It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by observigentAs for you, Corum, you and I have discussed this. We had our argument and it is over. It's been long enough that you harrassed this site.

I've harrassed no-one and you know it, so you can stop trying to make me out to be some sort of cyber bully.

Originally posted by observigentAnd it seems to me that you are the exact thing this forum is against: vulture-like power hungry non-believers.

How completely deluded you are about what this site stands for. Let me explain once again to you and maybe it will sink in this time. This site is about truth and the search for it. What you are saying is that this site is somewhere where people can write whatever they like and everyone will believe them without question. Wrong. I have the right to question anything on this site and as long as I remain within the T+C's you should not even comment on me not being welcome here posting questions, even though you have the right to.

Originally posted by observigent
But to wait in the sidelines for someone to speak about stable powers just so you can try to manipulate them into proving themselves to the government: the exact people we strive to turn our backs on

Wrong again. I glanced by and noticed you had posted, I thought I would take a look. I saw you were telling people you had super powers and was acting like Charles Xavier, I suggested you put some iron behind your words. That's what you don't like about me, I question you and you don't like it. If your claims were true then what I say would not bother you, but you seem mightily bothered to me.

Originally posted by observigentSo in short, I will make this simple: No one wants to prove themselves to you, and no one needs to. The point of this site is to help one another, not find some 'villan' to deceive us into proving ourselves.

What you mean is no one ''can'' prove themselves. You're right about this site partly being about people helping each other, as it should be, so help me and many others by proving what you say you can do. The trouble is that you won't because you can't, you know it and I know it.

Aside from all that, I do believe there is much to discover within the human mind, I believe there is potential for amazing ability. There are countless corridors of the brain yet to be discovered and I would love the next stage of evolution to include special ability, yet when I see people here boasting about having super powers without willing to back up their claims for no good reason, I believe that its people creating an online alter-ego, attention seekers or people who are slightly delusional. Once again, if you say you have abilities prove it and cut out the bullcrap.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Corum]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Okay I'm tired and bored and couldn't help but notice Corum is back for some more rants and so on. First of all the questions you ask have been asked many of times, so this is really old news. It is kind of getting annoying, but I'm sure to you it doesn't look that way. Once again I ask how in the world you would want us to prove powers? Youtube? Take a plane to your house and at your front door show you saying "tada!"? That question is borderline rediculous. And once again, why would we want to go to a labratory run by the people we don't want to find us and let them use us as their little mice? And the charity one, why would any of us want to help a civilization that is too proud to help itself. It's almost as if the citizens don't want to help, just let some savior swoop down and spray magical happy dust on everything. Well there is my feedback, for observigent, don't worry too much about this, the only reason I even paid attention to what Corum said was because I was in an argueing mood.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomedfordeath

I completely agree. I was going to be less of a chicken, and be 'that-person', who says something about this, but then i just went, "bawk!"
And fled. But i shouldn't have... It is really annoying, this "prove it" business. If you want to know, skeptic, go seek it yourself. That is what he wants, someone to take a jet around America (presumably) until they find his (presumably's) house, and jump out in a long flowing cape and metallix spandex outfit, shouting "ta-DAAAAA!!!!" No smart person would publicly say that they have "real live super powers", or try to prove it for the skeptical people, here or anywhere. So unless Magneto falls right out of the comic book, i doubt this guy's pleas will be answered. ~Likely he'd dismiss a youtube "proof" video anyway.~ If you want to know, Pursue the idea of abilies youself~

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Okay, it's like talking to children now. You Tube is a ridiculous idea for proof, I've not mentioned Youtube at any point. You say you would go to a lab but the government would use you as lab rats, although the real reason is that you have no powers. Let me explain once again, you can get lab tested anonymously, you do not need to give your personal details and you can do this at your nearest university. You can have your privacy guaranteed.

Realistically, no one here will do this, for obvious reasons. So with that, I will leave the thread, it's quite embarrassing that I even involved myself in the thread in the first place. So, I will leave you to your delusions unless some reference is made to me in any of your future posts.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corum

first off, i would like to say that i found no hint of ill will in corum's post when he came back. though in the past you have come across in a way that would make us put our gaurd up, corum. everyone has made a very good point. corum, while we are on the subject, i may have myself observed in a university setting, that way i may learn more about what i can do, i feel that i have abilities but i also feel that since mine are supposedly based in the sub-concious/psyche, how ever you put it, that many would feel they are fake because i can't do anything extraordinary like many people seem to be able to do on this site. i feel that human's are evolving and unlocking powers that are not very powerful, atleast in most cases, but may become more powerful. if it was possible to prove my powers without a doubt, i would, that way i can learn more about them and help others, but i don't think i can, yet, someday perhaps. that is all i have time for at the moment, thank you.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Jynx13]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks for your civility, Lynx. I respect the fact that you are thinking about attending a university lab for testing, the reason why I recommend uni's for testing is that universities have a history of testing for the paranormal and they have all the required equipment (well, a fair amount do). I'm no brain expert but if you have heightened activity happening sub-consciously then a brain scan might show the area of extra activity which would prove to yourself (and others if you wanted) that something is indeed happening, if the scan didn't work there are other tests. Good luck, Lynx, and thanks for the honesty in your post.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Do-re-me again. That would be the best thing to happen because we could discuss our powers. Also I cannot move rocks anymore but i can read the minds of animals. My friend is also psychic and he would love that too.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Do-re-me again. That would be the best thing to happen because we could discuss our powers. Also I cannot move rocks anymore but i can read the minds of animals. My friend is also psychic and he would love that too.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Okay Corum, I think I misread what you said earlier. I thought when you said labratories, you were referring to the government, not universities. I agree that if you did not have any way to control your powers, a university could be very useful. But seeing as I am not in need of any help controlling at the moment, I do not need to go anywhere. A local place like a university and such isn't that bad, but I would never trust myself in the hands of our government.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
~sigh~ And i was thinking the same thing. Your reply will not always be regarded kindly when you go "you have no powers, if you did you would prove it." Prove it to who? Who do "we" have to prove anything to?

