It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
With respect to any supposed powers I could claim to be in possession and command of, myself, apart from human skills to which we each have our own inclinations and developed aptitudes, the only thing that stands out is my memory--it startles all I encounter; I uncannily recall all my conversations and interactions with people, verbatim, and it quite astonishes those I've just recounted their very words, weeks, months, sometimes years after the fact, back to. They will initially doubt or deny saying something (whether trivial or complex and controversial), and I can calmly "replay" the entire conversation, my side and theirs, aloud, and they retract their doubt, often ending with: "Yeah, you're right, I did say that. Man, your memory's insane." Apart from conversations, faces, numbers, and names, I seem to remember, generally, very potently, sounds, experiences, images, linguistic components. But I would not call this a "super power"--simply a finely-tuned commitment to pay attention and good retention, though it never ceases to put people at initial unease. I very rarely make an effort to "remember" something when I first encounter it, so that is somewhat unusual that my memory is so reliable with such little effort.

A more impressive feat has been continually and consistently demonstrated whenever I have visited a mentor of mine, reputed to be exceedingly wise, and known as a very holy man. On some occasions, I have encountered him after coming in from travels in a storm or had torn clothing, if not stained and wet and dirty, and I would not notice until after we had been speaking for some time, that these soiled or damaged clothes, would be utterly repaired and devoid of any blemish or flaw, as I was in his presence. I first thought it was just the dirt or debris melting or falling-off, which seemed the most plausible cause, but every time I see him, I emerge not only spiritually strengthened, but as odd as it seems, my clothes are even refreshed, to a point surpassing their quality when I put them on that day, regardless of the inclement weather or their wear-and-tear. I have sat across from him with boots caked in mud and days of debris, only to leave the conversation with immaculate footwear. Apart from this man's strange restorative presence, until he got to know me, he initially and bluntly stated very private things about me to me which I had never previously told anyone, and had not even been thinking, nor would ever share. Even when I see him, now, he will still make a statement or two that blows my mind, not so much in terms of our metaphysical discussions, though they are enlightening, but eerily, because his statements will tap into things I deeply retain as private, some things I have never articulated aloud in my life, until he says them to me, staring deeply into my eyes.

I have otherwise met few people I'd classify as having "super powers", though.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm going to be unpopular here and say that I do not believe that people posses supernatural powers.

I do however believe in the supernatural, and that people can exhibit supernatural abilities, or have supernatural experiences.

In fact, I have experienced them myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ik9zeroE

Darn reply thing didn't work so I didn't know you replied. Sorry for the tardiness.

My condolences to you on sharing the same plight. I had a recent bad bout of it that ended up frying components in my computer. When it wrecks a $5k rig, it's definitely not a benefit, lol. I didn't grow up near a power plant but I did visit a nuclear power plant facility as a child on a field trip. There was a tremendous static generator and I was the one elected to touch it while the rest of my class formed a hand holding chain from me. My hair raised up straight from my head. We jokingly call that my "origin" story. lol
Maybe it's the truth, lol.

I have a disrupted sleep cycle as well. Isn't that interesting? They actually tested my sleep cycle and apparently, I don't linger long in deep sleep. They figured it was due to childhood traumas occurring at night, which seems pretty legit. I also have insomnia. I can't go to sleep til most of the world around me is out like a light (usually 2:30 to 3 am). It's weird. Son has that problem but not the electromagnetic issues. I don't think they are related for that reason.

Overall, strike electromagnetism off the list for super powers. With our powers combined (couldn't resist lol), we make a pretty good case that it's not an advantage and it is what it is--a disadvantage. Glad you got yours resolved.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Okay, time to call some people out on the carpet:

To anyone who responded to this topic claiming to have a supernatural power, I'd love to see your proof of said powers. Granted I know that a lot of the powers I saw listed seem abstract, a lot could be proven with a simple experiment/demonstration and a camcorder. I have always hoped that there were people out there who possessed supernatural abilities, and based on the responses it appears ATS is chalked full of them...

