high empathy and can sense other people around. I have seen synchronicity before, actually alot in music. But in life, usually the synchronicity sort of works like a master of time, the person with the gift can either start random events and coincidences to occur like myself, quick example, you know when you look at someone and they FEEL you looking, so then they look straight at you, even though you didn't make yourself known? we I have...or in your guys case he can tune in and tune out of other peoples perception/senses etc; so he knows someway to block his emotions from reaching another persons senses, a disconnection. I wish I could do that.

Anyways another ability I know of is controlling electricity or computers, Im not exactly sure how it works so thats probably why I haven't been able to hone it but somethen times when I go manic, my energy pours out and it overloads the computer.

Also I seen who I think was Kali (yes the same one who apparently possesses Miley Cyrus, but I try not to pay attention to pop music especially how my mind is) in my life, at least I think it was her, she possessed a girl, fading of an cigarette ashlike face, projected that ash face on a girl in there and then copied the girls actions when she went into the shower and synchronised the exiting from the bathroom in front of me, she then telepathically talked to me and showed me her telekinetic skills with a bag locked in a glass tv cabinet, then she done these weird hand motions and I freaked out.

oh and about the slowing of time for athletes, I guess the closest thing we know about it scientifically is adrenaline, Ive played sport before and when you get in the zone you might block off the outside world of the game and get in your element, therefore focusing and foreseeing the action before it happens, you can hone in/tune in to a particular person playing and have a good idea of what they are going to do, this normally happens when you are confident and comfortable when the adrenaline is coursing through you, example during a school game of rugby I was able to get really good at taking people down, the moments before impact I could calculate and see the subtle motions in the opponents movement and take them down, but for offense I didn't know how to control and be comfortable with my adrenaline, so Id just run into them as hard as I can to injure them as much as I could so they would be less likely to tackle me. Another example is during basketball, Im not much of a sport person, but when I get into the zone I can do things that even amaze me, like stealing the ball constantly off a person who played in league and marking the ball in kick to kick (slow motion)

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join