It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I believe everyone has a spirit, therefore if these powers are limited to spirits I think everyone has them. Maybe some people should think before they speak?

Anyway, I believe that the brain works with resonance and frequency, vibrating at a certain level which can cause certain phenomena to manifest. (Whoa, not a new idea I should think) I believe that is the source of any kind of power, whether it be "super" "psychic" or "magical". One just has to learn how to unlock the secrets of the brain to achieve these things.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kaoscreator

you are an ATS member and refer to "[terrorist] attacks from 9/11"...duh..just mentioning

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wow, all these people with super powers yet not a single person is willing to put iron in their words by going to their local university to set up simple tests that would prove what they say is real, it could even be done anonymously but no.

Want to know why?

It's because people who are claiming they have these abilities are full of crap. That's right, every single of you here claiming you have these abilities are either liars/attention seekers or delusional. Although, let me guess, I'm just closed minded aren't I? Yep, I said it. These amazing powers are real and I'm wrong. Prove it then, my proof that you are wrong is that there is no proof you are right and sometimes (like this) absence of proof 'is' proof of absence. I know you won't prove it and you do too, and you know why. If these things really existed at least one celebrity hungry person would have come forward for studies but no.

Prove me wrong or stop making ridiculous claims.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

I think there are many people who may be considered to have "super-powers". How or why they have them we are not too sure about as of yet. I think the theories for teleknisis (I just know I spelled that wrong) is where the human subject is able to use all the parts of their brain at the same time instead of the usual 30-60%.

There are also cases of pyshics and seeing dreams of the future. Such as my mom. And those who get feelings of foreboding, sorta like a advanced sixth sense, like me. The point it, there are many "super-powered" humans in the world.

I also agree, in a few years, this might turn into a very huge topic. Can't wait to see what the government thinks of all this...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Empiricism Prevails

You are making the assumption that we care about what your opinion on the matter is. We don't

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
Wow, all these people with super powers yet not a single person is willing to put iron in their words by going to their local university to set up simple tests that would prove what they say is real, it could even be done anonymously but no.

Prove me wrong or stop making ridiculous claims.

Good one.
Although I haven't read these 80 pages of posts, I would estimate that a good percentage (80% perhaps?) of these claims could be true. On the other hand, I won't prove you wrong either, because you're right too - for some reason, scientific articles and documentaries on this subject are ridiculously difficult to find. Well, actually it's a bit better than it was just a few years ago, but it's still considered a taboo of sorts.

Found a thread on this:
Scientific PROOF of Teleportation, telekinesis and channeling!!!

The more I practice these things, the less I seem to care about anything in this material world. It's difficult to see a reason why one should bother playing a test bunny. Nevertheless, quite a few of such tests have been performed.

One of my favorites is a short documentary on Masuaki Kiyota's psychokinesis (part 1/3):

Found another old documentary of psychokinesis tests and their results (part 1/3):

You might also find something interesting from the Journal of Parapsychology:
Journal of Parapsychology on BNET

I hope this helps. At least I found a lot of interesting stuff to watch and read

edit on 27-4-2011 by Sussch because: practice was in past tense, in a sentence in present tense

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the answer to your first question is there was most definitely people in the olden days to be reported for possessing some sort of superhuman powers, example.. jesus christ _javascript:icon('
')

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?

Relatively new? .. not in the slightest. The Oracle of Delphi could qualify as something more than you mentioned and that was a fairly widely known quantity, not just an insubstantial myth or legend attributed to .. well.. say like Gilgamesh, who was an amalgamation of four or more kings of the time and risen to godhood through amplification of his life and folk story.

2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?

I highly doubt it's increased much. I just think due to the internet people feel safer talking about it, have facilitated communication and it's easier.. more comfortable.. to accept that you might be one of these kinds of people. It's hard to think of yourself as special when you feel desperately alone and just want to be like everyone else. Hearing that there are others... it helps. Profoundly.

3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?

Powers That Be ... is a suspect term, but I'll let it slide. The United States Government has many declassified files due to the Freedom of Information act that you could easily find on the internet that show that they've expressed interest in training soldiers in psychic defense and warfare. The experiments never panned out much that I know of, but they're aware of it. I suspect the religion hot button in political circles keeps them from being too open about their interests. A wise move honestly, if they intend to keep their comfy seats.

4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

They do. They have. But honestly people like this don't really like to stick out much. They usually grow up with a lot of misunderstanding surrounding them and lead pretty troubled childhoods. Trust issues, all that nasty stuff. Outing isn't something most of them like, but some go out on a limb for the sake of informing those that seek information, helping poor lost souls like they once were find some comfort in the knowledge that they're not alone..sometimes just for purely arrogant and selfish reasons, to brag, to feel superior.. people are just people, talents.. some would call it a curse.. or not.

I think you feel where I'm coming from on this. I'm not saying I am one. I'm not saying you are either. But it's ok for them to look for fellowship. It's normal. It's what any living creature with the exception of some predators do. Even Pirannha swim with their own kind, you know?