...Though no one actually does have "powers". To say so, in that manner, it would be egotistical. Some people do have natural abilities, but superheroes- ~like Magneto~ have "powers". I don't suppose anyone "out there" as in "in here" actually thinks on such things?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A few years ago I bought a bunch of those energy saving light bulbs. They came in a package of 6 and were encased in clear plastic. I picked up the package of bulbs and I thought I saw light come from one of the bulbs. So I ran my palm accross the bulbs encased in the plastic packaging and as my hand struck the top of each of the bulbs, they did indeed light up. I stood there in amazement and did it over and over again. I showed my two children what I was able to do and they tried to do it and it did not work for them. My oldest son suggested that I created an electrical charge (static) by rubbing the plastic packing. But I noted that I saw one of the light bulbs glow when I initially picked up the package and I was not rubbing it to cause static.
Neither one of my sons were able to make these bulbs glow as I did.
Anyone got an answer for this? Is it just static and if so why were my sons not able to make the bulbs in the package glow?
Can anyone else out there do this?

[edit on 26-7-2008 by iamcanadian2]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcanadian2

It may have actually been something of a conversion. Or, not at all, because the body doesn't need to convert, in second thought. Because the body already has electricity naturally running through it. It is just one type of energy naturally there. Perhaps it was a subconsious thing, letting that type of energy pass through the bulbs? That's my take on it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yo, long time reader, first time poster...uhh yeah. Anyway to corum, I believe people who have "powers" would be affraid of proving them cause the "government" would lets say "kidnap" (cause my brain isn't working right now) said person with said powers and experiment on them trying to find out what makes them tick.
Also, being a fan of comics and such, if you had "powers" there is a high possibility you would have "enimies" and if everyone knew you had "powers" these "enimies" would attempt to get at you through your friends and family. And so on and so forth.

But yeah, thats just my 2 cents. I mean, I belive everyone would want some sort of proof that there are people with powers, but in saying that, maybe we are seeing them, everyday people in everyday life, but we just don't notice it because they are not flying and lifting up trucks with one hand.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I would like to point out that people have "powers" in comic books.
Live people- in real life- when they have something unique and natural, that they don't get by falling into a vat of radioactive slime, this is actually called having "abilities". To say otherwise is to automatically give yourself a gynormous head.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Levita: Don't worry about our connotation of the word "powers". We aren't necessarily saying that we are superheroes or something with abnormal radioactive abilities or superstrength or things like that. It is merely a term we use to describe a general sense of what we have. It's a very loose term here so there is no need to stress over the exact meaning.

Doomedfordeath: I stand behind your words 100%. Everything you have stated towards Corum, towards this forum I completely agree with you on.

Corum: I never said you weren't allowed to put your opinion down. I was just simply stating that I didn't want you to continue on about how we needed to prove ourselves. If we want to prove ourselves, we will. Jynx plans to. So there you go. All I am saying is that you cannot push someone into showing someone what they can do if they don't want to. That doesn't mean that they don't have powers. And it could mean they don't. I agree that there are posers out there, just as there is for every other thing in the world. And another reason, that Doomedfordeath slightly mentioned, are the ones who have their abilities under control enough that they don't feel it necessary to go to a university. Also, if by chance someone did go to a university, how exactly would you go about proving mental powers (besides mindreading of course, that's obvious.) But things such as emotional control. One friend of mine did not believe me at first when I showed her my ability. She thought it mere coincidence that her feelings changed because her emotions were already at a stable base. And she was expecting it. I have found that if someone, especially someone with great intellect, or someone with a mental ability themselves, can block out (even unconciously) any waves that try to penetrate their minds, if they are expecting the penetration. I am saying this from past experience. Recently I have not had that problem, but that may be because I haven't been put in that situation for a while.
But back to my point. Yes, you have thrown the possiblity of going to a university. And thank you, some will enjoy that idea. But those people who prefer to not prove themselves, whether just currently or never, have the choice. So I will say thank you again for the option but try to refrain from overdoing the advertisements.

With All Do Respect,
Observigent

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
try concentrating on the third one. I concentrated. now i can electromagnetically "see" without my eyes. Also I get superstrength (lifting 1 ton) And fighting skills when I am extremely angry. Try focusing on the crackling of electricity.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey
I am new . I was wondering if any one knew how to strenthen these abilities.
clairvoyent
clairsenient
Clairaudience
Psychokinesis
levitaion
and psychic smelling and tasting
oh and anything that has to do with electronics and psychic abilities ( i have a kind of connetion with them

mind hybid

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by winddancer92

Wow.....you can knock a tree over. I can do aerokenesis too but all I can do is make a strong breeze.....how do you knock a tree over?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
my powers r wind and weather manipulation, energy asorbing, rage, and im working on doing chlorokensis and biokensis!

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join