That or we have a high density of dung slingers on our hands.

Either way, I pose this challenge not with the intent to aggravate, undermine, or mock anyone who truly has powers, but rather to hopefully better understand the nature of this phenomenon and/or root out people who are full of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassie Clay

People can go back and forth on whether people can do these things so that part comes down to personal belief. Can you accept that or do you need to come up with something that makes you feel better. The bigger question, i think, is what will happen when people notice these abilities or phenomenon? More importantly, what will respective governments do? Would they offer help or try to destroy you? I can't imagine it'd be a good time. Because as much as alien shapeshifter conspiracies are laughed at, you can bet your a$$ that they research everything.

As much as I want to believe in the DC Universe, I have a feeling it'd be closer to Marvel.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I am hardly an expert, but this is what occurs to me. Anyone manifesting these abilities -- especially of the psychic variety -- is worth taking a look at. Not because of a direct threat, but because non-human intelligences are general said to be telepathic and it's best to keep tabs on those who are suspected of having regular contact, or those who these beings take interest in. If for no other reason that they don't want the general public thrown into chaos.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Don't want to be THAT guy but I have to.

If all these people are not afraid of being attacked or made fun of now, what is stopping them from video proof or better proof?

Sounds like those church videos where the priest slaps you on the head and you "unwillingly" fall over, its a joke that the people play to because they feel its real.

Please do prove me wrong though, I've love to see someone who has powers and proves it instead of saying "I knocked over a glass of milk with air... Err I mean my energy balls."

I want to believe, but with the amount of skitzos and delusional people on this website, its hard to.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppytoven

People can go back and forth on whether people can do these things so that part comes down to personal belief. Can you accept that or do you need to come up with something that makes you feel better. The bigger question, i think, is what will happen when people notice these abilities or phenomenon? More importantly, what will respective governments do? Would they offer help or try to destroy you? I can't imagine it'd be a good time. Because as much as alien shapeshifter conspiracies are laughed at, you can bet your a$$ that they research everything.

As much as I want to believe in the DC Universe, I have a feeling it'd be closer to Marvel.

Oh please not this bull# again.

Sorry but first people are open minded and they say they're not afraid of being attacked or made fun of, then you go on to say they are. It's all a joke to me, unless I see proof, which I have not.

Sure there are some people with odd natural abilities like the guy who can absorb electricity, but not this I can see into the future, or I can see the moons surface, I can knock people over, or I can summon things.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i have actually done something before with telekinesis i was in a classroom and i was bored, so i just closed my left eye and then i could see a kind of energetic cord, it extended out across the ground like a real cord it was really fast and i couldnt quite tell what was happening but it reached a person, and then i could see through their eyes, it was super blurry like a person with a vision impairment, when i opened my left eye, it stopped i tend to practise this a lot now and iv started a technique to actually start bending willpower this doesnt work too well, but i make them speak gramtical errors making them correct themselves
i hope this helps cassie clay

try and respond to this if you can as i would like to hear on what u think about these "super powers"

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Um, hello I'm new to this fourm ( made my acc like 5 min ago) and I've always been interested in the paranormal, so recently I've been doing psi balls etc, and so far it's been great, I'm progressing fast and I can do cool things like move cups and stuff, sorry if this is off topic or anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruth101
i have actually done something before with telekinesis i was in a classroom and i was bored, so i just closed my left eye and then i could see a kind of energetic cord, it extended out across the ground like a real cord it was really fast and i couldnt quite tell what was happening but it reached a person, and then i could see through their eyes, it was super blurry like a person with a vision impairment, when i opened my left eye, it stopped i tend to practise this a lot now and iv started a technique to actually start bending willpower this doesnt work too well, but i make them speak gramtical errors making them correct themselves
i hope this helps cassie clay

try and respond to this if you can as i would like to hear on what u think about these "super powers"