Regarding the next 25 years.. I highly doubt anything is going to change substantially. People.. humanity as a whole.. it's awful slow to change. It may be a great lumbering juggernaut when it finally gets off its butt and charges forward, but it takes quite a while for that to happen, information age or not. Just as a tidbit, it takes about 30 days to train in a bad habit and twice as long to train one out. If it takes that long for just a small change like that.. for example, using the word "I" less often as to not appear self centered.. imagine how long it takes for a paradigm shift on the level you describe. A completely new direction of thinking to open up on a global scale?

edit on 1-5-2011 by Pastamancer because: Fixing the quote tags for clarity.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
After reading many of the threads posted on ATS and other sites, reading many books & articles, and making observations in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers." These powers include:
* advanced psychic powers: clairvoyance, psychometry, remote viewing, telepathy
* telekinetic abilities
* possible electro-magnetic abilities
* magical abilities of an undetermined nature that can affect reality
To be fair, I have not heard of anybody who can fly (though some can levitate short distances), break steel with their hands (tho can't some advanced martial-arts people do this? or is that just wooden boards?), or possess unbreakable admantium claws (though an advanced "healing factor" has also been reported in some people).
But even if there are people out there who can only do the psychic, telekinetic, and other stuff--I mean, gosh, that's pretty significant, isn't it? That's like the frickin' X-Men!

My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.

It has been going on throughout history. Buddha is possibly the best example of someone with these abilities, although anyone is potentially capable. I think that is why he is the best example because he understood why it was possible to do these things (he was "awake"). And I'm sure the U.S. is studying it extensively, we just don't know about it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

my gifts are also my curse....as such i am a witch....i am unsure of my magic but my gifts i can basically spill words to people make predictions and they later come true...to me what i say should be ovbious to you...you find this thig courious but you do not know what it is like to be overcome with the urge to say something to people and them not know what you are talking about and they tell you you are friggen nutz....that is untill it comes true...some will be brave and seek you out ..... and ask HOW you knew.....truth is you have no clue....i tell them that i am a witch that means sometimes i just know stuff....esp the stuff that i should have no clue about...at times...most of the time it is because of my expirence being mixed with the stuff the spirit puts in my mouth...

we are here to beat it into the heads of people that YES SALLY THERE REALLY IS STUFF BIGGER THAN HUMANS IN THE UNIVERSE there really is a spirit plane and some of us are in tune with it.....

it is my blessing
it is my curse

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I believe that there are quite a few people out there who have some form of "super-power". Personally, my best ability is healing. My best friend's best ability is psychic grounding. I personally think that there are those among us who have very strong abilities that don't have to qualify as "super-powers". In my own experience, there are many people out there who do have such strong abilities. If they need to, they will find each other. Just my personal opinion, but I've seen it more times than I can count.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All the above do exist. You can do anything that you believe you can, we have always been told this but not many people understand the truth behind it. We, as humans, have set "boundaries" for ourselves throughout the generations. We see life in a box, we like to believe "powers don't exist" "that's not possible" "ive never heard/seen that"
we have bred ourselves into stupid animals, we are much more capable then we realize. We create our own reality in how we perceive it. Once you stop thinking with your brain and knowing with your soul then anything in the world is possible. Look up thought of attraction, interesting theory that works 100 percent of the time (in my life) yet i have also lifted the veils and see this life, this reality, this dimension, for what it is. An illusion. You create your own boundaries, with enough patience, practice, and dedication you will be able to accomplish anything.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Any sort of psychic/magic power is a total hoax.

The only true "super power" is such as when a mother sees her son stuck under a car, panics and manages to lift the car enough to free the child.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you truly had powers then you would see no need to share them. You are trying to beat each other out at a ridiculous game, every single one of us has powers. We just have forgotten how to use them, you are one with a divine being, that divine being created this reality and lives inside each and everyone of us. Since we are part of this being, we too, can manipulate this reality in any manner we choose. The hard part is knowing you can.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Scales

Because this mother does not think, she acts. The only thing that holds us back from our true potential is ourselves. When you take your mind and the thought process out of the way "super powers" (for lack of a better word) are as easy and as natural as breathing. By scientific standard this mother is not physically capable of lifting a car, yet we have all heard the stories of them doing so. We grew up in a society that has shunned any thought of divine powers, we simply believe it is not possible. Its a shame, for every one of us has the ability.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

i think and im sure that these powers are available with proper training. What is your method to overcome your limitations? sent you a pm

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I still believe such abilities are possible. But think about this:

If there was A person in the whole world we would have seen such a gift by now. The odds are just far too high. And I'm sure there would be a super powered villian/hero in our sights.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

I've experienced the kind of amnesia that is mentioned in this article:
The Lost Art of Levitation

People just forget everything that defies the norm for them. It's like a protection mechanism for the mind or something. Their minds quickly become skeptical and convince them that they didn't see anything out of ordinary. This mechanism sometimes even rewrites or erases the memory (which may also be the case for alien abductees).

