It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This thread is definately interesting. I can't claim to have powers and know for sure, but I have my speculations.

I've never had a broken bone and I recover from pain very quickly.

I've recently had difficulty in large crowds, often taking on a collective emotion, pretty much like going with the flow. Perhaps it's because I've been training in sensitiviy and I need to practice shielding myself...

I've also tried "Psiballs" and minor TK. I'm in th practice stages of everything. I don't really have any natural skills, just what I train to do.

Also, I've recently started developing a language I've dubbed "Saerin" or "Of the Angels." I suppose this could be considered something a lot of people can do but the way I've developed the race that this language works with and how some of the language works...I've never imagined my imagination working to that extent. Sometimes I wonder if a lot of it has come from some strange past life experience....I don't know though. It's my speculation so I don't expect anyone to take my word on this last one about the language.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm new, and I can do some of those things too.
I just don't know if I want to share.

I like the idea of banding together, though.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
O.K., since no one seems to be listening, I'll post some things I can do.

-I'm an empath(I can even target it)
-I'm slightly clear voyant (in the form of remembering the future)
-I can see (and feel) energy
-somtimes I can sense spirits (their usuly angry, probly because, even after thousands of years of human existence, we still can't get along with our own kind)

I still say that psychics should band together, we could help each other.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I joined this site simply so I could reply to this thread...

There are many people out there with more, how can I say, "extreme gifts" than some of you think. The ones with these "gifts" more often than not have to hide it. It is better if attention isn't drawn to this matter in the slightest.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Look i'm only an empath, and yet, i have 2 hide my powers from my best freind, my parents, everyone because if they knew, they would hate me even worse!!!!!

Plus if you want to dis the psychic comunity idea, please just do it on my new furum, the psychic comunity.

WHY DO YOU HATE PSYCHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Zeta409]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
look, i gota go i'll be bak tomorow.

DONT DIS THE PSYCHIC COMUNITY IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hide? I don't see much need to. I allow a certain fe of my friends in on what exactly it is I'm practicing. (For the purpose of some extent of anonymity, their names will be the names we have fabricated for hourselves, like my name isn't actually Karu, but they still refer to me as such)

Two of my friends are also practicing psions. (One doesn't have a pseudonym) Syn so far is mainly focusing on shielding for the sake of preotecting himself from unwanted empathic projections.

Gable knows and I often talk to her about it.

While I haven't mentioned anything to Rain, Mania, Damien, Cancer, or Melancholia yet, I trust most of them with any secret I can offer thems, even if any secret can potential be the bane of normal existance. They may look at me funny, but they won't lose trust in me.

If you are unable to share your experience with your close friends, then why do you have friends? And why do you bother to practice your abilities? In my opinion, the world and humanity can benefit from being aware of these things. Psionic practices can be used for more than personal gain, but have the potential for spiritual enlightenment.

Imagine for instance you know someone who abuses drugs or alchohol. Instead of that, they could spend their time to get a rise out of practicing and experiencing the pleasure of doing something most of our culture deems impossible.

Perhaps we enlightened few (I speak in terms of us knowing something others dont) have a self determined destiny to help others. In my personal experience, I have lost much faith in humanity. Perhaps if I can give them something to help them realize a higher purpose for human existance, that faith can begin to be restored.

Forgive me for my rant, but that is my rather extensive view on the subject. Feel free to comment. Try not to penalize me for my opinion though.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I wasn't speaking of necessarily what would be considered psychic abilities. That is one of the main issues, yes, but there are others that do have abilities outside of the psychic (clairvoyance, empathy, etc.) category.
If more extensive research is done on THIS subject then it will lead to questions about whether or not other people have different abilities, etc. It's just not beneficial.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I cant stop my powers, and i need my freinds. to tell the truth i only have 2 freinds, and 1 of them does know just a little, if i told him the whole thing, he wouldn't believe me. we need each other, or, at least, i need someone i can talk to about all this, thats why i jioned ATS in the first place.

as for helping humanity, all humans are idiots, including us (which also includes me).

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Zeta409]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

Personally, I have a lot of psychic "super powers". I don't think that I shoudl hide my head and hide my abilities just because people would hate me for it. I have telepathic abilities and I've told a few people--since then they've been afraid to talk to me.
We deffiantly need to band together. I don't know about everyone else, but I could totally use advice on how to control these powers. Even being able to talk to people about our problems from the powers would be great.
I am a bit paranoid about people knowing I'm an empath, have visions, etc. , but I think the first way yto acceptance is knowledge.

If anyone starts a private board for psychic people, PLEASE U2U me about it. I'd love to join.
you know he's rite!

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
look i caqnt u2u yet, so will some one please tell the guy i go that quote from that there is a psychic community thread?????i forgot his name, anyway, i'll go check what it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
oh, wait, i forgot, his name is on the quote, NEVER MIND I DONT NEED HIS NAME ANYMORE, BUT PLEASE STILL U2U HIM 4 ME.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Haha. With the amount you post you should be able to U2U in no time.

As for the "Other Abilities", please list them (in general, no names or anything of who can) because I'd like to see what you consider out of the range of psionic ability. Psionic (no pyschic) abilities can range very far if trained correctly.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yep, i should able to u2u soon, this is post #12 or 13

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
that last 1 was #12 this is 13 the other3 are on a thread i started called psychic comunity.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karu Jyrai
Haha. With the amount you post you should be able to U2U in no time.

As for the "Other Abilities", please list them (in general, no names or anything of who can) because I'd like to see what you consider out of the range of psionic ability. Psionic (no pyschic) abilities can range very far if trained correctly.

There are, obviously, an endless amount of "other abilities." They are pretty obvious to figure at as well, as they are the more, erm, out there abilities.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Please post quality 'on topic' posts as opposed to the amount of posts one has made.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta409
O.K., since no one seems to be listening, I'll post some things I can do.

-I'm an empath(I can even target it)
-I'm slightly clear voyant (in the form of remembering the future)
-I can see (and feel) energy
-somtimes I can sense spirits (their usuly angry, probly because, even after thousands of years of human existence, we still can't get along with our own kind)

I still say that psychics should band together, we could help each other.
i listed my powers earlier (*14)

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I can understand there are "Obviously more powers". I asked yu to list them though, not point out something you've already said.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How can I list something that's nearly infinite? (That was kind of what I indirectly said in the previous post). And i'm talking more physical attributed powers than something having to do with the mind alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join