Robin Foy and myself have had a similar experience. We were in a sceince class with Brian Gene "forests" Kelley and Jon Eveshi Donnis and a spoon was levitated by telekinesis by the teacher Jim "Mac" Warwood. Ectoplasm then came out of the spoon. I have learnt how to do this myself. There is a link between ectoplasm cheeseclothes and psychokinesis.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There is a link to a mans youtube channel but it shows how occultism is so real that people legitimately make money from it. I know the videos look a little commercian but he is the author of many serious books on the occult some by finbarr International.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-8-2014 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I remember reading a post on the Mysterious Universe on this stuff, here's the linky: mysteriousuniverse.org...
I found it really fascinating as it is a compilation of several incidents and provides a very scientific viewpoint to all the cases. For instance, there really is a man who can break through a steel wall, as he suffers from a genetic condition called myostatin related muscle hyperatrophy, giving him supernatural speed, strength and agility. Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi, this is off-topic but when i go to post a new topic its just a blank background screen of this website

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

My uncle has the power of astral travel. I have had experiences with telepathy. My cousin had the power of Telekenisis when he was 5.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have had many psychic experiences. No so much where I can see the future or read anyones mind, but more of a clairvoyance. I can sometimes just know things without knowing how or why I know them. I have an idea that I will think is completely original, then I will see it the world soon after. I have been know to speak things and situatuions into existence and have even been called a witch. I don't think i'm any more special than the average person. I think all humans are connected on another plane and we just have to tap into this dimension to access the information. As far as the US government is concerned, I believe they are only interested when they can find a way to control, manipulate, or benefit from these experiences.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Out of all the psychic abilities, the only ones I haven't been able to do is rise from the dead and levitation.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Answers.
1) I don't think its new, some time ago it was prohibited to talk about. It was considered evil, even these days some countries have same old beliefs.
2) No, there is no increase, perhaps a decrease. Yes some people are getting open-minded, but with today's communications and technologies, everything is falls on shelf of "fake" stories. Very few people take it serious.
3) I am from Russia, I am not sure about US.
4) Hard to answer, the majority of scientist does not take it seriously. So perhaps its better to learn and improve those abilities until the level where you can go to open public and prove it to any possible skeptic.

I got many targets and ideas, but for now I only proved that we can share memories on huge distance. And I did found people similar to me and we are performing experiments, exploring this field and improving our self, learning more possibilities.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamuhn
Pyschic-this has gotten me out of some potentially hazardous situations, people always consider me lucky, but I know

I also have this weird vision thing, I can see energy, its almost like I have hynogogic images without meditating, but its not exactly like that.

Ever since I did salvia, I have been able to see everything in pixels (I can do a lot with seeing patterns in it as well), but I can easily change it back to the normal state of seeing solid images, anybody know what this is all about??

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

Seems like part of your brain has been reset, our world is composed of electrical imagery or a hologram as most people know it. your brain just sees this as it really is and not what you have been conditioned to think it is. I saw this once when I stared at a tree for 20 minutes putting my eyes out of focus and then a completely symmetrical electrical image that were branches of the tree appeared. this is why the fractals are in everything as its just electricity.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes I know what you mean. This is my understanding: I'm not Catholic (well that's what I think) but I think religion is playing a huge role here. Some kind of evil energy came to the world to rule and restrict human beings. We have been brain washed long time ago by the Church.
They won and became rulers of the Earth. High priests and kings in power kept this ancient knowledge in secret.

Check this quote from the bible:
''YOU SHALL NOT EAT FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE
WHEN YOU DO, YOU'LL SURELY DIE''

Free individuals were persecuted, and they mislead people to believe we need some kind of ''order'' using the name of God as justification. And don't think you and I escaped from this mental trap. Just look modern society. We are being dominated and enslaved. We notice this intuitively because it's part of the sub-conscious mind. Did you ever get paranoid? well that's kinda of a mental ability, I think when we start using our brain, the deeper you go more things you find. This kind of knowledge it's wonderful as dangerous. Because it could really make you go insane and have a personality mental breakdown.

I don't think illumination it's precisely a good experience as most people claim.
edit on 4-11-2014 by sumbrero23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join