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by ka119

i think and im sure that these powers are available with proper training. What is your method to overcome your limitations? sent you a pm

Ill post here and them send you this in a pm..
There are multiple ways one is able to "unlock" these fascinating abilities, personally i have learned that it is all a domino effect, once you start the process of enlightenment it will not stop unless you force it to by blocking it out. Anyways the way i got started with all of this was at a very young age, my father and I used to sit before bed and manipulate a candle flame (one of the easiest beginners practices because a flame is complete energy) we would also practice seeing the 'light' or aura around ourselves, others, and plants and animals. When i grew into my pre-teens he stopped this practice and let me on my own path, it was then that i founded myself to be agnostic, and began to develop my own ideas about the world around me.
When i was 16 i began to have numerous questions about the universe and the world around us (as all do) and i started to talk to my dad about that, these led to feelings of something 'more than meets the eye' in our world, in our reality.
As i dove further into these questions and thoughts i found myself remembering my earlier teachings, i sparked back up the conversation to my dad about these energy practices and i found myself in a 'whole new world of knowledge'. We began with simple energy techniques, first with feeling and moving energy within yourself, next we moved to seeing energy around you and in plants and animals, it then led us to doing the candle again and making "psi balls" (balls constructed out of energy) as time went on he once again began to let me be my own teacher, i got to the point where i could see the energy i was moving and manipulating.
Through my energy teachings i started to meditate, i would do it nightly and before bed, as my daily ritual. It was hard at first but eventually i was able to clear my mind and experience pure "nothing-ness" interesting feeling.
About 8 months into my teachings i read a book called "Illusions" by Richard Bach. This book took the reality i knew and flipped it upside down. This book proposed a whole new world to us, one that was false and could be manipulated with the simple act of "knowing it to be". I highly recommend this to anyone that wishes to take their teachings higher.
After reading the book i looked at the world in a whole new light, i no longer looked at myself as having limitations, yet i could do anything my mind perceived. This thought would prove to be true but it was not as easy as i thought. To truly have this mindset you must KNOW that what you are attempting can be done, there must be no doubt in your mind, which is extremely hard because of the society we have grew up in. When are used to limitations set upon us by physics and laws that we seem to be true, these have brainwashed us all and made doing "the impossible" nearly such.
I had an experience while i was in deep meditation, an experience that my father had and someone else on this website had (i cannot remember the name, if you are reading this please contact me) while in deep meditation i was drawn to the astral projection plane, from there my view traveled higher and high, house, block, neighborhood, city, state, country, world, space, nothingness. I saw our entire universe expanded out in what appeared to me as the infinity shape. The universe then began to destroy itself and create a new, over and over again. I was in 'the light' as i was observing this (i refer to the light as eternal bliss, when i was little and had a near death experience i was in this and was one with what people perceive as "god or "the greater power") and could communicate with the greater energy (as i refer to it) i asked it everything i could, all about life and my perceptions of reality. It confirmed everything and set me straight on everything as well. It showed me a door, just beginning to open saying
"you are stepping on the threshold of wisdom" and went on to tell me as i asked it about our reality that "you and i are one, you are part of me, as i of you, i created this reality you live in, therefore you created this reality you live in, what you perceive is truth, what you know is wisdom, you know all for you created all, being one of me and i of you manipulation of the reality i created is easy, for you created it"
once you become an observer to reality the truth becomes clear. You can do what you please, for you create what can exist and what cannot. Do not let others tell you you can not achieve, for they have yet to step on the threshold of enlightenment.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Neurology - brain telepathy - STOP telepathic psycho terror on me
My name is Vinko Rajic .
I am maybe the only really telepathic person in the world. You should not think that I could be Schizophrenic.

I can exchange voice, video, smell, people can move small move muscles on my body from distance and much more
and all messages from me are transmitted to big number of people so I am a Mental Radio.

I never found any document about any other existing person in human history like myself, but
science never did serious research on me and I actually did not exist in world of science.
I could easy give evidence for telepathy.Maybe some of Neurologist or scientist
could help me or is maybe interesting to make research on my phenomena.

Actually I should be celebrity but they(Croats, Swedish, Norwegians helped with some others and of some idiot church)
turn it to be opposite. I am educated Software Developer and telepathic but I am going to finish on the street.
I am very poor, have no job, no accommodation, no girlfriend for last 10 Years, I am 37 Years old.
Terror for 10 Years, day after day, they call it show but it is cruel torture, but they accepted it to me and they
finance some idiots to psycho torture me day and night from distance. They must have spend 500 000 Euro for this.
Their show is to fight that I do not succeed in carrier and have no love life.
They found some expert in psycho torture, attacking my intimacy, waking me up, I do not know what is normal sleep for 10 Years.

I have very difficult task to stop this terror. Telepathy do not exists in world of science and they think is Schizophrenia.
Police think I am mad and I do not know how many people know about telepathy. Some percent people know me.

Please join this case of tragedy-comic world of brain magic and telepathy and Schizophrenia, join cause causes.com/causes/613571 on facebook.
Please resend information to other,
maybe some day is someone going to have correct info on people working on this and going to call police with names of idiots working on this.
You can save me of life on street under telepathic psycho torture. I am looking for some scientist that wont to make
research on me and if I have confirmed this of some scientist I can get protection of police.
If you have any way to find my ex. Lisa Herne , born in Halmstad, Sweden please tell Lisa to go to police station and tell all
she know about this terror.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join